Sunday, December 9, 2012

A colorful Christmas

Olo!

Brrr! It is so cold here! You know it's time to bundle up when only a couple of degrees separate your low and high temps for the day. ;)
Which of course gives me a fantastic excuse to just cuddle up and get cozy in my crafty room. It feels like I'm saying this every other post but my desk is a serious disaster zone so if I want to get anything done that will have to be tackled first. Wish me luck!

I honestly didn't think that I would get a card made for this week's Double Take Tuesday challenge over at TGF because I couldn't see working a rainbow color scheme into a Christmas card. BUT yesterday I remembered this striped print in an old Cosmo Cricket paper pad and I had to give it a go. This Miss Anya Scarves was already stamped up and waiting so I grabbed her and knew it was a great match when I saw all the stripes in her scarf. The resulting rainbow of colors that I used on her outfit may make it look like Anya got dressed in the dark, LOL, but I prefer to think of her as being an off-beat and confident individual. ;)
So she has proudly braved the cold to load up the car with Christmas gifts and the all important tree. Now it's time to return home for a warm cup of cocoa. And isn't that car cool? I actually found it in my gift wrapping stash as it is a gift tag that I got in a pack from Costco years ago. Needless to say I quickly appropriated it for my card making instead. It really helped to pull this whole rainbow of a Christmas card together if you ask me. :)

Alrighty folks, I hope you get to enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll chat at ya again manana     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Cosmo Cricket (Jolly by Golly)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya Scarves), Paper Smooches (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox chestnut roan and cherry red
buttons
Costco car gift tag
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E31, E35, E57, E59
clothes- Y13, Y15, Y17, Y35, G000, G00, BG34, R21, R32, R35, R24, R29, E19, G02, BG18, G07, YG67, G29

17 comments:

Unknown said...

aww how fun this is Amy, and so colourful, I love those bright colours :) .. it is cold here as well and windy and raining too a bit :( Wishing you a lovely Sunday. Hugs xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

So colorful and bright - love the scarf and hat you colored up to match the striped paper. Stay warm. I have a craft table to get cleaned off too.

Unknown said...

Very nice card. I love the bright colors.

Leanne said...

Ha! This is awesome! Love the car and if you have the right elements anything is possible. Anya looks perfect!
Happy Sunday Amy!
PS: Please say hello to your mom from me. :)

gobeagirl said...

Amy I think this card ROCKS! I love Anya's scarf and hat. She just looks like a teenager that love herself some color for those cold winter days. Especially when you are headed out to pick that perfect tree. lol... Truly this card makes me smile. I love the car with it and the way you have incorperated the buttons into it as well. Great coloring as always my friend. You really are very talented as I can even see the shading on her scarf. I for one know mine would not have that much detail in it. We are cold like you as well. Yesterday wasn't too bad, but boy oh boy did I feel it this morning in our bedroom. It is just down right COLD! I managed to make 3 different cards yesterday, and now I have to clean my desk so that I can take the pictures and get onto my next project. :O) Never ending when it comes to the desk cleaning. lol.. Have a wonderful Sunday my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Julie D. Richards said...

She is so adorable. Nice to see a teen so confident with her colorful self. How perfect to have had that car tag. Perfect rainbow Christmas card.

I colored up all three of your Angels a number of times but haven't got in my room to make them into cards cause my desk is such a mess. As it's already the 9th I better do them today so I can get them photographed, mailed, and posted. Lol :-)

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. That image is soo cute.

Danni said...

This is super cute!! I giggled as yesterday when we went out we saw tons of cars with trees tied on top so this was the perfect card for today!! love how you got the rainbow in there!

Loz said...

love the car Amy - really gorgeous card :)

Tress said...

Amy, this card definitely has the Wow factor! The colors are amazing! Miss Anya Scarves certainly looks ready for the Holidays and a trip to the relatives!

Gloria Lee said...

Oh so cute.

Kelly Schelske said...

Super sweet Amy!

Heidi Brawley said...

ahhhhh.......perfect card for Miss Anya Scarf. It's very adorable and love the use of your car tag too!!!! Hope you had an Awesome weekend!!! hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Mette said...

Great card Amy. So bright and fun. As always I love visiting you for awesome inspiration :).

Hugs, Mette

riliska said...

It is very beautiful!!

Billie A said...

Love the bright colors. Love the felt tree, and the woodie, we had one when I was growing up.. boy does that age me.. Love your card.

RiNNE said...

Wow!! You are just the best at finding the perfect paper or embellishment for your cards!! I'd see something too and would set it aside but the. Wouldn't remember where I'd place it! Love the brightness