Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hey girlfriend!

Good morning!

It's been snowing like crazy here the last few days but even though it definitely looks like a winter wonderland out there, all cold and white, I'm in the mood for COLOR! So when I saw the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #39 photo for this week it was the perfect fit for how I'm feeling. The mix of chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with the pops of fun bright colors gave me the excuse I needed to ink up my new Mo Manning stamp that I got at ATS. Isn't it fun? I know Mo has a bunch of digi images but I'm a very happy girl if I can get an actual 'in-my-hands-won't-get-lost-when-the-computer-crashes' stamp. ;)
So the stamp may be new but I got to go WAY back in my stash for this 'old as the hills' but still much beloved KI Memories Birthday paper. The colors were just spot-on matches to the cupcake inspiration... gotta love it when that happens, it totally justifies hanging onto it for years. :)

Alrighty, so before I head off to work for the day just a reminder that the Chanter Heartsong candy is still going through tonight and I will announce a winner for it tomorrow. Oh and if you haven't been over to the ATS blog this week you'll want to head over for more chances to win Chanter and the other CC Designs stamps from the January release! And don't forget that the stamps go live Monday night at midnight EST... so exciting! :)

I'll be back tomorrow with some exciting news so stop by if you can. Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- DCWV and GP
paper and sentiment die-cut- KI Memories (Birthday)
stamp- Stampavie (Mo Manning Psst Dani and Taylor)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Fiskars scallop border punch
misc buttons and silk ribbon
Making Memories colored staples
Sakura clear glaze pen (on the purple boots... makes them look like leather)
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
girl 1 skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E53, E55
clothes- RV10, RV32, RV34, YG01, YG03, Y15, Y17, E30, E33, E35, V12, V15, B04, B06, E49
girl 2 skin- E53, E13, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- B02, B04, B06, V12, V15, V17, E33, E43, E44, YR12, YR14, RV04, RV19, Y15, Y17, YG01, YG03, B12, B14, RV10, RV32, RV34, E40, E41

28 comments:

Larisa said...

Very nice card ))) So bright colours. I love It))))

MicheyMoo said...

You're heading off to work just as I'm heading off to bed!!
I love this card.....so bright and cheery and mood-lifitng. We're in the midst of some hot, humid days right now and getting some much needed rain so this fits perfect. Not that I'm a fan of hot, humid days.....humidity is definitely NOT my friend.
Have fun at work....I'm seriously lovin be totally lazy on my hols - though I did clean out my pantry and bake some bread and work out my menu/shopping list for the week today, so wasn't totally chilled out. Maybe this week I'll finally get some creating done. :)
Then again, I still haven't caught up on all the Glee action yet!!
Hugs. xxx

♥Rach♥ said...

CUTE card! You always have the best colors! MORE exciting news tomorrow??? I can hardly wait :0)

Juls said...

this is just stunning!! Love the image the fab use of bright colours, and all your gorgeous embellies!! another masterpiece!! Hugs Juls

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous colours girlie!
x

ps: we have snow too - yay!! :o)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, Wow I love your coloring on this one. It just makes you want to smile. This stamp is so adorable. I have not seen it before. I guess that I will have to check this out. I really love the blue stamps on the Hi. I have these block in my collection of (antique)lol..scrapbooking supplies.lol You can't go wrong with oldies but goodies. Sorry you have to work today. Drive careful, Lisa G

RiNNE said...

So very cute, Amy! The colors are phenomenal and I love the polka dots on the flowers! And I love how you colored the girls!

Rachel Hope said...

Great fun!!! Love the bright colors you used, perfect for the Inspiration piece, thanks for playing along!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a fun and colorful card! I love the button flowers too!

TFS :*)
~ margie

kris said...

awesome card!!! Love the bright fun colors.... makes this image and card super sweet... aww, remembering those school days... =D hugs, Kris

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy!! There are SO many things I love about your cards and your use of color is right at the top! Your cards make me so happy!! :-)Traci

Tonje said...

Luuuuuve the colours! So nice and bright and cheerful!

donna mikasa said...

Love all the colorful goodness and those dotty flowers! You can't help but smile at this one.....

Shirley N said...

This is so cute--it would be a great card for a teenager and, well, me too, lol!

Angie said...

I love the colors! I am totally getting in the mood for COLOR!

fairie said...

Oh, so cute. Reminds me of my younger years. You did an amazing job with the coloring!!

:)

Elena said...

What a fun card! Really like the colors of it! Your coloring is amazing, Amy!
So glad you joined this week's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!
Can't wait to hear some exciting news from you!

Kit said...

love this card, its so vibrant :o)

Gabby said...

OOOHHHHH I love this! wish my 13 year old DD was that bright. She's in her "dark emo" stage...UGH! I love this GF! You ALWAYS rock your work! I think I need a bib every time I come on your blog! It's just so drool worthy! LOL!

I am finally catching up making my blog rounds because I've been HORRIBLE in the past. Now I'm free of "things to do" and can blurf! :D

Happy New Year chica!

Tracey Feeger said...

This is gorgeous Amy. I love how you always have bright colours on your cards. We would be perfect crafting friends if we were to ever meet as bright colours are my favourite too.
mwah
Trace

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is FABULOUS!!

Alice said...

wow! fabulous coloring on the Mo image!!! what a delightful card! LOVE IT!!

Danni said...

Love this!So bright and happy!! Fun!!

Angela said...

Amy, I am loving this card!! With all the girly 80's colors and style. I can't wait to see what news to have to share!! There has been so much new news for you lately I can't wait to hear more!!
Hugs,
Angela

Kerry said...

Totally LOVE the bright colors, totally AWESOMENESS!

Queen La Rubba said...

This is a Bright FAB Wonderful Fun Card!!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Oh wow I love it! So bright and colourful!
Kristy x

MarkerGeek said...

FABULOUS!!!! Love the bright colours you've used on this one.