Sunday, December 30, 2012

Say cheese!

Olo!

Well, it was a no go on the movie yesterday. By 9am it was snowing and it didn't let up until the evening. I'm still determined to travel to Middle Earth so Jac and I will try to make the trip today, weather permitting.

As for today's card, I was recently introduced to a new digital stamp shop called Alicia's Crafty Corner. As soon as I saw those big, beautiful eyes I knew that I wanted to use Photographer Alicia blown up and cropped in a 'big head' style. Printing her out this size also made it super fun to color her hair as well. 
And if this sweet face isn't enough incentive to check out these new digis then wait 'til you see the challenge that Alicia has going on right now. I'm entering this card into the open challenge which runs until January 7th and up for grabs is a Silhouette Portrait electronic cutting tool... talk about a WOW prize!

Alrighty, wish me luck that the snow stays away and I can make the trip to the movie safe and sound. I'm sure it will be worth the trouble but I'll admit there is a part of me that really wishes these movies came out earlier in the year when the weather is not an issue. ;)

Toodles!      
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Dear Lizzy (5th & Frolic and Neapolitan)
digital stamp- Alicia's Crafty Corner (Photographer Alicia)
stamps- Studio Calico (sentiment), Papertrey Ink (sew simple stitches)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox creamy brown and Tim Holtz pumice stone distress
Kaiser Craft pearls
ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20, R83, R35
hair- E44, E47, E49
eyes- E23, E25, G85, BG000, 0
clothes- BG70, BG72, BG57, BG23, YG11, YG21, YG91
camera- C1, C2, C5, C7, C10, 0

26 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Awesome!! Love the design, image and your fabulous coloring. Happy New Year!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning!

Unknown said...

What a jaw dropping card! Amy your coloring is stunning. I love it!!! So many wonderful details on your card. Thank you for joining the challenge.

Sudha said...

Pretty sweet creation.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

carsondcat said...

frigga awesome, i <3 this.

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, You are so killing me. lol... I love this card!!! She is so pretty and omg girl I love how you have colored her hair, her eyes and the way you have fuzzy cut her out! I am going to have to that this is my all time FAVORITE CARD of yours for 2012. This is just adorable! I sure hope you get to your movie today. We had a great trip to Ritzville yesterday. It didn't start to snow until on the way back and when we got into town is when it picked up momentum. Have a great day and a safe trip if you go. Hugs, Lisa

The Crafty Den said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Crafty Den said...

Wow Amy, words cannot describe how amazing your colouring is. I saw your card on facebook and had to come over and leave a comment. Goodl luck getting to the movies.

Unknown said...

This is my favorite card ever! Like Crafty Den said, words cannot describe how amazing your coloring is. I owe you an apology, because I did post your card on Facebook, I gave you the credit and a link to your blog, but I should have asked you first if I could do that, so sorry about it. I think it is such an amazing card I just more people to see it. I will remove it. Again sorry, I didn't want to cause any inconvenience at all.

Shazza said...

this is fabulous, love her hair x

Billie A said...

Wow your coloring and choice of colors are awesome. I love the hair and eyes of this lovely image. You really brought her to life. Wonderful card as always.

Steph said...

Wonderful card, your coloring is beyond amazing. wow!

Anja said...

Oh Amy, I really love how you´ve cropped and colored this sweet image. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us.
HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the best for 2013!
Hugs, Anja

Kimberly S said...

The image is so sweet, and that coloring...wow! Especially her eyes, just lovely. :) hugs, Kimberly

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is sooooooo darn CUTE!!! I soooo love it!!! I will have to go check out this company. Because of you you have introduced me to several new companies I now Love!!! Good luck on that challenge and I hope yall got to go to the movies too!!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, this is just the cutest card Amy! I love everything about it, especially your coloring :) That's for introducing me to these new stamps, I've already purchased some, lol! Hugs, Katie

JennyKozar said...

I just love your coloring! Great card.

Arlene K. said...

Just found your blog, I love the way you include the copic colour markers you used for each image as it helps us newbies to the world of copic markers, thanks so much and keep up the great work and videos of course.


Trina said...

I have been to Middle Earth; I'm sure that you'll love it once the weather permits... Hair coloring looks phenomenal!

Maria Therese said...

Wooooooooow stunning! Love your colouring!!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Wow wow and WOW! The coloring is AH-MAZING! (that's me singing it!) I am in love with her eyes (and every other thing on this card!)

Is said...

WOW Amy, the coloring in this one.. I'm out of words! GREAT job, thanks for sharing!
Hugs from Spain

Unknown said...

WOW! Gorgeous card!

Juls said...

fabulous and stylish card!! Just LOVE it!! Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

Very cute!! She looks lovely!