Monday, January 11, 2010

So this is love, la-lala-laaa

Happy Monday to you!

And a new Monday brings with it a brand new Monday Mania challenge at the Club Anya & Friends challenge blog... yeah! This week Caz wants everyone to make a card using Anya and Ian as a couple. Now you may say, "Hey... those aren't Anya and Ian on that card." and you would be right but I figured that since the Sprouts have officially invaded the Club these two would be right at home. And don't they just have that 'love at first sight' look about them? ;)
Both are digi Wild Sprouts Michael and Dressy Ebony that I already had printed out a while ago on my old GP cardstock. I thought about re-printing them on my new PTI but I didn't want to waste the first ones so I went back to the GP for this card. So the blends are as yummy looking but it works. :)

I'm also using more of that Basic Grey lemonade card kit that you've been seeing from me the past few days... I'm determined to use that thing up ASAP so it doesn't add to the clutter in my craft room for all eternity. Though I did change up the color combo a bit by adding in the green paper from the Origins paper pad that I got from Rachel. I think it adds a bit of a masculine feel for Michael amongst all the pink and flowers, LOL!

Alrighty, now it's your turn to play match maker and I can't wait to see all the little TGF couples hooking up on the Farm this week! :)

Later gators! Supply list:
cardstock- Georgia Pacific
cardbase, paper and rub ons- Basic Grey
digi stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Michael and WS dressy Ebony)
Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Making Memories brads
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
Michael skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- C3, C5, C7, C9, 100
shirt- YG13, G14, YG17

Ebony skin- E00, e11, R20, W5
hair- E55, E57, E59, E49
dress- Y00, Y11, Y02, RV25, RV19, RV69, RV00, RV10, RV02, E40, C5, C7, C9

39 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Stunning details on your coloring!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I really love this one. The green really works for him. My favorite part is the bottom with the word Love and all the swirls..This is just overall adorable. Have a super Monday. I am off to work...Lisa

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOO Cute Amy...Love this card!

♥Rach♥ said...

Fantastic card, Amy! I haven't invested in the "dressy" set yet, but she's really just too flipping cute. Great colors, such a fun card!
~Rach

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is FABULOUS!!! They're a great couple ;)

Anonymous said...

So cute together !!!
Gorgeous card Amy !!!
Hugs
Mag ;)

Leah l'Orange said...

aww! love them as a couple!
this card totally reminds me of Grease! and i like the effect of him leaning!

Kerry said...

Love them together, too cute!

Jen Shults said...

Wow, your coloring on this is AMAZING! Love the layout. :D

scrapn_momof2 said...

Super cute. Love the placement of the images.

kris said...

They make an ADORABLE couple.... i love the colors you gave them.... A+++++++++! you go girl! =D hugs, Kris

~* steph :) *~ said...

pretty card! great details :)! love the sentiment -- so nice with the fluorishes. thanks for sharing :)!

donna mikasa said...

Cuteness! And it doesn't matter which cardstock you use...you rock the coloring!

jacque4u2c said...

WOWZERS!!! this is just amazing!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Such a cute couple! I love that you paired these two up! Great colors and papers!
TFS! and Happy Monday to you too :)
~ margie

Lysa said...

So cute! Love it!

Juls said...

fab creation! Hugs Juls

MarkerGeek said...

This is fab! Love the Sprouts, and loooooove the BG papers. :)

Shirley N said...

I Love this couple. Cute card!

Randi said...

Amazing card Amy! So much to love about it! Gorgeous, right down to that amazing 'love' sentiment at the bottom!!1

Anonymous said...

cute card..the colors are brill...

Islander Girl said...

I just love this card! Actually I love all your cards! I wanna be just like you when I grow up (^o*) Thanks for always inspiring!

Victoria said...

love the colours Amy and such fab shading as always
Victoria
x

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable!

Tonje said...

Oh my gosh... I stay away for just a few days and you come up with loads of brilliant and beautiful cards... Love the little sprouts, and your fairy in your previous post is absolutely stunning!

Alice said...

oh! they are such a handsome couple! this is super cute Amy!!

1LuvnMama said...

I luv how he's resting from behind! That is such a cool idea! I think I might have to play in this challenge . . . I totally have the perfect idea, but need the time to put it all together! :) Wish me luck!

Danni said...

This is so cute!! They do look like they are in love..fun!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a lovely couple! Beth

Stamping Cafe said...

What a cute and sweet couple, Amy!! Love the design and the colors, super cuteness!!

Serafiia said...

Amy, this is SO CUTE. I love these two together and the colors are amazing!

Ελευθερία said...

wow!! wonderful card...love the way you've coloured your images!!!

RiNNE said...

I just loved how you had him leaning over that 'wall' of yummy Basic Grey. Fab coloring as always, no matter which paper you use :).

Angela said...

I totally agree this reminds me of grease!! Grease is my oldest Daughters all time favorite movie and could sight the words and music from begining to end!! As I bet she has watched this movie over 100 times!! No lie!! So I am loving this layout and you choice of images!!! I am posting from work because I have been having some problems trying to comment from my home computer!!! Have an awesome day Amy!!!
Hugs,
Angela

Tammi said...

They make the perfect couple, so cute!!

Mary Giles said...

This is just too sweet! I love how you have made Michael leaning behind a "wall". The way you did his hair is fabulous.

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! They are so adorable!! :-)Traci

Crafty Jenn said...

Haha! I love it! Leah and Angela are right--totally reminds me of Grease. Ebony looks like a Pink Lady. Too cute!

Angie said...

SO much fabulousness on your blog today! I haven't been by in a couple days, and three posts all at once is almost TOO much! LOL! Wonderful job with the couple, they are so adorable. I am LOVING the card with just your fairy's head, and the adorable card with the puffy heart stickers! WONDERFUL! Oh, and to a fellow Gleek: I am having withdrawals! lol! did you see them on the people's choice awards? I missed it! Boo!