Monday, January 23, 2017

Your own fairytale...

Hi there!

So sorry for my lack of post on Friday, computer issues have been plaguing me since the middle of last week and I couldn't get connected to the internet. Blerg, it's such an inconvenience when your tech decides to act up. Anywho... things seem to be in working order for the moment so I can finally share this card that I made for the current MFT sketch challenge. This time around I grabbed the totes adorbs Magical Unicorn stamp set to be the star of the show and I was inspired by the Artistic Expression post by Jane Allen to play around with some no-line coloring. I've only tried my hand at no-line coloring a couple of times but Jane is so inspiring that she has me wanting to get more confident with the technique. The lightest Momento ink I have on hand is Desert Sand so that's what I used for stamping the images. I've still got a long ways to go but I'm pretty happy with how this little unicorn and her castle in the clouds turned out.

Ok, back to work I go. Have a great week everybody!  :)     
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
paper- We R Memory Keepers (72 and Sunny)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Magical Unicorns set)
ink- Memento desert sand and Studio Calico mint hint
Pink Fresh Studio washi tape
Simon Says Stamp stitched circle die
My Favorite Things flat bottom cloud dies
Kaiser Craft pearls
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
unicorn- E50, E51, E53, E55, 0, R000, R11
mane/tail- R00, R12, R32, R35
horn/hooves- Y02, Y04, Y21, Y26
castle- W0, W1, W3, W6, Y02, Y21, Y26, E40, E42, E43, R12, R32, R35

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Happy Monday!!!! This is soooo Super Duper CUUUUUTE!!!! Love the softness of this!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Awwwwww, so sweet.

Bev said...

Awesome coloring!!!

Tracey Ann said...

What a darling card... those soft colors added to the no line coloring creates such a dreamy scene. LOVE that sweet unicorn, and the castle up in the clouds. And glad to hear you're up and running again! :)

Tracey Ann said...

And... your postings of late have introduced me to a new friend. The Urban Dictionary! Lol... :)