Saturday, December 22, 2012

Greetings of the season

Wow!

I'm so glad that the world didn't end yesterday... it would have put a total cramp in my holiday plans, LOL! Though it did snow all day and it is expected to keep snowing all weekend so in a way I feel like I'm dealing with my very own winter Armageddon... is that too melodramatic? ;)

As I was making this card yesterday, and cleaning up my desk a bit as I'm trying to stay more on top of that, it dawned on me that I only have two more Christmas cards to make before the season ends this year... crazy! Two cards and it will be time for me to put away my Christmas embellies, papers and stamps until next year rolls around, I can hardly believe it. Now to figure out which two stamps will have a shot at getting on cards this year... the pressure! 
This Lili of the Valley Christmas Robins stamp is actually another one that has been sitting on my desk for a couple of years waiting. It finally became the perfect time to color it up because I wanted to make a special card for my aunt who loves birds. Now I just have to brave the roads to give it to her along with her Christmas present. :)

I hope that everyone is having a great last weekend before the big celebration. I'll be working today and it should be busy, busy, busy which helps the day speed along. 
Toodles!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Making Memories (Believe)
stamps- Lili of the Valley (Christmas Robins), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Ranger Icicle stickles
crinkled ribbon
stick pins
EK Success border punch
Gold Smooch
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
birds- T1, T3, T5, T7, E40, E42, E43, 0
everything else- E31, E34, E35, G07, G29, G43, G46, G28, R46, R59, E18, G0000, B0000, E87, Y13

11 comments:

Juls said...

fabby!! Loving the combo of the polka dots!! Hugs Juls

Leanne said...

Super cute Amy! Love the paper combo with the sweet image.
Lucky! I still have quite a lot to do so starting early and working late for moi. Have a terrific day!! :)

Betsy said...

That stamp is adorable ~ love those little birds!
Merry Christmas to you!

Rhonda Miller said...

Love this. That image is so sweet.

yvon said...

Love the cute image.
Well, no white Christmas in Holland, only rain. But, we will make the best of it (lol)
Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hugs, Yvon

Mette said...

No white Christmas in the UK yet. It's rain, rain and rain together with flood alert everywhere :(.
Beautiful card and such a cute image. Love the ribbon and pins.

Hugs, Mette

Danni said...

This is sweet! What a darling image!

Nikki said...

Your cards are always amazing to look at and so inspiring :)
hugs Nikki C

Heidi Brawley said...

awe this is Gorgeous!!! Your Aunt is going to Love it!!! I know I do!!! Have an Awesome weekend doll!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Hope your surviving the winter snow storms! Wonderful card:)

RiNNE said...

Very sweet and darling!