Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy Holidays

Olo!

We got a little bit of snow yesterday and they are forecasting more tonight so I'm using the weather break to do some shopping in town before possibly getting snowed in. It's going to be a total girl's day with my mom and sisters so it should be fun. :)

Quickly, before I head out, I've got a card to share using the Winter Wryn digi stamp from Tiddly Inks. Something about Wryn in her stylin' Santa hat was just super sweet. So when I was flipping through the Make It Merry paper pad and found these super sweet candy canes I had to pair the two together. Plus, the pink was a nice change up to the holiday cards that I've been making. I don't know how noticeable it's been but the last few weeks I've been experimenting a bit and changing up my approach with coloring faces on images that don't have noses. It's a subtle shadow between the eyes and I'm hoping to possibly make a video for it tomorrow. Wish me luck... and time, LOL! ;)

Ok, time to shower and get ready for the big shopping day.
Laters!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Make It Merry)
digi stamp- Tiddly Inks (Winter Wryn)
stamp- We R Memorykeepers (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
October Afternoon Holiday Style chipboard buttons
Making Memories poinsettias
brads
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart border punch
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E74, E77, E79, E49
clothes- E81, W00, R11, R12, R32, R35, R24, R27, E09, YG23, YG25, YG67, E55, E35

18 comments:

SannaS said...

woooow!!! love this card!! so subtle in pink...BEAUTIFUL!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is SUPER CUTE!!!! I love pink on Christmas cards!! lol Well probably ANY card since it's my FAVE color!!! love those pink pearls too!!! HAve an Awesome day!!! tell your mom HI from Brooke & I!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Mette said...

Super cute Amy. Love the papers and little embellishments. And you are so right... Wryn is gorgeous.

Hugs, Mette

Marianne said...

You're right Amy. The cute image and papers are a perfect match. Love the pink and green colour combo and those button are great, too!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Marianne x

Julie D. Richards said...

Love the color combos, nice change up for the holidays.

Leanne said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!!! Look at all the pretty details. Gorgeous card Amy! Happy shopping with the girls. Please say hello to your mom. ;)

Tress said...

Oh Amy! This card is fantastic! The cutest you've made this season! Love your coloring of her and the use of the pink! Have fun shopping!!

Tina said...

so adorable!

kim.scrapper said...

Wow, this card is awesome and that image is adorable. I hope your girls day was fun!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so sweet.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Amy--your never ending talent blows me away every post! I love the subtle shadow and can't wait to see this video because I always struggle how to do no noses (like Magnolia). I love the pink in this card! But darn you for making me have to go buy practically every stamp you use! First SOG, then Lili of the Valley, than Sugar Nellie and now Tiddly Inks;)

Danni said...

Super cute!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Ahhhh....so cute! I love the subtle shading on her face. You've done a fabulous job with that and I will look forward to your video. My first attempt at adding a nose was kinda pitiful! Got your Christmas card today - beautiful as always.

Tina said...

I had noticed that you've been adding the nose shadows. Oh, I hope you get the opportunity to do a video. I love this card; Wryn is one of my fave images. Hugs, Tina

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just too cute! I love how you have colored little Wryn and the papers that you used with her. I am really loving the look of the chipboard buttons. That is awesome looking. I have never seen them in person, but I think that is really really a great idea and look. :O) I hope that you, your mom and sisters all had a wonderful shopping girls day out yesterday. Sounds like a ton of fun! Have a wonderful Friday. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card! Love the image and papers.

RiNNE said...

I just love your coloring, no matter what you do ;). The papers are perfect for her and I adore the embellies too!! Great to hear you're having a girls' day with your mom and sis!

Juls said...

she is gorgeous!! Love your card!! Hugs Juls