Sunday, January 17, 2010

Totally twitterpated

Goooood morning!

It's Sunday again and you know what that means... time for another fantastic Cupcake Inspired Challenge! :)
This week the colors of the inspiration photo totally set the tone for the type of card I created, especially when the My Mind's Eye Be Loved papers that Rachel sent were a perfect match. Well technically what I used are the backs or "B-sides" of the papers but that's why I love double sided paper... you get twice the options (and sometimes the B-sides are even cuter in my opinion...). ;)
Anywho... with the soft peaches and cream look I knew I wanted to do another Valentine's card and I also knew just who I wanted to bring back out of the retirement folder in time for the big day. Some of you may remember Miles and Maisy from my Sprout week back in September. I still love the idea of a 'couple' image so these two are strolling back on the scene for one more day in the spotlight. Awwwww, young love...
And of course I just had to add my 'go-to' embellishments... pearls and flowers into the mix. This time I had some yummy felt flowers (again from Rachel) as well as my trusty Primas. I even used the teeny tiny pearls again to add little earrings to Maisy... cuteness!

Oh, and I've gotten quite a few comments on how I add pearl and flower sprays. Now I don't know any real tricks to it but one thing I'm always mindful of is keeping whatever I'm using to an odd number. It's an old design trick that applies to multiple applications but holds true for card and page embellishing too. Our eyes just naturally find odd numbers more pleasing and more interesting to look at that even numbers of things. Strange but true. So the next time you are adding bits and baubles to your card remember, if four is good, five is better... sadly the same rule does not apply to cookies though... ;)

Alrighty, have a lovely day and be sure to check out what the rest of the sweeties have created:

~Colleen, ~Michelle, ~Rachel, ~Teresa

and I hope to see you play along this week too!


Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse, PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (Be Loved)
stamp- Basic Grey (LE set 4 sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Tim Holtz antique linen distress ink and Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Zva felt flowers and pearls
Prima Got Flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Martha Stewart rings corner and edge punch set
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
Miles skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- Y32, Y23, Y35, YR21, YR23
clothes- E74, E77, E79, E30, E31, W5, W7, W9
Maisy skin- E00, E11, R20, R02, W5
hair- E55, E57, E59, E49
clothes- YR000, YR00, YR01, R02, E30, E31, E44, E47, E49
sky- BG0000, BG000
ground- W00, W1

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

A really cute couple, they are so sweet together !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh my gosh Amy they are sooo sweet! I have never seen them before.
Gorgeous card and your colouring again so fabulous.
Kristy x

☼ Cheryl* said...

They are SO CUTE!!!! I love the colours, they go so so well together.

Claireabelle said...

Amy this is so cute!! A fabulous valentines card
x

Elena said...

Absolutely amazing! Love these cuties! Really like the colors, flowers - fabolous Valentine!

Maria Therese said...

Cute couple and amazing coloring! Gorgeous card!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I hope that if and when I come out of retirement I look this good...lol...Really though, this is just too adorable! I so love the colors and of course your coloring is sooo perfect..I love your work and I always get a chuckle from your comments. Have a great Sunday my friend. Lisa

Kerry said...

OMGosh, they are adorable. Retired? Are they coming back soon? Please! ;)

Unknown said...

I haven't seen them before?? Love them, so cute and your colouring of the dress is amazing!! A stunning card, I need to go shopping for more of these cuties,
hugs Angela x

Beth aka BR-T said...

I don't remember these but they are amazing and your card ever so lovely!

RiNNE said...

You've done it again! Blew me away with this card, you see. Could you please, PLEASE get Marie to let you release this couple at the farm? Love your coloring and your design! And thnX soooo much for the odd numbered trick!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

Ohmygoodness Amy, I love love love this card. The colors are so pretty and I love all the embellies. The ribbon trim is gorgeous and adds great texture. Thanks for sharing :)! *hugs*

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOOOO cute Amy!!! Love this Sweet Couple......

♥Rach♥ said...

It's so nice to see Miles and Maisy again! This looks like a super cute wedding card to me. Love the PATP set you used, I don't think I've seen that one but the interwoven circle are beautiful!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Teresa Kline said...

fabulous coloring, this is sooo cute!

enjoy *~*

1LuvnMama said...

This is sooo sweet to see such a luv-ing couple holding hands! Gives me warm fuzzies all over! Happy Sunday Amy!

kris said...

What a sweet looking couple they are!!! LOVE it! the soft colors send a loving vibe and those flowers makes this even sweeter!! Gorgeous job my friend!! Have a beautiful Sunday! hugs, Kris

crafty amy said...

This is adorable those colours are just perfect and what I really want to know is when are we going to see these 2 in rubbah?

Hugs

Amy xx

Shirley N said...

Miles and Maisy are so cute and I love this layout! Precious card Amy!

donna mikasa said...

Cutest couple, ever! Now THIS should be turned into rubber! Exactly like this with the joined hands--a real couple stamp!

And thanks for the "feng shui" tip--I tend to use odd numbers of stuff without realizing it. It just looks and feels better, somehow! Have a great Sunday!

Unknown said...

Super cute! :)

Serafiia said...

WOWS! Such a cute couple and elegant card! :)

Tracey Feeger said...

I seriously wish I had your talent for drawing. I want them. Send me a copy via email. JJ. They are gorgeous. I want to see more of both of them. I think they are both divine little characters and you have done a fabulous job with the challenge.
mwah
Trace

Juls said...

awhhh so sweet and romantic!! Hugs juls

Angelwood said...

Aww.. this is just darling! I love these images - so perfect for Valentine's day! I absolutely love your card (if you can't tell :0) ) Your coloring is lovely too. hugs, Angela

Jenn said...

Adorable!! What a cute couple!!

Tasha said...

this is stunning Amy
love tasha xx

Michelle Woerner said...

cute cute cute! I love the coloring with all my heart and what fabulous embellies! I am so happy you are our guest!! Hugs,

Unknown said...

I totally adore this couple! The are so lovable and sweet! Love your card, Amy!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so soft and beautiful, Amy!! Love everything about it!!

Alice said...

oh! I have always applied that rule to cookies and all my snacks.... =) This is a duper duper sweet card, Amy!! you are so inspiring!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!

Lesley said...

Too cute, I love your coloring!

Crafty Jenn said...

I love this! Good to see these Sprout creations out again. They are soooo adorable!

Great work with the CIC color combo. Very elegant, especially with the pearls and silk ribbon.