Friday, November 26, 2010

Peace & love

Good morning!
I hope those celebrating had a truly wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! :)
I'm enjoying one more day off today but you won't catch me braving the Black Friday shopping crowds... no sir-ee. I tend to get a bit claustrophobic in big crowd situations so no deal is worth that stress for me. Luckily there are plenty of Cyber Monday deals to be had! ;)

So today I've got a card that is playing double duty as a Tickled Pink preview and the last Lil Lolita Boutique challenge. I've had this 'big head' Kellita semi-colored ever since I made my straight hair Copic tutorial a few months back (it took me three tries before I got the video right). Anywho, I thought that she would pair nicely with these brand new Christmas Sentiments stamps that will be available in rubber only at the Tickled Pink store very soon. They are designed by the talented Ann Vento. Not only are there new stamps but Kellie is also bringing you a first to Tickled Pink Stamps, our very own DIE! How exciting is that! This die will go around the frame stamp you'll see in some of the other Pink Ladies previews. And if you would like a chance at winning this fabulous sentiment set and the die just be sure to leave a comment over on the Tickled Pink blog and then don't miss the blog hop tomorrow as well!
Now I also used the sketch from the very last Lil Lolita Boutique challenge that is running this week. If you've been playing along with us don't be sad... we've got big plans to bring you a brand new challenge, one that will include all of the ever expanding range of images available from Tickled Pink Stamps. :)
Until then, why not pull out a Lolita and join us in this final LLB challenge... the prize this week is your choice of five rubber stamps from the Tickled Pink Store!
Toodles!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper/die cut- My Mind's Eye (Snowed In)
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Kellita)
stamp- Tickled Pink (Christmas sentiment)
ink- Colorbox dark brown and Tim Holtz antique linen
buttons
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
eyes- BV23, BV25, BV29
hair- E33, E35, E57, E59, E79
clothes- BG10, BG11, BG0000, R05, R08, E07, YG91, YG93, YG95, E40, E41, 0



22 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

As always, I love the way you color the hair... This lolita with her large eyes really seems peaceful...

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is super sweet. I love her hair and the way you have colored her. The papers are awesome as well. I am heading out to work again, so even if I had the big bucks, lol I wouldn't be out and about with all the crowds either. I did get a ton of emails for online stores that boy oh boy it's a good thing I don't have any extra cash or the kids and Jerry would be getting crafing items for Christmas. lmbo....Have a wonderful day off. Hugs, Lisa

Larisa said...

Oh, Amy, she is so pretty!!! Great image!!! Love your cards))

Renkata said...

This is such a sweet and cute card.

Lau W said...

Very sweet card, love colors you used !
xxx

Unknown said...

Awww this is super booootiful , she is so sweet, love the colouring, especially of her hair with those highlights looks awesome xxx

Juls said...

so stylish! I love the duck egg blue with the red! HUgs Juls

~* steph :) *~ said...

very pretty, amy! love your coloring and the pretty papers! i don't like crowds either. hope you have a wonderful day off! *hugs* steph :)

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous Amy, her hair is so beautifully coloured, must check out your tutorial x

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful card and I really like the close-up of the image

Maria Therese said...

Amazing coloring of the hair!! Gorgeous card!!!

Loz said...

oh, I love this one! ♥

Karyn S said...

I just love this Kellita image - one of my favourites. you have done an amazing job with the colouring! gorgeous card.

WickedPixie said...

You breathe life into these lovely images!!
So, are the new stamps available in rubber only, or at the Tickled Pink store only? I keep reading it each way and can't decide which it is supposed to be! :-)Traci

Carisa said...

i adore this!!! her eyes are gorgeous. i need to get some more BV's to try it out. it's been AWESOME being on a DT with you & i hope we'll be on another one again sometime. you know i'll still be "stalking" your blog as i'm a big fan of everything you do!!! ;)

Alice said...

so pretty! thanks for reminding me about this paper pack! LOL! gotta go and dig it out! hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving and hope your weekend is wonderful! =)

Saskia said...

So beautiful and so elegant!!!

Saskia :)

RiNNE said...

I loved the video on how to color this Lolita's hair! Very pretty card. For Black Friday, I went to one store around 2. Thankfully, it wasn't that crowded and I got up to 75% of my shopping done! ;)

Leonie said...

O Amy I so LURVE your big head lolitas and this is no excetion. Totally gawjuss! love your take on the sketch too. great job.
I have enjoyed working with you even if it has only been for a short while!
Love your work!!
Hugs Leonie

Jacilynn said...

your coloring is amazing. love this card. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Beautiful colors and the layout is perfect! :D

I had such a fun time being on the Lil Lolita Boutique design team together and getting to know everyone! It's been grand and I'll see you around in blog land. ;D 'Till then... cheers!

Alleena Burger said...

I love this card aqnd the way you have coloured in Kellita. I have been a fan of yours almost as long as I have been in Blog land and was so excited to be working alongside you. I really admire your work and your ability to alter images. So although it is farewell to the LLB Challenge I will still be visiting you regularly even if I don't alway comment. Thanks for your inspirational work!!