Friday, January 22, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Amy Gould

Good morning friends!

Welcome to another day of Sweet November goodness. And if you haven't guessed yet... today's cards are a bit of a sneaky sneak peek of one of the stamps coming out in the February release, but this new winged friend will have her day soon enough. Right now we are shining the spotlight on a wonderful gal who has been a huge supporter of Sweet November Stamps from practically before it was even begun! :)

Please give a warm welcome to February's Guest Gal, Amy Gould!
Amy's style has a whimsy and charm that makes me smile every time I visit her blog. She has a great sense of color and that combined with the clean lines of her card layouts really let her beautifully colored images be the star of the show. :)
Not only that but she has a creative, outside the box way of using her stamps in cool and unexpected ways... like some pretty amazing jewelry that I just adore, amongst other things!

Now let's see how Amy answered the Sweet November quiz... :)

1. What color do you feel represents your personality and why?

I would probably have to say purple as I think there is a little bit of mystery in it, just on the edges of the shadows and I am quite shy until I get to know people. I would rather be behind the scenes than centre stage.

2. Is your style of dress/home decor similar to your style of card making?

It would be if I had the choice but sadly at the moment I am renting so can not change too much. When I was still living at my parents I re did my bedroom a few times and I like quirky little things and art on the walls to inspire me.

3. What one thing always puts you in a good mood?

Music. I know that it can also help you cry if you need to but there are so many songs that bring back good memories and I only need to hear the first bar and I want to dance no matter what mood I am in.

4. If you could visit any time in history when would it be?

Ooooh good question... I would love to have been around in Victorian times as long as I wasn't in a poor house that is! I love the look of the clothes.

5. If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll, etc., what kind would you be and why?

I would have to be a fairy. I would love to be able to fly and to be all sparkly (as we all know every fairy sparkles).

Bonus question
6. If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?

Now this is a tough one... I think it would have to be Emma Pillsbury. For those of you who don't know, she is a teacher at the school who loves the guy who teaches Glee club. I think Schuester is brilliant just like she does and am a bit quirky (though I hope not to her extreme) and like I said before I am happier in the background than centre stage.

Fabulous answers Amy!


Now it's time to share how Amy's gorgeous card inspired mine today. I really liked the monochromatic background that she used behind Ginger... there is a bit of pattern to it but not enough to detract from her sweet fairy. So I decided to break out the Bug and emboss my cardstock background, it also qualifies me for this week's Flutter By embossing challenge so I'll be entering into that as well. I also loved how she used the sentiment box as a place for Ginger to rest on so I just had to do the same. There was every intention of stopping there to keep it a clean, crisp design but I couldn't resist the pull of my flowers and fussing things up a bit... I swear I tried though, LOL! :)

Now I would love for you to head on over to Amy's blog and see what she's been working her magic on lately!
Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check back tomorrow for the first of four Sweet November sneak peek/candy give-aways. See ya then! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
paper- Sweetwater (pink), K&Co (purple floral), Basic Grey (brown)
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Ginger Fairy), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, rich cocoa and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers and leaves
Making Memories brads
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, R85, YG93
eyes- G14
hair- RV000, RV00, RV02
dress- G0000, G000, G00
wings- B0000, B000

19 comments:

Marley said...

Liked it to read the questions and your answers! The cards are looking beautifull!

gobeagirl said...

Wow, I like both cards. You both are very talented and bring so much out in your cards. You know that I really love your style, and I am really enjoying see these other ladies and reading how they have affected you.Love the questions. They really are very fun. Have a great Friday, Lisa

kris said...

Marvelous inspiration!!! both cards are beautiful!!! LOVE the embossing you've done on yours! Thanks for joining us at Flutter by!! hugs!

donna mikasa said...

Two Amys and two gorgeous cards! Have a great weekend...

Tammi said...

Both pretty, love that pink hair and your added flowers!

Leah l'Orange said...

LOVELY, simple image! she looks like a lot of fun to colour!

gorgeous cards, Amys! :D

Claireabelle said...

Two fabulous cards gal's.

Off to have a wander round Amy's blog :o)
x

♥Rach♥ said...

Both are really gorgeous!

Danni said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

1LuvnMama said...

Gorgeous Amy! :) Have a great weekend sweetie!

Sammi said...

Great spotlight! and TWO awesome cards!! Love them! Ginger is adorable!!
xxx

Alice said...

i love those questions that you made up for this, Amy!! both cards are so beautiful, Amys! =) Ginger is so pretty!

RiNNE said...

Beautiful cards, ladies! So fun reading Amy G's answers! Especially about Glee, hehe!

Unknown said...

Super duper cute fairy! Awesome cards! Thanks for sharing, Amy!

WickedPixie said...

Amy G - I love reading your answers to the questions and getting to know you a bit more! You made such a sweet card and it is so awesome that you are my teammate this month!! :-)Traci

Kimberly S said...

Lovely faerie cards, such a sweet image! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday. :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG so far I want them all!! Cant wait for next sneaky peak.
Kristy x

Brandi said...

I love the cards and the fairy's are gorgeous! :)

Nancy said...

Fantastic fairy cards!!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!