Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lots of fun news and a winner!

Good Sunday morning to everyone!
I've got a lot to share in this post so I'm going to jump right in to it. So here we go...
First off, let's announce the lucky winner of the Chanter Heartsong candy since I know you've been waiting ever so patiently for that. :)
So I consulted good ol' random generator and the winner is....................

comment #71- Leah the Orange

Congratulations Leah! Email me at pete_danger@hotmail.com with your mailing addy and I will get your goodies right off to you. :)

Thanks everyone for playing along and as always there will be more candy to celebrate February's Sweet November release at the end of the month!

Now onto more fun happenings... this past month I have enjoyed participating in the Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake Inspiration Challenge and recently I was delighted when Rachel invited me to be their Guest Sweetie for the month of January! Every Sunday I will be posting my cupcake inspired card starting with today's. :)
So if you are looking for some challenge fun to get your creative juices flowing I highly recommend you check out the super cute pic Rachel has chosen for this week and join us... we would love to have you play along! Just make sure to add a direct link to your NEW creation via the Mr Linky on Rachel's blog by Saturday, Jan 9th at 9 pm MT. If you upload to a public gallery like SCS or PCP make sure to use keyword CIC40 so we can easily find you. Remember, no cupcake stamps are required! Rachel will post the Top 5 next Sunday!
And here's what all the Sweetie's have done today:

~Colleen ~Jessica ~Michelle ~Rachel ~Teresa

All this talk of guest dt spots leads me to my last big announcements of the day... recently Christine, the illustrator of CC Designs stamps and owner of All That Scraps, has decided to make Traci (wickedpixie) the first official designer for Sweet November Stamps! I am over-the-moon excited to have her working her magic with my stamps every month as she is an amazing talent and just the sweetest gal to boot! :)
This wonderful turn of events has opened up the opportunity for me to create a monthly guest designer spot for Sweet November... here are the deets:

Each month that Sweet November has a stamp release I will choose someone to send that entire release to and they will post cards and/or projects on their blog during sneek peak week. I will also have a little feature of them right here during that week as well. :)
How do you get a chance at playing along you ask? It's simple... show me what you've been creating with my stamps! I LOVE seeing how everyone is bringing the Fairy Sweets to life and I try to get around to see as many as I can but if I've missed something or you make something new, shoot me an email at sweetnovemberstamps@gmail.com with a link to your work.

In fact our very first Sweet November Gal has already graciously accepted the February spot and she is Amy Gould (Crafty Amy). Amy has been an enthusiastic supporter of Sweet November and has shown the Fairy Sweets a whole lot of love on her blog and I can't wait to see what she does with the new friends joining the SNS family next month! :)

Whew! See, I told you I had a lot to share today! If anyone has any questions about anything feel free to email me... I'm always happy to chat with my fellow stamparistas. :)

Toodles!



Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse, Bazzill and CC Designs ivory
stamps- CC Designs (Birthday Pixie Pets) Basic Grey (Limited Edition sentiment and cupcake)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Tim Holtz antique linen Distress Ink
Doodlebug Designs glitter cardstock border stickers
Sakura stardust glitter pen (on the hat)
Copic Spica clear glitter pen (on the balloon and cupcake frosting)
Signo Uniball white gel pen
Copic markers:
balloon- Y00, Y11, Y13
bear- E40, E41, E42, E31, RV10, RV11, B00, B02
cupcake- RV10, RV11, RV14, E50, E51, Y11, Y26, B00, B02, Y17

29 comments:

Maria Therese said...

what a cute bear!!
so sweet birthday card ♥

Kellie said...

WOW there was a lot of excitement in that one post and the to top it off a gorgeous birthday card! LOVE IT!
Hugs Kel

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG this card is sooo adorable! Congrats to wicked pizie her work is fablous.
Kristy

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a yummy card! I love the pink swirls and the sweets border. Adorable.

Larisa said...

Very nice card ))) The job is so sweet ))))

☼ Cheryl* said...

Congratulations, Leah :)!
wow lots in one post, Congratulations on the guest Dt spot. Your card is fantastic :)
xxxx

Kerry said...

What a day! Full of good news!!! It's super, big congrats. The card is toooo cute.

Angie said...

