Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bugs & Kisses

Hello, hello!

I hope that everyone celebrating Christmas had a wonderful time yesterday. I enjoyed time spent with the family... it was mellow and relaxing and pretty darn great. As far as gifts go, I got some new TV series on DVD that I'm excited to dive into... Downton Abbey and Mad Men. I'm already LOVING Downton Abbey, we flew through season 1 and have just started season 2. Oh, and I finally made that Christmas Crack that I've been mentioning and I have to say that it was a huge hit! If you are looking for a sweet munchie to make for New Year's I give this recipe two thumbs way up. :)

So today's card is for the Sweet November December release review preview over at ATS. I chose to use one of the Love Bugs from the Love Bug Fun set and did some altering by simply cutting him off the candy heart that he sits on. This was an easy way to change up the look of the stamp and play with a different design for him. After all those Christmas cards these past couple months I couldn't resist pulling out some pretty spring looking papers to use with this li'l love bug... what a fun change of pace that was. It may not be traditional Valentine's colors but I think it works. 
Now be sure to skip on over to the ATS blog to see what my fellow teamies have made with the rest of the new December SN stamps

TTFN! 

    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Woodland Park)
stamps- Sweet November (Love Bugs Fun), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
seam binding ribbon
Sticko puffy heart stickers
Kaiser Craft gems
Papertrey Ink heart dies
Fiskars deco edge scissors
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E0000, E50, E30, R00, R20
everything else- R30, R32, R35, R37, T2, T4, T6, G000, G00, BG34, YG23, YG25, YG95

17 comments:

Tracey said...

This is adorable Amy!!

Stephanie said...

How cute! All the papers work great with the cutie bug:)

Lau W said...

Happy to hear your Christmas was fab ! :-)
Your card is cute, so adorable !
xxx

Nikki said...

Beautiful card as always and what an adorable bug :)

Leanne said...

Awwww adorable Amy! I love the paper choices it looks pretty valentiney to me. Cute!!!
So glad you had a wonderful Christmas and thanks for the recipe!
Enjoy your shows!
Have a great day!

Tina said...

so sweet card! Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

Glad to know you had a great Christmas. Your card is super cute! :)

Karla said...

This is adorable Amy!!

gobeagirl said...

Merry Christmas and Day after Amy. I am glad that you had a great day with the family and with your Mom as well. I think you all deserve to have the BEST what with everything you have all been through in 2012. Ok, let me get to this ADORABLE card! I think the colors are perfect for Valentine's day. He is so so sweet sitting on that heart. I (as always) love how you have colored him and his rosey little cheeks are just the bomb. :O) Are you getting snow? We started getting some yesteday morning and it has not stopped. I am happy to say that I am off until the 2nd and I am so so Thankfull. Not because of the snow so much, but just the down time with the family for sure. Have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card.

Juls said...

too cute!! Love everything about this card!! Hugs Juls

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable. I love the colors, so fun and cheery. Hope you are enjoying the holiday season.

Billie A said...

So darling and love that you cut a section off to use it for another theme. I love your colors also. You always know how to make stunning cards.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Amy, besides being over-the-top impressed with your Copic abilities and mad cardmaking skills, I am always in awe of your uncanny ability to take a stamp and make it your own with a few small twists. Love that:)

Linda said...

I really love the color choices, so refreshing!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This is Super Cute!!! I love how you can alter anything!!! love those puffy hearts on here too.
Have an Awesome day!
hugs,Heidi & Brooke

RiNNE said...

love the colors you chose...you, missy, are so brilliant at your card designs. love the mixtures of patterns and edges.