Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Angela!

Hello and good morning!

Can you believe it is almost December? Where did this year go?! Well, at least with the new month closing in that means brand new Sweet November Stamps previews are about to begin!
It also means that I've got December's SN guest gal to introduce you to before we dive into all those wonderful candies! ;)

So without further ado please let me introduce you to the fabulously talented Angela Sowell! I have been a long time fan of Angela and her AMAZING way with Copic markers. She achieves such depth and richness of color with her images that it always leaves me in awe! And her talents don't end there... I also love how Angela isn't afraid to play with texture and dimension in her card embellishing to create a lovely vintagey feel. So pretty!

Ok, time for my favorite part of the spotlight... the crazy, fun SN questionnaire!

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
Not for sure which color represents my personality, but my favorite color is green and it always puts me in a good mood.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
Yes, when it come to colors as my favorite colors to create with are warm colors. I think I have the color Chocolate brown in every room in my house, mixed with other colors too. I think my card making differs from each card as I don’t really have a style when it comes to creating.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?

When stamps come in the mail!! Who doesn't love getting new stamps to play with.

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?

1920’s or 1930’s as I love the style then.

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?

I would pick a fairy. I’d love to be able to fly up in the trees and look down on the beauty that surrounds me, but my kids would say a troll. As I can be a tough mom at times… not really.. they just think so when they don’t get their way.

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?

I would have to say Rachel as I have a big heart and at times people can take advantage of that.




Now it's time to share Angela's magical Twisted Sisters card and how it inspired mine for today.
The biggest design idea that I took was her use of not one, not two but three images on a single card! The interaction between the different characters was just too fun not to try out. :)
The general layout design is also lifted straight from her card, as well as the long vertical block housing the sentiment.

Angela will be joining Traci, Rachel and myself in the December Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! This new release is sure to have you longing for a white Christmas so be sure to come back and take a peek! ;)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- October Afternoon (Very Merry)
digi stamps- Sweet November (Angel Babies)
stamp- Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Colorbox dark brown and creamy brown, Tim Holtz antique linen
Sticko epoxy heart sticker (from Rach!) :)
star gem
EK Success gold pen
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, E13
hair- E44, E47, E57, E79
clothes- R0000, R000, R00,, B0000, B000, B00, YG0000, YG00, YG01, E40, E41, 0, G0000, G000, E50, E30, R05, R08, E09, Y11, Y15, Y26, Y28

19 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

Oh Angela's card is FABULOUS! Love the colors and papers, it's really awesome :0) Great take on her card Amy, love how you worked with the layout!

chrilvian said...

oooooo i loeve the twisted sisters
i have azalea
i hope i get some more with sinterklaas

angelique (anlou) said...

the twisted sister are just amazing
i realy love these images
your cards are stunning as always sweetie
i can't wait for the sneak peaks
hugs angelique

Sudha said...

Cute work Amy.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards! :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

wow, wonderful vintagey warm feel to angela's card! love how she used that DP.
your card is just so super cute and sweet, amy! love the angels and the sentiment with the cute heart sticker! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!
*hugs* steph :)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I love your take on Angelas card. What a sweet Christmas card. I have always love these stamps and I forgot I have them. Time to get my Christmas cards on. heehee...I also loved reading your take on Angela's cards. I am always trying to find the words to tell her how I love the depth to her coloring. I so agree with you she has such an eye and talent when it comes to her coloring. Have a great day. We actually got in the 30's yesterday and it felt so warm! Hugs, Lisa

Tonje said...

Love both cards! The angels are so cute...

RiNNE said...

Congrats, Angela! Awesome coloring and card!

Love the angels, Amy. This card puts me in a serene mood and makes me wanna sing!

donna mikasa said...

Angela's card is quite awesome! And I love your take with your Angel Babies--their pastel gowns are so sweet!

Angela said...

Thanks for the sweet comments on my creations Amy. And thanks for letting me be a part of your previews. It's almost time!!
I love your take on my card. Those little singing angels are so adorable. Love the little heart you added to match their gowns/dresses.
Hugs:)
Angela

Carisa said...

wow wow wow, i love angela's vivid colors and you are crazy right about the way she uses her copics!!! gorgeous. i also love how sweet your card is wiht those cute little angels. looking forward to seeing more sneak peeks!

WickedPixie said...

Yay! Welcome Angela! I agree, Angela's color and use of texture is out of this world and your card inspired by hers is delightful! :-)Traci

Alice said...

wow! Angela's card is amazing! love your happy version, too!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... both cards are fabulous, love them both!

Larisa said...

Fantastic cards))) Love them both!

Unknown said...

Awww these are gorgeous, love the first one its so colourful but the second is so sweet and angelic xx

Leanne said...

YAY ANGELA!!! She's a wonderful addition for this month. :)

Shirley N said...

I lovelovelove my card, thanks so much Amy! Your Angel Babies are so precious, I just adore them!!!