Sunday, November 21, 2010

All I want for Christmas is you

Hello, hello!

It pretty much snowed all day yesterday and there is more still to come but thankfully I've got today off so I don't have to worry about going anywhere. It's also my birthday today and my sister has promised to make a German Chocolate cake for my par-tay tonight... should be good times! Until then though, I plan on holing up in my craft room and playing the day away! :)

Before I get to my card for the day I still haven't heard from a couple of the Sweet November Birthday candy winners...

The winner of Birthday Boy from my blog is- Tonia
The winner of Penelope and Fiesta from Rinne's blog is- Frea

Tonia and Frea, I need to hear from you with your mailing addys by Thursday or I am going to draw two new winners. You can email me at: pete_danger@hotmail.com

Ok, card time... today I altered Cheeky Nurse from The Greeting Farm to turn her into a cheeky li'l gal holding some mistletoe. I just wiped away her stethoscope using a baby wipe and then drew in the mistletoe. Oh and I also wiped away her original eyebrows and traced Cheeky Glamour's brows onto her for a softer look. Once I had that down she kinda reminded me of a 'sexy' version of Mary from "It's a Wonderful Life" so of course I had to give her brown hair, LOL! Now I'm wondering if every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings, what happens every time a couple kisses under the mistletoe? heeheehee ;)

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/chipboard accents/die cut- My Mind's Eye
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Nurse)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
My Mind's Eye bling border
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Liquid Applique
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, W1, W3
hair- E35, E37, E57, E59
clothes- R27, R29, E19, E18, C5, C7, C9, YG95, YG97, YG67, E30, E31, E40, E41, 0

36 comments:

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card!

Jennifer

RiNNE said...

Happy Birthday, Amy!!! Have fun today and tonight! May all of your wishes come true!!! Cute card! I love that tag-- it's perfect! And your altering is tres, tres cool!! Hope my gift reaches you soon! Hugs!

Nancy Thomas said...

So cute - I love your use of the MME diecut. Happy Birthday Amy! I hope you have a great fun filled day. Crafting and chocolate sounds like a great combination!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card So pretty with the paper tearing..

♥Rach♥ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have fun with your fam and your German chocolate cake :0)

LOVE this! Your altering is fabulous and now I want to try that with her, though there's no way it'd be as good, lol! Love the little checklist tag too.

Renkata said...

Happy Birthday dear Amy!
Wish you a lot of happiness and joy!
Have a wonderful day!
The card is just so cute!
Hug's
Renkata

cowboydutrem said...

Happy Birthday! Love your card, especially the coloring of the hair!

Maria Therese said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa said...

Happy Birthday.

Tress said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a fantastic day (despite the snow, lol)!

Shaela said...

darling card! Your cheeky alteration is beautisul. :) Have a happy happy birthday and enjoy that cake!!

Danni said...

You are awesome! How creative and clever to always alter the images! This is so cute!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Happy Birthday Amy!

Your card is supercute and I love how you've altered Cheeky Nurse.

angelique (anlou) said...

hi amy
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you sweetie
i hope you had a lovely day hun
your card is stunning as always
hugs angelique

Jacilynn said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with cards and stamps with us!
great cards.
BTW, I was wondering where you buy your pergamano stamps from?

gobeagirl said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Sneaky girl! This is an adorable card. I just love the cheeky girls and she looks perfect for Christmas. I hope that you have a wonderful Birthday. Eat a piece of that cake for Jerry ok. It is his favorite. lol...It snowed her yesterday for 2 hours, but it sure didn't stick. Suppose to have more today, but it still has not gotten over 25 degrees yet. Hugs, Lisa

Shirley N said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I hope you get everything you wanted on your birthday check list! Cheeky Nurse is adorable, love how you altered her in your beautiful card. Have a wonderful day!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

happy happy birthday, amy!!! hope you have a wonderful day filled with lots of smiles :)!
love your cheeky card! too cute. great papers and love those ornaments!
thanks for sharing and have an awesome day!
*hugs* steph :)

Christine said...

Happy birthday, Amy!! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Wonderful card, I love how you altered her!

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday Amy. Have a great day!!

donna mikasa said...

Happy Birthday, Amy! You really are a Sweet November gal! Hope you have a wonderful, snowy birthday and that German Chocolate cake sounds heavenly! Love your altered Cheeky gal, too! Enjoy today!

Robin said...

Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy that cake!! Robin

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Have a wonderful day celebrating and enjoy that German chocolate cake!

The altered image is so adorable! Love that velvet red dress! Have a fabulous day! ;)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I can't ghink of a better way to celebrate than to craft! Love how you altered this cheeky.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. TFS.

Kimberly S said...

Love your alterations, so cute and perfect! Fabulous card Amy. :)

Loz said...

Hope you're having a fabulous birthday Amy! Love your gorgeous altered image ♥

Lynne in NI said...

Happy Birthday Amy, hope you're having a fabulous day! (I'm liking the sound of that chocolate cake!!)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Big hugs :)

Sue D said...

Happy Birthday--mine is tomorrow!
Very cute card.

Leanne said...

Happy Birthday Amy!! You're probably knee deep into that German chocolate cake or dancing the night away hopefully to the Glee Christmas CD. Hope today was wonderful, you deserve it all.
Love the alteration of Cheeky nurse. She's perfect for this fabulous card.
Happy Birthday hon, big hugs!!

Billie A said...

Hay Happy Birthday Amy gee mine was yesterday and sounds like you live in WA State also..Cool. Hope your birthday is great.
Love your card so cute. TGF has such cool images and I love seeing the cards made. This is so cute.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This looks so good I love her!! Fabulous layout and dp too!!
Kristy xo

Alice said...

you are a genius at altering, girl! (i think i said that 100 times already, but you are!) this is fabulous! love it!

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! Happy Late birthday! What a fantastic card - I love the alteration! :-)Traci

Tasha said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Amy, happy belated birthday wishes!

This is so cute! What a fantastic idea to use cheeky nurse, as always your alteration rocks
love tasha xx