Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sweet treats

Well hello, hello to all you lovely ladies!

Here we are at the halfway mark for the week and I hope all is going well in your corner of the world. I'm still plugging away at my to-do list but nothing too overwhelming... yet... ;)

Today over at the Club Anya & Friends blog Lysa has a Wild Card Wednesday challenge that I found to be a fun change up from my usual cards. She wants everyone to create some cute Valentine's treat holders!
The one I came up with is super simple, just cut a nice weight double sided paper to a 5"x12" strip. Then I scored fold lines at 4 1/2", 6" and 10 1/2" to create a little tent for my bag of candy to rest in. Once I folded everything I just punched a half circle out of the top so the tissue paper could come up through it and secure the candy in place.
Now I realize that using the Forest Friends squirrels doesn't really qualify as being part of the Anya and friends crew but this little scene popped into my head as I was flipping through my stamps so I just had to go with it. I altered them a bit by wiping away the acorn then replacing it with the faux Hershey Kiss I made. Can you tell I was having fun with this? ;)

Now I hope you can make some time in the next couple days to play along too!

Alrighty, time for work. Check ya later! :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, PTI
paper- K&Co (Ka-Zoo)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Forest Friends)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart border punch
ribbon
aluminum foil
tissue paper
Copic multiliner 0.8, 0.3, 0.1 pens
Copic markers:
squirrel 1- W00, W1, W3, W5, R00, R01
squirrel 2- E41, E42, E43, E44, R01
squirrel 3- E50, E30, E31, E33, R01, R02
grass- YG13, YG17
sky- B0000, B000

29 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Very cute! :)

gobeagirl said...

Ok Amy, this is just adorable. I love how you colored your squirrels. You can just hear them discussing who gets the first bite. lol...I really think this is sooo cute, even if it does not qualify. Lisa

Tasha said...

what a fantastic card! love the candy drop and the speach bubbles - fabulous
love tasha xx

jacque4u2c said...

Too cute! Just love it!

Pam Varnell said...

This is adorable Amy. I always loved that stamp set and especially those squirrels. So cute, and I love those sentiments.

kris said...

Lovely creation Amy!!! Sweetness!! haha, LOVE the sentiments... totally cute!! fabulous job girl!! hugs, Kris

Lysa said...

This is SOO CUTE Amy- LOVE IT!!

Kit said...

This is soooo cute I love it :o)

MarkerGeek said...

This is just too cute and fun, Amy! Love the speech bubbles. :D

WickedPixie said...

See? This is why I love your work - besides your fabulous coloring, design and altering skills, you always seem to be having fun with it!! :-)Traci

♥Rach♥ said...

AHHHH, too cute! Love the creativity and the word bubbles are a hilarious touch. Really, really freakin cute Amy! Love it ;0)

Unknown said...

Too stinkin cute!

Angela said...

Amy, this is just too cute!! I made some of these little treat holders about 2 years ago for my kids to take to school!! I made 60 of them!!! I don't think I will do that again!! Way too time consuming!! I love how you did these cute little squirrels!! And the sentiments just made me laugh!!
Hug:)
Angela

donna mikasa said...

Love this!! Those squirrels are havin' way too much fun with that KISS! So clever! I'm hoping it has an almond inside....yum!

Maria Therese said...

Cute bag!! I just got this stamp and have not got around to using it yet, thanx for the inspiration!!

Shirley N said...

Sooo cute Amy! Besides luvn how you do flowers, I luv how you do sentiments!

SemSee said...

Aw Amy - this is too cute!! Those sentiments are just perfect!! Fab, fab, fab!! Hugs, Sem x

PS we've now got Glee here in the UK and are up to episode 3 - yay!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

TOO sweet! Now I want candy... ;)

Claireabelle said...

How cute is this!!! Great creation Amy
x

Anonymous said...

This is so darn cute!!!! I bought that kit lately, can't wait to receive it!!!

Your little bag is beyond cute, I love it!!!!

Alice said...

this is too cute, Amy! gotta love the Hershey Kiss idea! so fun!! love this!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

So gorgeous Amy! You have done a fabulous job with this challenge.
Kristy

Jenn said...

AAAHHH!!! Absolutely adorable Amy!!! I LOVE these squirrels!! What a great treat holder!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... how fun and sweet is this, Amy!! LOVE it!!

RiNNE said...

What a darling creation, Amy! Looks amazing with your alterations! Am so bummed that I didn't get to buy that set because those squirrels are soo cute! Love the Hershey's kiss and your tutorial! Thnx a bunch! That kiss is too sah-weet!

Unknown said...

Cute! Love the DP! Simple, fun!

Kelly Booth said...

So cute Amy....Love your little treat bag!!

Juls said...

such fun!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Crafty Jenn said...

Hee hee!! Thanks for the giggle! This is terrific!