Monday, December 17, 2012

Merry, merry...

Hello again! 

Well, I didn't get around to making the Christmas Crack yesterday but I did bake some yummy beer bread that is quite delish with strawberry freezer jam. There is just something about warm bread baking while it's cold and snowing that feels really comforting. Guess I'll have to try my hand at the snack mix this coming weekend. :)

No surprise that I've got another Christmas card to share today. I finally inked up this wonderful Nellie Snellen stamp called Hokey Pokey Dawn. I love these images but the intricacy can sometimes steer me away from them when I'm running short on coloring time. Luckily, I had plenty of time to finally enjoy getting this sweetie on a card. The papers I found to go with Dawn are just a random mix from my scrap bag that I think give this a kind of outdoorsy feel. Love using up more scraps... that's always a bonus. 

Ok, seeing as I'm gonna have to dig out the car if I'm going to get anywhere today I should wrap this one up. TTYL!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (trees), Making Memories (stripe), Crate (woodgrain)
stamps- Nellie Snellen (Dawn Hokey Pokey), Studio Calico (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox chestnut roan, Tim Holtz festive berries and fired brick distress
Studio Calico wood veneer stars
ribbon
Prima flowers
glitter brads
Gold Smooch
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E30, E31, E33, E35, E39
clothes- R37, R59, E19, YG00, YG03, YG17, YG67, G29, E81, 0, Y13, Y21
background- BG0000, B01

10 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it all!!! Fantastic Christmas card!!! Yum the bread sounds ohhh so good!!!! Good luck with that snow!!! Have an Awesome day doll!
hugs,Heidi & Brooke

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, this is really adorable! She looks like such a Happy Little Christmas sprite. I love her little snowflakes coming out of her headband and the way you have colored her skirt is fantastic! You always do such a wonderful job! It also looks like you put a little bit of stickles or glitter around your circle. I love how that looks. Very very sweet Christmas card. Have an awesome day and drive safe. Hugs, Lisa

Lau W said...

Oh so lovely card ! Always sonice papers and so nice colouring !
xxx

Marianne said...

These Nellie Snellen images are really cute, aren't they. Love the happy colours on your card, Amy. Good luck with the snow in your part of the world. We had a lovely warmish day over here. Only switched on the heating around 6 pm, because it was getting a little chilly inside LOL.
Marianne x

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card.

Julie D. Richards said...

She is so cute. Love her socks. Very pretty Christmas card. I used to bake bread twice a week all year long, now I just do it for Holidays, or if I'm extra hungry for it, lol. Stay warm and safe.

Juls said...

so cute!! Love it!! hugs Juls xx

Betsy said...

Oh my, I just LOVE that stamp! She's so adorable!! Such a happy card!

RiNNE said...

So pretty! What a lovely image! I adore her skirt!!

Leanne said...

Love it!! The colors are gorgeous and the papers are always placed perfectly! you are the paper fairy!! :) That is a really adorable image too.
:)