Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bleep, bloop, bleep. Translation...

time for another Cupcake Inspiration challenge!

Sorry I have to squeeze this post in between all the candy fun, but this week's CIC challenge is a total blast and deserved its own time to shine. :)
If you've been looking for some motivation to make that perfect boy card just check out the cool inspiration Rachel has found . Don'tcha just love that cutie robot? It was the perfect excuse to pull out this 'build-a-bot' stamp set that I've had for months yet had left totally unloved... tsk, tsk.
Once I put him together I thought he needed a friend and Space Ian was the perfect choice. They make quite the pair if I do say so myself! :)

We would love to have you play along this week! Make sure to add a direct link to your NEW creation via the Mr Linky on Rachel's blog by Saturday, Jan 30th at 9 pm MT. If you upload to a public gallery like SCS or PCP make sure to use keyword CIC43 so we can easily find you. Remember, no cupcake stamps are required. Rachel will post the Top 5 next Sunday!

And don't miss what Rachel and the rest of her sweeties have created:

~Colleen, ~Rachel, ~Teresa

Ok, see you back here in just a bit with today's Sweet November candy! :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Adorn It Carolee's Creations
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Space Ian) Stampendous (spotz n botz), Sandylion (ships and planet), October Afternoon (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Copic markers:
Ian skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, Y21, Y23
suit- R05, R08, E09, C00, C0, C1, C5, C7, C9, 100

robot- R05, E09, C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, Y000, B00, B000, G00

ships- Y06, Y08, YG21, YG23, YG25, BG0000, BG000, R05, R08, E09, 100, C1, C00

planet- YG13, YG17, YG67, B24, B26

31 comments:

Ganty said...

The card came out super cute! Those build a robot stamps are so much fun!

Maria Therese said...

love your cute space card!

Saskia said...

Great card!

Bliep, bliep,
Saskia :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG how cool is this card!! My son would love this card!
Kristy x

Marley said...

Wow..I love your space card! Perfect boy card.. its stunning! those robots, planet and ships are really bringing the card to life!! big hugs Marley

☼ Cheryl* said...

Oh Amy!!! Thats fab! I always struggle with boy cards.

♥Rach♥ said...

OMG how stinkin' cute!!! Love the combo of paper and stamps and stuff, its' really all just perfect. Fantastic boy/guy card, I love it!

Claireabelle said...

Amy you cards ALWAYS amaze me!!! This is just totally brilliant!
xx

fairie said...

Tehehe...Amy, they all go great together. Its super cute. How were you able to create the moon??

xoxo

RiNNE said...

Awwww, I am SOO in LOVE with this card... I mean, how PERFECT is that moon and robot and ships with Space Ian?! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Your talent is outta this world ;D.

Crystal_235 said...

I love this card!

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cute card! love seeing cards that one can make for a boy...i have a hard time with those ;p'. so cute!! thanks for sharing :)!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, This is such a great boy card. What a wonderful little robot! He did indeed need a friend, but what is his name? I know you gave him one.....lol...Love the colors of this card. Lisa

Tammi said...

Fun and cute, wonderful scene you created!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Too too cute! I love the way you created the moon and the surrounding scenery!
TFS! hugs,
margie

Rachel said...

super card!!! my son is very fond of the cosmos!!:)

kris said...

OMGosh this is cute!!! LOVE everything about this card!! the add elements, the coloring of Ian... everything!!! well done friend!! he's a cutie! hugs!!

Shirley N said...

What a fun card! It would be so great for a young boy. Thanks for the inspiration Amy, love this!

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the image! Hugs,moni

Teresa Kline said...

perfect card for today's cupcake, very cute....have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this one will have me smiling all day!! This is my favorite kind of card - mixing companies to make a wonderful scene! I totally adore it!! :-)Traci

Angie said...

OMGoodness, I love this. I don't think Space Ian has EVER looked so cute!

Jenn Borjeson said...

OMG - this is ADORABLE! LOVE IT!

Sammi said...

LOL... this is so sweet!!
xxx

Kerry said...

How cute, Amy! Thanks for the inspiration, I haven't ink up the Space Ian for a while.

Angela said...

Oh AMy!! THis is just a wonderful boy card!! I love how you used different stamp company's to create your scene!! I just love this and I bet my son would too!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Juls said...

so so cute!! perfect for the boys! Hugs Juls

donna mikasa said...

Fun, fun, fun! Any little boy would love this--even big boys!

Alice said...

this is too stinking cute, Amy!! Love love love this!!

Paula Laird said...

So cute! Love everything about this card!

Ελευθερία said...

lovely boy card!!!lovely colouring!!!