Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hello sunshine!

Wheeeeewww... did you hear that? Yep, it was me breathing a huge sigh of relief. :)

It was a stressful week but I managed to complete everything I needed to get done and now I can enjoy the weekend. Yeah! Do I have big plans? Heck no. I'm just gonna chill and relax here at home and let the snow continue to fall all around me... well, and make some cards too. ;)
Though I really need to clean the crafty room because it totally looks like a tornado ran through there, oy!
Boy is that the story of my life... jumping from project to project, leaving a path of 'organized' chaos in my wake.Ok, I'm probably being a bit generous with the 'organized' part of that description but denial ain't just a river in Egypt my friends. ;)

So after a hectic day I tried to do my part to leave the crafty room a little less messy than I found it by using up some more of that Basic Grey card kit. And again this one doesn't follow their recipe because I just had to put my own spin on it so I could fit little Sake on there. She's another Ketto stamp that I've had since this summer and she let me know it was her turn to see ink. :) Hey, she was super quick to color and that was exactly what I needed today especially when I was also looking for something to fit this week's Diedrich Dare inspiration. It's a little make up set with some Asian flair to it so miss Sake was perfect! Oh and I'm still lovin' that PTI cardstock too... ;)

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
Supply list:
cardstock- Paper Trey Ink
card base, die-cuts (Basic Grey Lemonade card kit)
stamps- Stamping Bella (Sake Ketto), Basic Grey (LE set 4 hello)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink, Tim Holtz Distress ink antique linen and worn lipstick
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic Spica clear and pitch black glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, R20, B00
hair- C3, C5,C7, C9, B18
dress- BG10, BG11, BG01, RV10, Rv34, RV19, RV69
shadow- BG000

34 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Good morning Amy. I am sooo happy for you that you got all of your stuff done. Put your feet up and relax....lol..for a little while anyway. This card is adorable. I love the paper and how you put it together. Little miss sunshine is too cute. Have a great Saturday, I am off to work. Hugs, Lisa

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Amy...Love this Happy little card!

Anonymous said...

I love the bright colors Amy, I love all your creations &and altering !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

♥Rach♥ said...

CUTE!!!! LOVE the colors as always and the flower embellies and stamp all just "flow" so well, fantastic card!

Sandra MacLean said...

Amy, this is a perfect take on this week's Diedrich Dare challenge! You make card making look easy! :)

Angela said...

Another sweet card Amy!! I wish is could ever get a card done fast!! Not in my house!! Amy, I just love coming to your blog everyday and seeing what youy have created next!! I am hoping my new Wild Sprouts come today so I can ink them up and play!! Have a great weekend!!
Hugs,
Angela

MarkerGeek said...

Soooo gorgeous! Love the colours Amy!

Unknown said...

Amy, I declare, your cards are so beautiful I don't know what to say. I love just staring at them. So thanks for sharing your beautiful gifts!

Leah l'Orange said...

oooohhhh!
yeah, i'm a BIG ketto fan, and she's TOO CUTE. love those colours, girlie! and i have yet to play with the PTI cardstock, but i'm on the quest for the perfect stuff, so maybe i'll hunt some down and give it a whirl!

your package arrived - did i mention that? I LOVE CHANTER!! already inked her up last night, but need to find some time to CREATE! :) thank you again, lovely girl!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Awww, what an adorable lil Ketto! Love these colors and papers! Such a bright and cheery card! Love it :)

Have a fab weekend! ~ margie

crafty amy said...

Hiya it is snowing here too and I badly need to tidy I started earlier but then found some thing that inspired me and got side tracked lol

This is very cute I love that colour combo and go you using the bacis grey kit to the full :D

Amy xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

Ah, it's beautiful Amy! The colours are fab x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is so cute! I love the cheerful colours and pretty flowers.

RiNNE said...

Denial...river in Egypt-- LOL! You are hilarious! Awesome card- the colors are great and Sake Ketto is my favorite! Glad you've finished your to-do list. Hope you get to enjoy your days off!

kris said...

Gorgeously fun!!! Awesome colors and great take using the asian part of the pix as your inspiration... Fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at the Diedrich Dare!! hugs, Kris

Sparkplug17 said...

Just darling! My craft room is about the same right now...lol.

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cute, fun card! love the vivid colors and all the flowers :). thanks for sharing :)!

Shirley N said...

Such an adorable card. I have this image,too, and you have inspired me to ink it up. You have such a way with flowers--your layouts are always so bright, cheerful and so beautiful!

1LuvnMama said...

Sake Ketto is amazing! I luv these little characters! :) I'm just so in awe of your cards Amy . . . you INSPIRE! Thanks and have a Happy Saturday to relax!

Juls said...

just stunning! such a bright cheerful and happy card! Hugs Juls

Sammi said...

ooh.. she is so sweet! this card looks AWESOME - love the brightness! xxx

Kellie said...

Glad to hear you got everything done that you needed to do Amy so you can relax and make beautiful creations to share with us! I always have to rush over when I see in my dashboard your name and this is just to cute! The way you have used the very small image is just amazing and I LOVE your colouring!
Hugs Kel xx

Alice said...

YAY! for PTI cardstock!! LOVE your Sake card! i've been eyeing those yummies for a loooooong time, maybe it's time to get them!! =)

Tracey said...

AMY!!!! I think this might be my all time FAVORITE of yours ...oh I LOVE it soooooo much!!!

Leanne said...

Love Sake! Love the card! going to start using those more.. Enjoy the rest of the weekend..

donna mikasa said...

It's time to check out those Ketto kiddies! Sake is so kawaii! Actually, the whole card is....love this!

Tammi said...

Bright and pretty and loved the two colors in the sentiment, fabulous card!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Very cheerful. Love the bright colors. As usual another adorable card.

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! What an awesome take on my sadly neglected makeup kit...haven't worn any all week, LOL! LOVE this Amy!

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! I am working my way backwards through my Reader so I am a little late getting here - but you sure put a big smile on my face!! I really love this sweet card! :-)Traci

Randi said...

SO cute Amy!! Love this Ketto!! Your colors and elements are so perfect!! Thanks for rockin the Diedrich Dare this week!! I LOVE your contributions!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy I love this card its so flashy and fun! Beth

Mary Giles said...

How adorable...you know...I have a couple of those basic grey card kits and I love your idea of incorporating your own stamps.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous!!! I LOVE the feel to this card and every detail is perfect!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Diedrich dare!! :D