Saturday, September 17, 2011

Halloween Wishes

Good morning!

I'm enjoying a weekend off so I've been taking advantage of the free time and trying to finish up some cards using the images that I've been coloring for my Copic videos. The first one that I got onto a card was this sweet and slightly spooky little Gorjuss Girl that I altered into a wizard for Halloween. If you would like to see the 'warm grey' Copic video that I did with her you can check it out here or on the Color Me Copic blog.

This is one of those times when I went a bit crazy creating an entire scene using a mix of different stamps so when it came to creating the card I thought it best to keep things simple. A single sheet of pattern paper, some twine and a cool skully flower and that was all it needed. :)
To create the night sky, I masked the GG then just sponged some Distress Inks over top. I love how it turned out, though it is a bit matchy-matchy to her hair... hopefully she doesn't blend in too much.

Alrighty, well I'm going to go get a few more things done in the crafty room this morning. Hope your weekend is a blast! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Creative Imaginations (black text)
stamps- Santoro (The Winter's Night Gorjuss Girl), Hero Arts (sentiment), Inkadinkado (cat/tree), SEI (Eerie Alley bats)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Tim Holtz Chipped Sapphire and Dusty Concord distress inks, Colorbox black pigment
Divine Twine
Making Memories skully flower
Ranger Stardust Stickles
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, YR00, R00, R20
hair- B0000, B000, B00, BV00, V01
clothes- W5, W7, W9, C5, C7, C9, E81, 0
ground- BV23, BV25, BV29

31 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Beautiful scene Amy, love the cat too.

Hugs Ali x

copilarim said...

this this is my fave halloween card so far!!! ;)

love it,
rux

*Successful* said...

The card is mysterious.

*Successful* said...

Cat very amusing!

mariska said...

What a beautiful card! Like it.
And...enjoy your free time!!!

Hugs mariska

Mette said...

As always stunning Amy. Love these images and the purple and black work super together. Totally "dig" the flower hehe.

Hugs, Mette

Amy said...

Amazing background and you were right on with keeping everything else simple. Beautifully done!

Amy

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Amy, love your background scene, it is stunning. Enjoy your weekend off dear. hugs xxx

Saskia said...

Wow! Great 'dark' card!!! :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, I love this. That background is fabulous.

Creations by Shirl said...

What an awesome halloween card Amy!
The skull flower, the image, the cat the background bats- speechless I guess your whole card is phenomenal.... You are one ace cardmaker....
Have a crafty weekend!

♥Rach♥ said...

STUNNING is such an understatement! One of my total favorites of yours, love all the different elements and the skull embellie is the best touch :0)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I hope you are having a great weekend so far. Both the M&Ms have a cold and seem to be sharing with Jerry and me. We decided that just for today we would be lazy, so we all put on our jammies and have been watching movie so far. Walk tomorrow! lol... I love it when you get crazy and make your cards with the scenes on them. This is just wonderful and I love, love her little black cat with her. Too cute! Enjoy your weekend, they go so fast. Hugs, Lisa

Shirley N said...

Love your scene and flower Amy! TFS another fabulous video--you ROCK! Enjoy your weekend off!

Crafty Loops said...

Absolutely brilliant card Amy, I love your colouring of the stamped image and the wee cat is very spooky. Right now our cat, Nimbus is slowing trying to push me off the sofa and it would appear she's winning! Lee xx

Anne-Marie said...

This is a stunning creation...just beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

Amy...your talent just amazes me... Love your cards everyday...

GerJanne said...

Nice and spooky! I think it's a beauty!

GerJanne

Isa said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

RiNNE said...

Ooooh, a lil freaky, a lil spooky. I like it! That skull flower is awesome and so is the sky!!

Marley said...

Spooky!! love it.. hugs Marley

kiselbri said...

Absolutamente ...hermoso!!

SusanLotus said...

Great Halloween-card!

SannaS said...

this is brillianta!! absolutely gorgeous card!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Cindy H. said...

Wow, what an awesome background you created for this sweet image!! I really love how you created the magic aura at the end of the wand.

Andrea said...

Wow, fab colouring - I love the way you've created the sky.
Love, Andrea xx

zehra said...

wow! love the coloring, and the image, such a beautiful card.the background is awesome.

Tindaloo said...

awesome card ~ lovin the scene!

Pendra said...

Amazing... the background and the colors are beautiful!
Crafty hugs,
Pendra

Leanne said...

Woo hoo! This is awesome Amy! I love the sky, and the backdrop is definitely spooky, but so dramatic. Love the way you colored up that Gorjuss gal. An amazing card! :)

Molly said...

Oh my..I really love this!