Thursday, November 4, 2010

Black and white for Christmas?

Hiya!

My card today is for this week's Lil Lolita Boutique challenge and it is to use black, white and one other color. I chose red as my +1 because I thought I could still manage to get a Christmas card out of it and thanks to this gorgeous Girl's Paperie paper I did just that. I have to say, this Tinsel & Twig line has quickly become my absolute fave new Christmas paper released this year. So don't be surprised to see me use a lot more of it over the next few weeks. ;)

With paper picked out now my dilemma was in choosing just the right Lolita to go with the elegant look of the rest of the card. I know that I've mentioned before that the Lil Haunt Ghost Willow is my favorite version of Willow to date (I'm pretty sure it is that beautiful, long flowy hair) and I wanted to try using her for Christmas. That's when I came across 30's Lylah with her fantastic coat... hmmmm... perhaps a bit of head swapping was in order. So because I was working with the digi versions of each stamp I was able to flip Willow around in order for her to be facing the direction I needed her to and then I just made sure to print them both out at the same size. Once that was done all it takes is a good pair of scissors to cut off the pointy part of her hood and then chop off her head (as well as Lylah's) then make the switch. Not too hard at all! I think this switcheroo works pretty well because now it just looks like Willow is wearing a hooded coat and she is ready to go out caroling. :)

If this sounds like too much work don't despair! There are brand new Christmas Lolita and Lads ready and waiting to make their debut next week and I promise the wait will be worth it! In the meantime, why not enter the LLB challenge this week and get a chance at winning your choice of five digis?!

Alrighty friends I'm outta here, chat at ya later!



Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Girl's Paperie (Tinsel & Twig)
digi stamps- Tickled Pink (Ghost Willow and 30s Lylah)
stamp- Paper Trey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Victoria Lynn pearl sprays
ribbon
Copic multiliner black 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
E000, E00, E11, R20, R24
hair- E50, E51, E53
eyes- G82, G94, G99
clothes- R27, R29, E07, N5, N7, N9, G07, G28, G29, E40, E41, 0

31 comments:

Melissa S said...

Too cute Amy! Wonderful altering!

angelique (anlou) said...

wow that's a gorgeous card hun
the image is so cute
hugs angelique

Rosa Forino said...

wow amy !!!! that's a gorgeous card

noomiy said...

wow! like a background! :) lovely!

Jamie N. said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! I love the layout. It looks like an ornament...is it supposed to? And the color scheme is just fabulous.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love that paper. TFS.

Michelle said...

Amy you are so creative with your altering! Fantastic card!

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful Christmas card, amy! love how you've altered her, so awesome!! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Renkata said...

wow Amy you clever girl. Amazing job. Love how you used the body of Lilah.
Fantastic card.

Me said...

Gorgeous card,cute image.

Grtzz Marjon

Mirna Camacho said...

love it!

Maria Therese said...

wow this card is really stunning!! Looove everything about it ♥

ChickieChirps said...

She's gorgeous Amy... I love the red coat!

Arabella

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card!!!!

I used some of the papers I won here some time ago for my card. I also got my inspiration from you! :)

Saskia :)

RiNNE said...

Such a beauty! I love the classic colors -- you totally rocked this challenge! And the paper pierced book just ties in everything!

Joy said...

very cute card. I do love the DP you used as it really stands out. cute coloring of the image as well. hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Shirley N said...

Ohhh, this is a beauty Amy! Love the DPs and your gorgeous coloring and layout!

Karyn S said...

wow! I love how you do the mix and match thing with images - I dont have the patience (or the knowledge)! gorgeous card!

Mette said...

Just genius Amy. I am totally too scared of trying to alter anything like this but you make it look so fabulous. This card is so gorgeous. Love the papers and lay-out. Can't wait to see the new images.

Hugs, Mette

Bron said...

Is is soo cute. You are such a clever lady love hiw you switch the heads and bodies around. Those papers are so nice. Hugs from bron xox

Juls said...

wow this is just stunning! HUgs Juls

WickedPixie said...

Ok, you know I love this card and your version of the stamp right? Because I was trying to buy her yesterday and wondering why I couldn't find her!!! Absolutely Fabulous!! :-)Traci

Jacilynn said...

I saw this on the challenge blog the other day and loved it. I had to go to the store to see what stamp this was...now I see it was your creation ;)She should make this into a stamp. I love it!

Christiana said...

So cute! I love that she's holding Christmas music!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE! THis is so darn cute. Loved it! Have a great weekend!
~Heidi Brawley

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I love her in her red coat! This is super adorable. I will have to play this one. LOVE, love your choice of paper. Don't think I have ever seen these before. Hugs, Lisa

donna mikasa said...

Love the switcheroo! She looks fabulous in that red coat and the papers are perfect--especially the music background!

Alice said...

so pretty and elegant! wow!

Kylie said...

Gosh - what a stunner! I love Willow's head on Lylah's bod. Very clever. Such a classy and elegant card.
Hugs
Kylie

Leanne said...

woo hoo!!! the altered image is awesome!!! Kellie needs to add this one to her set.. hahaha.. Great card Amy, so beautiful. Hugs,

stephanne said...

My heart fluttered upon seeing this!! What a grand idea, she looks amazing with her songbook and beautiful colours. We should name her, how about Wyllah?