Monday, January 9, 2017

Brimming over...

Good morning friends! 

It snowed all day yesterday so once again we are up to our knees in the white stuff. I'm definitely going to be out there with the shovel at some point. Sigh... I'm really kinda over winter already, I either need to take a tropical vacation or pray for an early spring.  ;)

I made today's card for this week's MFT sketch challenge. The simple layout really spoke to me and I thought it would be fun to take the tea cups from the Tea Party die set and stack them up for the vertical element in the sketch. Once that was done I couldn't resist adding a sweet little hedgehog from the Happy Hedgehogs set to the top cup because he looked like he was brimming over with happiness just like the sentiment says. I went with the pink/orange/yellow combo because it is bright and cheery and one of my happiest color combos. 

Alrighty, time for me to bundle up and head out into the cold and snow. Stay warm everybody!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts
stamps- My Favorite Things (Happy Hedgehogs set and Cup of Tea set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa
My Favorite Things Tea Party die set
Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die
Doodlebug sprinkles
Copic markers:
hedgehog- E30, E31, E34, E57, E47, R11
teacups- B0000, C0, C00, 0, Y06, Y15, Y17, RV13, RV14, R35, RV21, RV13, Y35, Y38, YR04


2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg this is Adorable ♡♡♡♡♡
Great take on the sketch too!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Tracey Ann said...

Amy!! Sitting here smiling... love what you created, and those colors are a beautiful sight for winter filled eyes. That hedgehog! Love this... and, I'm right there with you, wishing for an early spring!