Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Peace on Earth

Hello, hello!

We didn't get any new snow yesterday thank goodness, though they are forecasting more to fall later tonight. Ugh, it may be pretty to look at but snow certainly makes going out and doing anything a total hassle. Like going to a movie... I was really hoping to see The Hobbit this weekend but considering I'd have to drive 45 minutes in good weather to get to the theater I'm not really motivated to make the drive now with all the snow. Moan and whine, LOL! I'll survive. ;)

I made my card today for the December SOG sketch challenge. Pretty miss Angel Gwen was already stamped and waiting on my desk so it was her turn to get colored up. I loved the muted tones of this Lost & Found Christmas paper and I wanted to give Gwen the same rich and elegant tones. The touches of gold, cream and deep red do the trick if you ask me. :)
I stayed very faithful to the original sketch because I liked how the layers of banners allowed for a bunch of different patterns to be added without really crowding the overall design. It doesn't show up great in the photo but the sentiment is stamped on a pretty, shimmery gold paper that helps tie all those prints together. And because I felt there was a lot going on in the papers I kept the embellishing to a minimum... just a single fancy brad was all it needed.

Alrighty, I'm gonna scoot and see what kind of trouble I can get myself into today.
Have a good one!      
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found Christmas)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Angel Gwen), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Colorbox dark brown
Making Memories brad
Gold Smooch
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R24, BV20
hair- E42, E44, E47, E49
eyes- E84, E87, G85
clothes- E81, E84, W0, W00, E40, E41, 0, R14, E07, E18

13 comments:

Mette said...

Beautiful Amy. Lovely papers, as always stunning coloring and love the brad.

Glad you are not snowed in just yet :).

Hugs, Mette

gobeagirl said...

Amy I love this card! I also really love those papers and I think that the sketch/your card is an awesome way to give dimmention and not overrun the whole card. Really, this is such a classy looking card. Very old school meets modern day kind of card. :O) Love it. Glad you didn't get more snow yet, but sad you can't go see your movie. :O( We had snow on Sunday, but the really really really strong wings blew is all away. (much to the dismay of Mitchell, lol) Fours days until Christams break and the poor kid is still holding out for a snow day. Anyway, now we are sitting at a balmy 29 degrees as our expected high today. Don't you just wish you lived over here? Have a great day and drive safe my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Juls said...

love this image, it looks fab teamed with the vintage style paper!! hugs Juls

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is BEATUTIFUL!!!! I love it!!! you colored up Gwen amazingly!!!! We don't really get snow here but I don't wish to have it either. We can see it up in the mountains and that's all the close I want to get to the white stuff. I know I could NOT drive in it! lol
Have an Awesome day and hope you get to see your movie soon!!!
hugs, HEidi & Brooke

Christine L said...

Such a fabulous card Amy.. I love your colouring!! Found your blog via Color me Copic... thank you for your wonderful tutorials!!

Hugs
Christine x

Julie D. Richards said...

Wonderful card Amy. I love Gwen. I still don't have any SOG images yet but I'm gonna have to get some. As I said in an earlier comment, I colored a number of your Sweet November angels but they didn't make it onto cards. My 82 year old father is back in the hospital and not doing well. Christmas cards had to go on the back burner.

Unknown said...

So beautiful card!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is lovely.

Nikki said...

Love how you've done this is a fantastic layout :) love the brad hugs Nikki C

Sara I. said...

Absolutely stunning! Love those papers and the fabulous way you colored her. Especially lovin' her red lips - gorgeous! xx

RiNNE said...

Gorgeous coloring!! She's regal and elegant and she matches those papers perfectly!

~* steph :) *~ said...

just beautiful, amy! thanks for sharing!

Leanne said...

Oh!!! This is beautiful Amy! Captured that elegant look to perfection!
:)