Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rockin' around the Christmas tree

Mornin' friends!

I am sad to report that my Walmart let me down once again... no Glee Christmas cd out yet, sigh. :(

But I don't give up easily so I will be heading back up there after work tonight and hopefully I'll have better luck then. Speaking of Glee... I thought last night's episode was okay but not a top fave or anything. Though I was pleasantly surprised about how well Gwyneth held her own and the mash-up at the end was fun. :)

Alrighty time to move on to my card for today and this one is for the LLB challenge. It's an open Christmas theme and you may be surprised to see that with this theme I didn't even use one of the fab new Christmas Lolitas! You see I got an idea in my head to use Sookie after listening to the old Brenda Lee, "Rockin' around the Christmas tree" song on the radio the other day. So I cut the microphone out of her hand and cut up a some silver ribbon and tied it on little knots to create the garland that she's getting ready to string on the tree. I thought her outfit even worked because her sweater could be one of those crazy Christmas sweaters that Grannies love to give, LOL!

Anywho, I had a lot of fun with this one and I'm sure you will too if you play along with us this week! So pull out a Lolita and get your Christmas groove on! :)

Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- KI Memories and Bella Blvd
stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita Sookie)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart border punch
gems
Doodlebug alpha rub-ons
silver ribbons
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, RV25
eyes- E55, E57, E59
hair- E30, E31, E33, E35
clothes- Y13, Y15, Y17, YG03, YG25, YG17, W5, W7, W9, R05, R08, E19, RV13, RV14, RV25

23 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

What a fun idea! love it!

At The Top Of The Cloud said...

Beautiful card!!! I like it!!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I love this card! What a great idea. I really love the differant colored gems. They remind me of the tree lights. I have to report that my Walmart was a bust last night at well! I had a really nice sales girl looking all over, but she said they had all the Christmas pallets in the way back and she wasn't allowed to get them out. I don't get it! Anyway, I really loved last night. I got sick of Sue and Will's ex-wife, but I love Singing in the Rain so it was really fun for me. Hope your day goes fast so you can listen to wonderful music on the way home. :O) hugs, Lisa

{VICKI} said...

great card

Zarah said...

Absolutely adorable! So much fun to use a non-Xmas-stamp like that - she fits perfectly with that sentiment! :D

Angela said...

Oh this is too cute and we listen to Brenda Lee alot at Christmas time which will start on Thanksgiving as that's when we start putting up or tree and decoratiing our house. I think Sookie looks so cute rockin around the Christmas tree. Oh and hopefully Wal-Mart will have the CD when you get there. I missed it last night as I have 2 sick kids to attend to.
Hugs:)
Angela

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love that she's decorating it.

Tabitha said...

Super cute and yeah my mom has a couple of those sweaters. Thankfully she hasn't thought to give them as gifts, yet. LOL

Jacilynn said...

how cute! I love this stamp and sentiment. I loved last nights glee. thought it was the best of the season so far.

Mimi said...

Cute idea with Sookie holding the ribbon... and how you made it into a garland! Great colors! ;)

Renkata said...

Dear Amy, this is just so holly jolly crd. Love the idea and the design.

Shazza said...

gorgous card, love it x

scrapn_momof2 said...

Adorable card Amy. Love that image.

RiNNE said...

SO '80s!!!! Love the paper...looks like it's kind of a spotlight on her! And her sweater is too, too cool! What a fun scene!

Sorry about your CD. And I agree about yesterday's episode...i also thought it was just ok.

chrilvian said...

gorjuzzzzz
love the martha s punch

Unknown said...

Very cool Amy, I really like your rockin' christmas idea!! Sookie looks very awesome:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Sharon said...

Cute. I love what you did with the ribbon.

Alice said...

you are a genius at altering, Amy! LOOOOOOOVE this!

Lau W said...

Oh it's fun ! excelent idea !
xxx

Bron said...

What a fun card Amy. Great idea. Hugs from Bron xo

Larisa said...

wow!!! It is so funny! Great job! Very bright and beautiful!!! Love all your works! I wiish I could do the same))) But my hands grow from another place... ha-ha..

WickedPixie said...

Brilliant use of this image!! I love the bright fun colors and feel to this! :-)Traci

Crafty Jenn said...

This is soooo clever! I love the cool border punch too.

<3 Jenn