Saturday, December 15, 2012

All I want

Welcome to the weekend fellow stampers!

The girl's day out shopping trip was a lot of fun and quite successful. So much so that we didn't get home until quite late and I didn't have time to make a card for yesterday. But I hope that I've made up for that with not only a new card but a couple of coloring videos to go along with it. :)

Like I mentioned the other day, I've been experimenting with a different shading technique on faces recently. It's funny because it's been a while since I've experienced one of those "Aha" moments in my coloring that has brought with it a shift in my style but this is one of them. That's why I love this hobby though, it definitely has the potential for constant growth and change which is exciting to me. And now I want to share how I go about it with all of you. It's nothing huge, just a subtle addition of shading across the middle of the face to allude to some facial definition on all of those nose-less characters that we all love to color up. 
I used Holiday Anya 2 for my example because she hasn't seen ink before this but I couldn't resist some altering as well. I made an easy change to her dress by snipping away the ribbon tails and I also replaced her long ponytail with a sassy little side bun that I borrowed from Princess Anya 3. You can see the entire process on the videos here and here... or you can catch them over on the Color Me Copic blog.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy! Now it's time for me to get myself ready for work. Have a good one!   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and COpic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye ('Tis the Season)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Holiday Anya 2 and Princess Anya 3), Hero Arts (sentiment), Papertrey Ink (Mistletoe & Holly)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Colorbox chestnut roan, Tim Holtz Forest Moss Distress
glitter trim
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E97, E99, E19, E18
clothes- R14, R17, E07, YG23, YG25, YG67, E40, E41, 0

9 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Hi Amy. Anya turned out so cute. Love the addition of the nose. I learned a lot from your last video and am now off to watch these two. Thank you so much for taking the time to do these videos for us.

theCook said...

Hi Amy, thank you so much, i loved the videos!

Leanne said...

Morning Amy!
Oh I see and it does give the illusion great job! I love the alterations too. The little side bun is adorable. Super cute card!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE she is sooooo darn cute! I asked for this stamp on my christmas. love your card.
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Juls said...

this is so cute!!! Hugs Juls

Kimberly S said...

She turned out just beautifully! I'm really enjoying the YT videos too, thanks so much for taking the time to share with us. :) hugs, Kimberly

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful.

Diane said...

Thanks for showing your technique of coloring -so very helpful--I love the illusion of a nose!

RiNNE said...

I love that song! It's my absolute fave ;). Your alteration of Anya is amazing! Love these special effects on her!!