Monday, January 18, 2010

Smilie eyes make me happy

Ahh, Monday... back to the old grindstone I guess.
It's cold, gray and wet here... I am SO ready for spring to come, I need sunshine!
Oh well, at least with the weather like it is I'm still in the mood to make some winter-ish cards... like little Sweater Ian here. Isn't he adorable with those smilie eyes? I'm still campaigning that he and Sweater Anya both see rubber some day... fingers crossed! :)

So I don't know if it's because I come from a scrapbooking background or if it's just my own crazy paper crafting obsession but this week before the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) show always gets me excited for sneak peeks of all the new papers and goodies. I've got my favorite companies and am anxious to see what they have in store for us... I find it very inspiring! Anyone else out there feel the same? So far some faves I've spotted are the Garden Variety line from Cosmo Cricket and Quite Contrary from My Mind's Eye. They both look super fun to create with. :)
I'm still waiting to see what October Afternoon and Basic Grey have in store but they always seem to play things close to the vest until the show actually starts. Have I mentioned before that patience isn't one of my strong suits? Ah well, it's not long now... ;)

Ok, off to get ready for the day... have a good one!

Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse, PTI
paper- Basic Grey (green grid), Bella Blvd (stripe), October Afternoon (wood grain)
digi stamp- The Greeting Farm (Sweater Ian)
stamp- Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Fancy Pants felt stars
Making Memories brads
Scrapworks ribbon tab
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- Y21, Y23, YR21, Y38, E97, E99
clothes- B95, B97, B99, E30, E31, E34, E44, E47, E49, B000, B00, BG10, BG11, E55, E57, E59, YR12, YR14, YR18, Y32, Y35

20 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I love his hair. The color has so much depth to it. Very cute! I so can not wait to see what comes from CHA.. I love it when you can start to watch them on youtube. I just learned of it last year about this time. I am also from a sb background, so yes it is the papers and all of the embellies. Well, the new tools too. Ok, it's everything....lol...Have a great day, Lisa

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cutie! love the felt stars and the wood grain background. wonderful boy card! i have a hard time making those. thanks for sharing :)! have a great monday!

jacque4u2c said...

Just ADORABLE! Love the felt star cut outs too!

♥Rach♥ said...

I'm with you, I just LOVE to see what all the stores are coming out with. There are some AWESOME new border punches coming out, but I can't possibly buy anymore. Such a dilemma!!! I'm with you, I love the smiley eyes too, great card!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Love the image. Have a very nice week :)

crafty amy said...

He is adorable and I see what you mean about those eye :D
The new papers look great I wish I could go to the show the more I hear the better it sounds like it will be.

Hugs

Amy xx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Too cute! Love the felt stars with brads!

Happy Monday :)
hugs, margie

MarkerGeek said...

So cute. Love this, Amy! The little stars are fab!

Stamping Cafe said...

Super duper adorable, Amy! Love the felt stars and the wood grain paper! Have a fabulous week!

donna mikasa said...

Sweater Ian looks cozy cute! Love all the different background papers and I can't wait to hoard the newest papers, too!

kris said...

Oooh! Ian is makes me feel warm he looks so cozy... Love your design today and i just LOVE that sentiment... Fabulous card girl!! Have a wonderful day! hugs, Kris

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful Ian card!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

hey Amy! Sorry I haven't been around in a few days. Just now catching up to your blog and the beautiful things you've been up to! LOVE your sweater Ian! And that sentiment is WONDERFUL...I couldn't agree more!!!

Unknown said...

How cute, Amy! Love the sentiment and those stars! Most likely I will go to the show this Friday or Saturday. It's close by. I have never been to one.

Kellie said...

He's adorable Amy and as always perfectly coloured! Such a fun and funky boys card! I must go and check out your links to see these papers, but I know I will want, Want, WANT as soon as they come out if I do and there will go my New Years resolution, hehe!
Hugs Kel xx

Alice said...

I sure hope that they make Sweater Anya and Ian into rubber!! your card is so adorable, Amy!!

all the brands that you mentioned are my favorites, too!! LOL! thanks for the links to those yummy new products!! =)

Denise said...

He is so handsome!!! Love your coloring. This is a very cute card, love the layout & the colors go so well together.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

RiNNE said...

Buwahahahahahaha! This is my imagining you at CHA! Your blog would then be called 'A Million Sheets of Paper!!'. Hehe, I'm the same way! Cute card- the stars finish it off nicely and the striped PP is awesome with his sweater :).

Juls said...

gorgeous card!! perfect for those chaps!! Hugs Juls

WickedPixie said...

Super cute card, Amy!! And thanks so much for the links to the sneak peeks!! I LOVE sneak peeks of new paper from my favorite companies!! :-)Traci