Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sweater weather

Hola chicas!
How you doin'? (that's my Joey from Friends impersonation, LOL)

So my trip to town was good. Target was a bust but it usually is when it comes to their paper crafting aisle... ours never has the good stuff I'm always reading about. :(
Though I did score at Craft Warehouse. They were having a dollar days sale this weekend and I found a bunch of the Kaiser Craft gems and pearls that I LOVE and use constantly all just a buck a piece... sweet! I also couldn't resist some of the new Valentine's and Easter dollar stamps since they've been working out pretty well for sentiments on my holiday cards. All and all it was a fun day out. :)

So my card today uses Sweater Anya, she's one of two digi stamps that Marie made as a Christmas gift for the DT. I'm super grateful to have been given such a gift... I mean look at this cutie with those smilie eyes that I love so much (Ian has them too and is just as cute). But because I love them both so much I'm hoping, pleading, praying and begging that she will consider making them rubber and available to everyone before next winter. For me a stamp just is more real when I can actually hold it in my hand and see it sitting there in my 'collection'. :)
If you love Sweater Anya and think she and Sweater Ian would be great in rubber too, give 'em a shout out here... maybe if we are pitiful enough with our hopeful puppy dog eyes Marie will grant our wish! ;)

TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Love, Elsie (blue), Basic Grey (brown), Old Navy gift bag (snowmen)
digi stamp- The Greeting Farm (sweater Anya)
Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Making Memories snowflake die-cuts
Kaiser Craft gems
SEI sentiment sticker
string
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E55, E57, E47, E49
clothes- E74, E77, E79, E31, E34, E35, R20, R21, R32, R43, R35, YG11, G12, G14, BG10, BG11, R11, R12

30 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, Congrats on your haul! That sounds like so much fun. We don't have anything here. At one time we had 3 scrapbook stores. Now we don't even have one.... :( I would so love to see a crafter's warehouse or even a Michaels...This card is so adorable! I love the color as always....I so agree with you I would love these two in rubber! Please Marie!!!! You make me laugh with Joey, at our house my kids just love that show. We have all 10 seasons on dvd and my daughter can say quote everything. My kids call me Chandler. Yes, I am as Jerry says the sarcasm queen!...my not so little secret...lol..Have a great day..Lisa

Claireabelle said...

Amy this is just so cute!! Love your snowflakes too
x

Kit said...

She is gorgeous and looks fabulous on your card :o)

Beatriz Rubio De Kimmel said...

She is beautiful..I love this card so much
Have a nice weekend!
-BK

Maria Therese said...

Yes she is sweet, I'd love to have her too and I bet there's more out there who would! And your card is amazing too! Have a lovely weekend!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is such a gorgeous Anya and what a fablous card to go with her.
Kristy x

Tasha said...

Beautiful card Amy, love the colours and fab design. I too hope Marie brings this lovely image into rubber then i can have it lol
love tasha xx

Juanita said...

I love that image and agree it NEEDS to be in rubber so all us Anya lovers can play with her :). Your card is gorgeous and will fit perfectly with the Fussy and Fancy Challenge.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oooo! I so agree, there is nothing like having the actual stamp in your hands and getting all inky! Love sweater Anya and especially Ian! Hope she hears us ;)
Your card is so sweet! and like always, your coloring blows me away!
Have a fab weekend, stay warm!
hugs, margie

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a CUTE card! i love the color combo and your coloring is awesome! thanks for sharing :)! have a great weekend! *hugs*

Angela said...

So glad you found some great deals!! Our Target doesn't have alot of crafting stuff to choose from either. But luckily I do have 2 LSS each about 20 mins from me.
Sweeter Anya and Ian are so cute!! I would love to see them in rubber also. This card is so pretty!! love the DP and Anya is beautifully colored!! Have a great rest of the weekend.
Hugs,
Angela

kris said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the snowman paper!! and of course i ADORE those snowflakes!!! =D LOVE this!! oh, and what score on your shopping trip!!! =D hugs, Kris

Sparkplug17 said...

I love Craft Warehouse, though I usually go to the one down in Portland when I go home to visit the family.

Your card is darling! I hope Marie makes though into rubber too.

RiNNE said...

Awww, great that you found a lot of those pearls on sale! I always love how you used them in your cards!

And speaking of, I really like this one! Awesome choice of papers and I love the sketch. Yes, that sweater Anya is too pretty! You and the rest of the DTs, farmers, Digital DT are sooo lucky!

Shirley N said...

Ohhh baby, this is a CUTIE!

♥Rach♥ said...

They would be perfect for winter and fall cards and I totally agree that the rest of us "need" them, LOL.

Adorable card, love the layout and papers you used, Sweater Anya is the perfect addition :0)

Gabby said...

She is precious Amy and your card is beyond gorgeous!

As much as I would love to see her into rubber...I say that since it was a gift exclusively for the DT...that it should be YOUR gifts! KWIM? ;) Still...amazing work woman!

crafty amy said...

This is a brilliant card I love the colour combo :D
I will join you in the begging for these images I have been drooling over all the DT's creations with them what a great gift!
It sounds like you have found some great bargains I can't wait to see them in action.

Amy xx

1LuvnMama said...

Amy~
Is it still snowing there? I just luv how you continue to keep the Christmas spirit alive in your card! :)

Tracey Feeger said...

what a simply adorable card. Love the image - she is so cute. The DP is perfect and you have coloured her beautifully.
mwah
Trace

Tonje said...

Sooo sweet! Love your snowman paper...

Jenn said...

Adorable card Amy!!! I would TOTALLY love these images in rubbah!! I'm super jealous that only the DT have them... but all the same - an awesome gift for amazing artists!!

donna mikasa said...

Wintery cute! As much as I would love to own Sweater Ian and Anya--it's a wonderful gift for the DT and makes the "exclusive-ness" all the more special! Plus, I love it when you swap heads!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Love the image :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Beautiful card, Amy! Love your fabulous colors and design!

MarkerGeek said...

LOVE IT! Gorgeous. And yep, of course, I WANT her (and Ian!) in rubber!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a darling card and an awesome gift! Beth

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! My Target never has any of that good stuff either - maybe they just don't send it up our way!
Your card is absolutely adorable and I was thinking "I love that snowman paper, where did she get it" and then I see it's a old Navy bag - How clever are you!!!?
I want ALL Anya's and Ian's to be available in rubber and to everyone - it just kills me when I can't have one!! :-) And I ,too, especially love their smiley eyes! :-)Traci

Juls said...

so so cute!! Just Love it! Hugs juls

Jessica Diedrich said...

Such a CUTE card! Sweater Anya is colored beautiful and that DP is adorable!