Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dear Santa...

Well friends, it's official... the snow has arrived.
It started as I was coming home from work last night and was still snowing by the time I went to bed. I admit that it makes for some beautiful scenery but man oh man, I just wish I didn't have to drive through it! Alas, I must head to work in a bit so it will be slow going in for me... I'm a "better safe than sorry" kind of driver once the white stuff hits the roads which drives some of my fellow commuters crazy, I'm sure! ;)

Anywho, enough of making you listen to me whine about the weather... time to move onto my card for today. It's a simple one using the 'Making a List' Pure Innocence stamp. I think she looks like she's writing a letter to Santa and had to pause for a moment to remember all the toys on her list. :) And can you believe this card is made without any pattern paper? Yep, it's all cardstock and old packaging from some clear stamps that I got years ago, which of course was too cute to throw away! LOL
So here it is, finally fulfilling it's crafty destiny and I have one less scrap in my scrap folder... yeah!

Ok, time for me to bundle up and get ready to face that wintry wonderland out there. Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Making Memories green dot packaging
stamp- Pure Innocence (Making a list)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
ribbon
brads
Sizzix Basic Grey embossing folder
Doodlebug alpha rub-ons
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E35, E37, E57, E59
clothes- YG11, G20, YG93, E50, E30, 0, E40, E41, E44, E47, E49, R27, R29, E09, Y35, Y38, R21, R22

14 comments:

gobeagirl said...

This is so sweet! I love the colors. What a beautiful shade of green. It looks like the ribbon and the paper are part of a pack they go together so well. Well haven't gotten our snow yet. They say tomorrow. I hope you don't get too much. Have a great day and drive safely. Hugs, Lisa

Rosa Forino said...

adorabile....

Nancy Thomas said...

Cute! Love the colors and the big sentiment. Be careful driving!

Kimberly S said...

What a sweetie! Love it Amy! You always have such fabulous inspiration waiting. :)

Rhonda Miller said...

How cute. I love that image and the embossing. TFS.

Tabitha said...

Lovely card, love the embossing on the red. Thanks for sharing.

Danni said...

Super cute!!

Andrea C said...

this is adorable and so vibrant x

donna mikasa said...

You are the most resourceful recycler ever! And you still manage to make the cutest cards. Hope you're having a great weekend and find that elusive CD!

Shaela said...

adorable card!! but i don't envy you the white stuff - I hate driving through it too and am happy I don't have to worry about it anymore!

Alice said...

adorable! love that you recycled the old packaging! superb card!

Renkata said...

So cute and lovely, I just want to know what she wrote to him :) hihihihiih

WickedPixie said...

I am going to out whine you - I wish it would snow here! Last week it was too cold to snow - below zero - and last night it warmed up enough for everything to turn to a big sheet of ice!
Your card is so absolutely sweet! I love it! :-)Traci

Tasha said...

Too cute Amy, loving the alphas you used and the super cute image!
love tasha xx