Saturday, December 29, 2012

My heart smiles

Hidee ho!

I think that I was more tired than anything else yesterday so a bit of a sleep in did me good. No signs of that nasty cold taking me down any time soon. So far there aren't any signs of new snow falling today so I'm thinkin' I'll take advantage of my first Saturday off in months to finally go see The Hobbit.

As for my card, I'm not sure if I've inked up this Sweetheart Gorjuss Girl before or not but she was looking pretty cute so here she is. At first I didn't have much of a direction for the rest of the card but when I pulled out the 5th & Frolic paper pad and decided on this pink sheet with the cross stitch hearts everything else started to fall into place. The cool embroidery hoop stamps are new and I couldn't wait to give them a go. I have some pretty fond memories of my mom cross stitching all the time when I was little  so whenever I see Aida cloth and needlework I think of her and my heart does smile. :)

Alrighty time for me to go get my hobbit on, LOL!
Laters!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Dear Lizzy (5th & Frolic)
stamps- Santoro (SweetHeart Gorjuss Girl), Papertrey Ink (stitched sentiments)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Tim Holtz twig, Colorbox creamy brown
Papertrey Ink embroidery hoop die
buttons
Kaiser Craft pearls
ribbon
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E21, E23, E27, E29
clothes- Y11, Y32, Y35, R83, R56, E40, 0, BG70, BG72, YG21, YG23

14 comments:

Nikki said...

This is just so cute love the way you create your cards :) hugs Nikki C

Leanne said...

Awww very sweet. She is a cutie and the hoop is a nice touch.
Enjoy watching the Hobbit
;)

Mette said...

Super sweet card Amy. Love Gorjuss - they are so cute.
I am sure you will enjoy the Hobbit - my son says it's AWESOME.

Hugs, Mette

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Beautifully coloured image and such a sweet card!

Aluap said...

Beautiful card! It's so cute :)

Heidi Brawley said...

AWWE this is sooooo Adorable!!!! love it all! Have fun at the movies!!!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Betsy said...

So cute! I do cross-stitch, so I'd love to get this set!
I found the stamps on the PTI website, but I can't find the embroidery hoop die. What is the actual name of the die? I searched for embroidery hoop die with no luck.

Juls said...

wow this is gorgeous!! Love all he cross stitch details!! Hugs Juls

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Just wonderful! This lil girl is adorable and I love how you always add so much life to your images with your magic Copic hands! Cute PTI hoop stamp.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is lovely.

Billie A said...

Stunning. wonderful image and great papers to showcase her. Love this.

Linda said...

very cute card! It definitely made my heart smile!!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card! Wow what I have been missing out on not blog visiting for so long..

RiNNE said...

ok, i was commenting from my phone earlier and now i'm on my desktop. have you made your photos bigger in your posts? if so, yess!!! more eye candy for us...the details are just wonderful especially those from your coloring!