Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday joy

Howdy folks! 

Talk about a day... I ended up having to stay two hours late at work and then drive home in the snow storm that had been going steady all day. Luckily I had the 4 wheel drive to get me up all the hills since the snow plows must have been busy elsewhere. But I was totally beat once I finally made it home. 

That doesn't mean that I didn't make time for a quick card to unwind though. I've had this Christmas Lights Fairy printed out and waiting so I gathered some paper scraps together and colored her up to match. And because she is a little fairy I'm going to enter this card into this week's open challenge over at Flutter By. I kept things clean and simple and the only embellishments on it aren't even traditional paper crafting supplies... I had a miniature plastic light strand and cut it apart to add a couple of bulbs to the bow. I had to wrap it up after that though because my eyes were starting to droop. :)

Arighty friends, take care and I'll see ya in 24.
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- KI Memories (trees), MemoryBox (stripe), BoBunny (red)
digital stamp- A Day for Daisies (Christmas Light Fairy)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
American Crafts jute twine
plastic lights
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, YR31, E33
clothes- C0, E40, BG000, 0
lights- R35, R46, R89, YG0000, YG00, YG03, YG17, YG67, G28, RV21, RV32, RV34, R000, RV000

13 comments:

Marianne said...

Such a sweet image, Amy. Love how you've kept the layout simple.
Marianne x

Leanne said...

Aw, super sweet Amy and love the touch of the lights to the twine. Glad you made it home! Take care out there!
Have a great day!
:)

Julie D. Richards said...

She's so cute sitting on that bulb. Great touch with the mini lights.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Adorable!!!! love her and those mini bulbs are Fab on here!!! Brooke's winter performance was Fabulous!!! Glad her dad and I were able to attend!! Wish you a Snow Free day today!!! Have an Awesome day!!
hugs, Heidi

Billie A said...

Another darling card. Love the lights and the coloring. Beautiful card.

Danni said...

I love this image, just so sweet! Darling card!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Delphine said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Such a beautiful image and I love your CAS design with just the little bulbs, so cute! Hugs Delphine xx

corryskaart said...

Hoi Amy
Echt een vrolijke kerstkaart en van deze kant de allerbeste wensen voor het nieuwe jaar
Groetjes van corry

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Eek! Snow driving always keeps me on edge! Love the sweet card:)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love this card and the image is sweet, especially because I love Christmas lights.

Juls said...

love it!! Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

Very sweet...she is super simple but beautiful!! I'm wondering if you ever got the fairy I sent ya for your bday (not this past year's but 2011). Just remembered it right now..it was from SCACD and I think she was on top of a mushroom, sitting too like this one is. Anyway, I just noticed the little trinkets of mini Christmas lights in the corner. You rock!