Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Traci Porter

Hello, hello!

As we get closer to this weekend's Sweet November February release sneak peeks (and candy) I wanted to kick things off with a couple fun posts featuring my Sweet November gals. :)

Today I'm shining the spotlight on a very special gal. She has been a huge influence on me and where I am today and I think she wields Copics like magic wands, her skills are just that awe inspiring. Please give a warm welcome to Traci Porter!

Traci's polished style and creative stamping, ie. altering, are what first drew me to her blog and I still look forward to seeing what new creations she will delight me with every time she posts. Just check out her mini masterpiece featuring Tangle Goblinshimmer... doesn't it transport you to an early summer afternoon with the wildflowers blooming and a bit of magic dancing in the breeze? I love it! :)

Now I've also come up with a crazy little questionnaire for my gals to answer just because these are always fun to read and here's what Traci had to share with us...

1. What color do you feel represents your personality and why?

This one is really hard, I want to say orange because it's a bit of an odd duck and I think it takes a special personality to appreciate it! But maybe brown, because it kind of seems to me to be a responsible, supportive color but is still NOT traditional like black...

2. Is your style of dress/home decor similar to your style of card making?

Other than a love of color in all these things, probably not.

3. What one thing always puts you in a good mood?

A new episode of Project Runway!

4. If you could visit any time in history when would it be?

Probably Elizabethan England- I'd love to look at the clothing up close!

5. If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?

Years ago my very best friend and I were having this conversation and she says (and I have to admit she was right) that I would be Dwarven. I am short, round, kind of grumpy a lot, and I love to create things with my hands!

Bonus question
6. If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?

I don't know that there is a character that I identify strongly with, but I want to be BFF's with Kurt!

Ahhh ya gotta love it! :)



So now is the time when I share how Traci's card inspired me today... I followed the same basic layout design, just flip-flopping the side the fairy flutters on. I also really liked how she framed the sentiment and had Tangle interact with it so I had to have Buttercup do the same. :)
I'm just so pleased with how this card turned out and I have Traci to thank for it!

Please be sure to head on over to Traci's blog today and show her some love! Then come back here tomorrow when the spotlight will be shining on my very special February guest gal, Amy Gould!

Later gators! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
paper- Making Memories
stamps- Sweet November Stamps (Buttercup Reedweb) Hero Arts (sentiment and fern)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Versamark clear ink and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
misc ribbon and gems
Doodlebug flower
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, R22
eyes- G14, G07
hair- Y00, Y11, Y21, Y32
clothes- YR000, YR00, R00, R01, R02, R22, R32, YG03, G14, G07
wings- G0000, G000, G00, BG49

24 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

I LOVE Traci....she is not only amazingly talented but such a nice person too!! LOVe what she does with your stamps Amy......Traci rocks!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, Thanks so much for the fun questions. I really enjoyed reading about Tracy. I have had her on my favorites list for sometime now. She does do such great work, especially with your stamps. I can not wait to see the new stamp. Have to get me some...lol..Great cards both of you, Lisa

☼ Cheryl* said...

wow Traci has some amazing cards!!

Tasha said...

I love Tracis card its awesome and i think you version is amazing - fab colouring of buttercup and i love the sentiment
love tasha xx

Jessica Diedrich said...

WONDERFUL spotlight on Traci-LOVE that girl! And so happy for you that your beautiful stamps are really taking off!

♥Rach♥ said...

Two super cute cards from some super talented ladies!

kris said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!! Thanks for the spotlight on Traci!! her work is amazing... i love the colors you used on your card.. and the touch of bling!! =D hugs, Kris

Maria Therese said...

really cute!! wishing you a wonderfull day!

fairie said...

Oh, such lovely cards!! Very beautiful. One question, how do you or what do you cut out the image with? I've tried cutting out stamped images and they hardly ever come out nice.

xoxo :)

Claireabelle said...

Fab cards ladies, Traci's blog is just awe inspiring!
x

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! Thank you so much for choosong me to be your first DT member! It is an extreme honor. I LOVE the card you created here! :-)Traci

Angela said...

Amy, I think you made a great decision making Traci your first DT member! I love her work so inspiring!! And her coloring is just beautiful!
Now on to your card!! I love the sentiment and the paper you used is just beautiful!! And of course so is your coloring!! Love the colors you chose!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Alice said...

wow! gorgeous card by Traci!! LOVE her orange hair and you are right that Traci's coloring is fantastic! LOVE your card, too Amy! beautiful soft colors, that's a combination that I rarely think of using... so pretty!

Pam Varnell said...

Oh this was such a fun post. I just adore Traci's work too, she is such an inspiration, as you are. You are both so talented. Both of these cards are just adorable. Love them. Hugs!!

1LuvnMama said...

Amy,
Luv this! So funny to read Traci's answers. I think is kind of a neat way to get to know someone. :) Just luvn everything you're doing, as usual! Have a good one!

Marlene said...

Just stumbled onto your blog. Love your cards. They are going to give me some great inspiration. :)

Stamping Cafe said...

WOW... fabulous cards from the two of you!! Love them!!

donna mikasa said...

I've always admired Traci's work and it's fun to get to know her through her answers! Love both of your fairy cards--just gorgeous!

Sparkplug17 said...

Traci's cards are just darling!

Juls said...

These are just so so gorgeous!! Love the bright colours and the sentiments are just so so cute! Hugs Juls

Tammi said...

Gorgeous cards, love the colors and leaf background on your paper, love how you spread your rhinestones too!

Leah l'Orange said...

i love BOTH of these, Amy! i can't get enough of seeing your Sweet November stamps...

Sammi said...

Awesome! Traci is so clever... and so are you Amy!!
LOVE these cards... so fun!
xxx

RiNNE said...

Such amazing cards. Love the colors on both! I, too, am a big fan of Traci!