Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Season's greetings

Olo!

It's Tuesday and you know what that means... Glee night! I'm totally intrigued to see how Gwyneth Paltrow does as the substitute teacher. I know she sang in that movie, Duets, but I've yet to watch it so I don't know what she will be like. And if that wasn't exciting enough, today is also supposed to be the release day for the Glee Christmas album! Woot, woot! I am SO going up to Wally World after work where hopefully they will have it out by then. I say hopefully because my local Walmart has been pretty lame about getting things out in a timely manner. So I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high about listening to new tunes on my drive home tonight. ;)

My card today features the new Beanie Anya from The Greeting Farm. I got my order of new stamps late last week and I've been dieing to ink them up and play... they are all just so cute! Now you may have noticed that altered Beanie just a bit by giving her a hair cut. Being a short haired girl myself I just thought the look would suit her. I also drew in little silver skates on the bottoms of her boots to make it look like she was skating on a pond with the trees reflecting on the ice. I think it makes for a pretty peaceful and serene little scene. :)

Ok, time for me to get ready for work... wish me luck on the new Glee cd! LOL

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Sassafras Lass
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Beanie Anya), Creative Cafe (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart snowflake punches
Kaiser Craft gems
EK Success border punch
EK Success silver pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E35, E37, E57, E59
clothes- B0000, B41, B21, R05, E08, E07, E40, E41, E50, E30, 0, YG93, YG95, YG97

19 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Bought it off Amazon's MP3 site this morning and it's pretty good! Something "different" and fun :0)

Love this card, the color scheme/papers are just beautiful and I love the altering on Anya!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy! She is just adorable! I love her blue wintery feel. She looks like she could skate all day listening to her Christmas sound track of Glee... I have to admit that today can not go fast enough for me. I am so ready to get my new Glee CD and to watch the show tonight. I have watched last weeks about 8 times now. I have also listened to some of tonights music and Madison gets so mad at me for listening before it is actually on. heehee What can I say I just can't wait. I don't know if you've seen any of the previews, so I won't spoil it but lets just say I know you are going to love it when Mr Shue goes Green. heehee I can't wait to hear what you think. Hugs and wishes that Walmart makes your deadline, Lisa

Kimberly S said...

What a sweet Winter scene Amy, love it! :)

Rosa Forino said...

buona fortuna!!! te la meriti!!!
adoro questa card è ricca di colori come piacciono a me...ciao

martina's kaartjes said...

She's cute ! great card ! lovely
greetings, martina
x

Shaela said...

this is beautiful! I love the soft colors... this card is so wintery. :) good luck finding the cd! :)

Carisa said...

she is so adorable amy!!! i just love her with the short hair, i'm going to have to give that a try next time i play with her. :) thanks for the tip on the glee xmas album - i had NO idea! i'm off to itunes to download it immediately now. hehe GL at wally world!

Leanne said...

I love her short hair!! And to add those skates is perfect. Love the scene you've created Amy. Happy hunting to you on finding the Glee CD. I'm gonna check mine today, thanks for the reminder! Have a wonderful day!! And thanks for always leaving lovely comments on my posts. I so enjoy reading them! Hugs,

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card, Amy. I love the short hair and skates. I thought the reflection of the trees looked beautiful.

Jessica Diedrich said...

awww I love Beanie on skates w/ her haircut, LOL! Too cute! Gwyneth, well, she didn't get boo'd off the CMA's which is pretty rare when an outsider comes in, esp one frrom Hollywood-so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised ;) Have fun!

Danni said...

Adorable! Love all the different snowflakes!

Shirley N said...

She's so cute, love her haircut. And I love how you colored her!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, I love the soft wintery feel you have goin' on here! Beanie looks fab with her cool haircut and skates! The tiny alterations you make pack such a punch! :-)Traci

RiNNE said...

Ahhhhhh, thanks for the reminder!! Can't wait to get it myself! Hope you got it after work.

Beautiful scene! Love the ice skates & the short hair -- she does look like you! Lovely snowflakes!

~* steph :) *~ said...

very sweet card, amy! i love the soft wintery colors, the beautiful snowflakes scattered around with their pretty bling centers. and the adorable altered image. love her cute hairdo and beanie! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful wednesday! *hugs* steph :)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

She's so cute! I love how you've altered her.

Allison said...

Cute snowflake sprinkles! I have not been around much lately but I must say that I still peek at your cards when I get time! I love the latest birthday set, that little candle-bug is adorable. Happy Birthday to all in Sweet November Land!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Totally cute!! I love her new "do". Fun and fresh!!

Alice said...

love her short hair. such a pretty card, Amy!