OMGoodness that is a sweet birthdya card! Congrats on having a DT for your stamps and for being the Design Sweetie, congrats to TRACI for being the first on the SNS team and congrats to Crafty AMY for being the first Guest! Whew! So exciting!

MicheyMoo said...

Wow Amy....that was a lot to be excited about!! Congrats on doing so well with the totally divine SNS fairy sweets. I'm gonna wait for the next release and do a BIG shop for all of them!! Coz I wanna chance to be on the DT for your fabulous girls.
I've already ordered the TGF Sprouts (I think I was one of the first in the shop, lol) and can't wait for them to fly out here for me!!
Totally cute card too....I love your interpretation of the cupcake. I've been pondering some ideas for this challenge too. I can feel a few days of crafting/card making ahead of me this week. yay!!

BTW: I'm hoping that I can actually get out in some sunshine tomorrow, its been really grey and humid and wet here for the past few days....so if I get to go for a swim at the beach tomorrow (Monday) I'll let ya know....'coz I'd hate to think of you shovelling all that *beautiful* snow and wishing you were over here. Trade ya, hehe.
Michey xxx

♥Rach♥ said...

Congrats to Traci and Crafty Amy!!! You ladies have such wonderful work :0)

LOVE the card! Granted, I like anything cupcake related, but this is super cute, I love the bear and the candy border :D

Kit said...

This is sooo cute

Elena said...

Congratulations on Guest DT position! I enjoy looking at your Cupcake Inspiration Challenge projects!
This card is so sweet! Love this bear!

Unknown said...

Totally gorgeous card, Amy! Definitely lots to hsare! Wow! Congrats on the Guest DT spot, congrats to the ladies and looking forward to your new releases! SNF are too adorable!

RiNNE said...

That is TOO sweet! Love the confetti and candy bits! And the colors are adorable! Congrats on everything, Amy! I'd love the chance to join in on being a guest designer for your stamps one month. I know you give me lots of support and probably have seen my creations but I will email you my images! Thanks!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Congrats to everyone! How exciting! Looking forward to seeing everyone's creations :)

Your lil beary cupcake card is sooo adorable and huggalbe :)

TFS! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
~ margie

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a sweet little bear.

gobeagirl said...

WOW, what fun for everyone. I love the card. The colors and the way you did the edges are just perfect. I have this set, and I have to admit I really have not done anything with it. Smiles. Congrats to all. You all do great work. I would love to be a quest dt, for your stamps on the month, but I am sure there tons of people better than me at this point..lol...still working on it. Have a super Sunday, Lisa

Teresa Kline said...

this is so adorable, it is great to have you with us this month!

enjoy *~*

Angela said...

Amy, thi si just too sweet love the pastel colors you have chosen! I have this stamp set but I haven't had time to ink it up yet!! I am so happy for you and for Traci. I just lon=ve her work and her amazing coloring!! She will do your stamps justice with her talent!!
Hugs,
Angela

Rachel Hope said...

LUFF it!!! So adorable! Thanks for playing with us this month!!!

Crafty Jenn said...

Holy smokes! All this news is so exciting!! I'm so proud of you that your SNS are blossoming into a successful business.

Congrats to both Traci and Amy. Their work is fabulous and I'm sure they'll do you proud with their creations. You know I'd love to hold a DT spot. ;)

I'm ready to buy Chanter tomorrow!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your GD spot! Super cute card and what a fun challenge!
Congrats to Leah the Orange on winning the Chanter candy...so lucky!

fairie said...

I love this card. Oh, I want this card :)
congrats Leah on winning the Chanter candy

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy this card is sweet I love the teddy! Beth

Sparkplug17 said...

Such an adorable card!

Randi said...

Soooo adorable Amy!! I'm so thrilled about Traci!! She does such amazing work with your stamps and I'm looking forward to her DT projects!
Hope you had a wonderful New Year!! Thanks for all of your support and inspiration this past year! Hugs! ~R

Ελευθερία said...

really lovely!!
love the border you've used!!

Alice said...

oh! this is soooooo sweet Amy!! love the sweet colors and the clean design!! Congrats on your Guest Sweetie spot!! It's going to be a very sweet month!! =)

KarenB said...

Congratulations Leah... lucky girl!!

Amy your cards are always so gorgeous, super super sweet :)