Thursday, September 15, 2011

Oops!

Hi guys!

I knew going into it that this week was going to be a busy one... lots going on at work and all the fun stuff going on here at the blog. And I was so proud of myself for getting cards made ahead of time, feeling all prepared for each day. That is until I sat down to write up a post for today and realized that I had completely spaced creating anything for this week's new Tickled Pink challenge ... talk about an oops moment! Oy!

So instead I've got a card featuring the digi version of the original Kellita that I made a few months back which was actually featured in the Aussie Copic mini mag, Copicendium. Sammi is a total sweetie and I was really excited when she asked me to contribute a couple cards to the first edition of her magazine. :)

Today lets just pretend that I did some ripping and tearing on this card 'cause that is the challenge over at the TP challenge blog. And if you head on over there you are sure to find plenty of actual inspiration by the rest of the lovely challenge team!

Later gators! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- The Girls' Paperie (Jubilee)
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Lolita Kellita)
stamp- Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
crochet ribbon
Creative Imaginations pearl brads
Heidi Swapp journaling spot
CC Designs Butterfly cutter
Kaiser Craft gems
staples
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E31, E35, E37, E57, E79
eyes- BV23, BV25, BV29
clothes- RV32, RV34, RV29, Y11, Y13, Y15, YR14, YR16, YR18, B000, BG000, BG53, YG03, YG25, YG67

24 comments:

Mette said...

Beautiful card Amy. Love how you have just used a portrait image. Great colours and papers as always. Hope you have a super day.

Hugs, Mette

Crafty Loops said...

Heehee, Im sure you will be forgiven Amy. Your card is beautiful. Live the papers. Really lovely. Lee x

gobeagirl said...

WOW Amy, I love how you have ripped your edged to perfection. I also really love how you have colored Kellita. She truly is adorable. I also love your papers and a Yay!, for you for being in a magazine. Although I have to say it really doesn't surprise me at all. Have a geat day and remember to breath. Hugs, Lisa

Marianne said...

Hehe, I love making Christmas cards, which means I'm often (too) late with creating and sending birthday cards, esp. male ones. Great card, love how you placed Kellita on the foreground. You did some amazing ripping and tearing here. It's so neat it appears to be cut instead, LOL!

SuiLan said...

It's a beauty and as always love you coloring!

Isa said...

Beautiful !!!!

Lau W said...

Congrats for the magazine, wow !
This card is beautiful, colors are lovely !
xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a pretty card Amy! It's like
Kelita just pops out from this card. She's colored up so perfectly.. BTW congrats on the magazine - how exciting that must be for you.... You are one phenomenal card artistry!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a pretty card. I love the image you used. TFS.

Sudha said...

Wow its so pretty. I luv this.

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous♥ Love the shine in her hair and the bow, love how you shaded it..

Hlora said...

Oh, I am falling in love with her eyes!

Larisa said...

She is very pretty! lOve this bright girl!

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat ik zo leuk vind aan deze kaart is dat het papier heel zacht van kleur is en de afbeelding prachtig fel van kleur is en er zo mooier uitspringt
groetjes van corry

kris said...

Adorable!! i love the soft burst of colors and your coloring is superb as always! =D

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow this is a real beauty!

Annette Allen said...

awesome card...love how the image stands out...

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
Beautiful card, love when you go big on the images. You can definitely see the wonderful details in the coloring. Congrats on being featured in Sammi's mag. This is stunning! ;)

Iverova said...

What a nice butterflies and so cute image! Just adorable!!!

RiNNE said...

Beautiful design and papers! Love the quilt effect! And she's colored so gorgeously!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so soft and beautiful, Amy!! Love the tag, and the butterflies!!

Sammi said...

oooh I so love this card.. I was looking at it on my screen thinking I've seen that somewhere before.. hahaha what a duffer I am.. took me a little while to realise!
LOVE the tearing! :)Thanks for the shoutout hun! ooh, and I'm looking for Christmas creations for the next mini mag atm :)

Cindy H. said...

This is just so pretty!! Gorgeous coloring!

Zima said...

What a pretty card! Love the mosaic in the background!