Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hey

Good morning!

I really looked at the calendar yesterday and realized that this month is almost over already... holy cow, when did that happen?!
This means that I've only got a couple weeks before my cards are due for Gabby's Miss Anya/My Guy Ian card swap over at Splitcoast Stampers... yikes! So I got down to business and got all four of my Ian cards done, whew! So this is what I came up with for the swap.
I used one of the My Guy rubber stamps but opened his eyes up using digi Autumn Ian's eyes and the technique I shared over at Club Anya. I don't do a whole ton of guy cards but I have a lot of fun with them when I do and this one was no exception... though I may have gone a bit crazy with the distressed edge stamp... LOL! :)
Still, I like it and I hope that whoever gets them likes them too. :)
Now I've got to get my Miss Anya ones done... there are a lot more choices with them so hopefully I can narrow things down and get busy. Wish me luck!

Ok, time to get ready for work.
Toodles!Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse, PTI
paper and star die cut- Crate Paper (Static)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (My Guy Ian, digi Autumn Ian), Tim Holtz (slight alterations), Studio Calico (storytime alpha), Technique Tuesday (star)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Karen Foster screw brads
bottle cap
Glitz grid rub on
black twill
staples
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E55, E57, E59
clothes- B95, B97, B99, C5, C7, C9, E41, E42, Y11, YG91, YR21, YR12, YR14

25 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Good morning Amy. This is too cute! OOps I mean Cool! I love the brads and the destressed edges. I don't know of anyone that would not love to have this card. The star on the hat is just a fantastic idea..What guy that wears a baseball cap would wear one that didn't have some kind of saying or picture on it. Great jobs. Have a good day, Lisa

Angela said...

THis is a great boy/guy card!! I have that same DP and love it. Love his cap, the scew brads and that bottle cap are just the perfect touch!!
Hugs:)
Angela

RiNNE said...

You did such a great job! I have a hard time making 'guy' cards! Love the graffiti look and Ian's big eyes!

kris said...

i like this one!!! he looks so handsome! =D the papers really makes him rock out!! Fabulous card girl!! hugs, Kris

Beatriz Rubio De Kimmel said...

I love this card!! I really like how you used the bottle cap and those screw brads are super cool!!
Take Care
-BK

donna mikasa said...

Love this--the distressing stamp rocks! All those masculine touches are perfectly perfect, too...Can't wait to see your Miss Anyas!

Tasha said...

Amy im certain whoever gets your cards is going to adore them. This is fab i love the distressed stamped edge and i love the colours. Fab use of bottle cap too
love tasha xx

♥Rach♥ said...

Alright, I def "need" those screw brads now! Finally someone who they're by ;0) Perfect guy card, love it!

Unknown said...

So nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

Maria Therese said...

I think boys card is hard to make! This is really cool! Thanx for the inspiration!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy I love the rough nature of this card right down to the smashed bottle cap! Beth

Anonymous said...

Totally boy !!! What a beautiful card !!! I love the idea of the bottle cap.
Hugs
Mag :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

O how handsome! He rocks!!! :)

Happy Tuesday!
hugs, margie

Unknown said...

Boy cards are so hard to make...yours turned out so GREAT, Amy! I love it! Love the distressing!

MarkerGeek said...

Fantastic. Perfect guy's card!

Kylie said...

Fantastic card. Good luck choosing 1 girl image. lol. Month half over? What the? Better make my birthday cards for next month then! Oh yes, and bring on Easter!!

Kylie xo

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome card, Amy! Love the colors and the distress edge look! Can wait to see your Miss Anya!!You ROCK!!

Juls said...

This is fab!!! Love the whole rustic look! Hugs Juls

Kerry said...

Awesome card, it's a perfect card!

1LuvnMama said...

Amy,
I luv what you did with this! Awesome!

Congrats on winning Shirley's candy! She's sooo sweet!

Alice said...

wow! amazing manly card, Amy!!! you did this perfectly! i love all the details, the screw brads, the distressed edges, the bottle cap, the stapled ribbon... everything is perfect!!!!!! you ROCK!!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OMG This is SUPER cute! Love it, boy cards are so hard but you have rocked it.
Kristy x

Mary Giles said...

Great boy card! I luv the rugged feeling to this card and the bottle cap looking embellishment on it.

Pam Varnell said...

No girl you did not go crazy with the distressing ink. LOVE it!! You totally rocked this guy card. Just gorgeous, but in a manly way. LOL. Hugs!!

Leah l'Orange said...

oooh, those PAPERS. yummeh!

and i just love Ian's hoodie!