Wednesday, December 19, 2012

With all my love

Hey there!

I'm taking a break from the Christmas cards today to join in the review preview over at ATS. So I've shifted gears to Valentine's Day with Sweets by Mashi's Muffins. Something about this saucy little gal kind of reminded me of Betty Boop thus the black hair. But since there was so much red going on in the papers behind her I ditched the traditional red dress for a pretty purple instead. Speaking of those papers behind her, they are actually the cover sheet that came with the paper collection so all I had to do was cut it into three pieces and stack them and voila! Considering I can't bring myself to throw those packaging sheets away, I always enjoy using one up completely. Oh! And that Valentine that I tucked into Sweets' hand along with her box of chocolates was also cut out from the cover sheet... love that! :)

Okey dokey, there are loads of fab review preview cards to inspire over on the ATS blog today so be sure to check that out. And all of the new December stamps are available in the ATS store

Toodles!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Heart Struck)
stamps- Mashi's Muffins (Sweets), Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Prima old road
ribbon
Prima flowers
Making Memories enamel rose
glitter brads
heart stick pins
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R59, BV23
hair- C5, C7, C9, B29
eyes- E57, E59, BG000, 0
clothes- RV63, RV66, RV69, R24, R27, E19

13 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Yep, she is reminiscent of Betty Boop. I love it when I can use paper others might toss. A couple years ago my dad even brought me home textured paper from egg packaging from the restaurant. It had three different patterns embossed on it.

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! Awesome Valentine card!!! Your coloring is Superb and I love your use of the cover of the papers!!!! Well a city just north of Tucson actually has NO school due to a Snow Day!! I Know Hard to Believe huh?!?!? lol Well not the kids in Tucson!! lots of rain for us. Brooke still has school but probably won't be outside at all. She has a winter performance tomorrow that her dad and I will be attending. So I get a short work day tomorrow too! Looking forward to it!! whoot whoot! Tomorrow is last day of school till next year too! Brooke is looking forward to it!!! I wrapped up Brooke's gifts over the past weekend and Brooke said last night "Looks like Santa already came here!" It is mainly a bunch of DVDs all wrapped up separately in different size boxes! A couple Webkinz and a tee from Justice! Santa is bringing her Justin Bieber Girlfriend perfume and a Big Wheel! Those gifts don't get wrapped up! Santa has NO time to wrap!!! lol lol
Have an Awesome day doll!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Tress said...

She's so sweet! I'm totally loving her hair! The touches of blue give such depth to the black. A perfectly adorable Valentine!

Mette said...

AWESOME Amy. This is such a fabulous card and makes me smile :). Love the colours, elements and adorable image.

Hugs, Mette

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I so love this card and the way that you have colored her hair. She is sweet and sassy! I think her big brown eyes are just perfect with her black hair as well. I think this whole card just screams ADORABLE! I really have to mention how much I love your little flowers along with the stip pens and ribbon in the corner. What a great idea. I loved Betty Boop as a little girl and Madison has loved her forever as well. I guess you might say "Like Mother like Dauther." lol We got a lot of snow today and it was blowing so hard that it was snowing sideways. I am wondering what it's going to be like in the morning for our ride to work and school. :O) Have a wonderful evening. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

So nice!

RiNNE said...

This makes me grin from ear to ear! I think this is how I'd look in a tight little dress but instead of insecurity, I would feel so confident! Not only do you have the rolls right :), you've also got the curves as well! So she looks über sexy, Amy, even if she's not your typical model-type! Love your up cycling! That background and those details are terrific! I just got this stamp the other day and now I'm super excited!!

Christine L said...

Oooh just what we'd all like to look like!! I love your fab card.. your colouring and DPs are so gorgeous... and I hope that image is going to come out in digi form soon!!

Hugs
Christine x

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a fabulous card, amy! love the mix of designers papers. just perfect for valentine's day! wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Happy New Year! *hugs* and much aloha to you, steph :)

Leanne said...

Pure genius is what you are! Love all the layers. I'll need to remember to save those, they really are pretty handy. She's really va-va-voom! Looks gorgeous in her purple dress. Fun card Amy!
:)

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

You made Betty Boop proud! Great card:)

Juls said...

too funny!!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

RiNNE said...

PS. Lemme know if you're planning on selling this, Amy!