Monday, September 12, 2011

I still believe...

Hi friends!

You'd think we were already in December what with all of the Christmas cards I've been posting lately. And while I'm shifting gears a bit today, it's still looking an awful lot like Christmas. ;)
Today we are actually kicking off sneak peeks of the new clear stamp release at Some Odd Girl. And I'll warn ya now... they are CA-UTE! :)

The first little Christmas Oddie starting everything off is Deer Mae. With her jingle bell necklace, little party dress and festive reindeer antlers she kinda makes me think of that fun girl at the office party. You know the one... sure she may be drinking a little too much eggnog and having a little too much fun but nobody minds because it's Christmas, LOL! :)
As I was searching for the right papers to pair with Mae I found my paper pack of "I believe" papers from My Mind's Eye. I loved the deer in the logo so much that I decided to recycle the packaging a bit and use the whole logo as my card sentiment. Since it was so large I chose to keep the rest of the design nice and simple so that Mae didn't have to compete with anything else as the cards focal point.

There are chances of winning some very cute Christmas stamping goodies just by leaving comments on the SOG challenge blog... you won't want to miss out on that! Plus all the eye candy from the DT is just off the charts. You'll be humming the tune to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer before ya know it! ;)

Alrighty
then, thanks for visiting my little corner of the crafty world today and have a good one!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (I Believe)
stamp- Some Odd Girl (Deer Mae)
CC Designs Fairwee tiny scallop border die
Making Memories poinsettia
Kaiser Craft pearl
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E44, E47, E49
eyes- BG72, BG75, BG18, G29
clothes- E40, E41, 0, R24, E07, E19, C5, C7, C9, YG95, BG10, BG11, BG34, Y11, Y21, Y26, Y28

27 comments:

THERESA said...

This is just so cute, love the background, that was so clever of you!!
lotsa luv

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous ♥♥♥

RiNNE said...

Aaaaaaackkkk!! This is so Cuuuute!! How fittiing that right now we are scouring our local video store for the Bambi video for MK!! Mae looks great on her outfit and antlers!! And I've worn those antler headbands before (not that I've ever been that drunken girl at the party ;)). Your simple touches are perfect!

Unknown said...

it's so beautiful! I like it

Craftdee said...

This is a great card: I love that you used the packaging, my mum used to say "waste not, want not (pick it up and eat it!) lol. This is one cute image, I'm off to check SOG out, Dee

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so adorable! I love your coloring and I think that paper and title are just so stinken cute! Love it. You just make me laugh with your description of the Christmas Parter. lol.... Is this new paper that is still around? You just know how much I love me some MME!

Larisa said...

aaaa!! it is really nice! So fine sentiment on the card! ))

Marianne said...

Adorable image and a gorgeous card. You were so right to recycle that packaging!

Creations by Shirl said...

I believe the SOG image is one cutie... Luv that big eyes of her's and the the sentiment says it all. So pretty Amy!

Unknown said...

This card is so very sweet! The image is too cute for words and what you've done with the packaging is amazing, thanks for sharing xx cara xx

Annette Allen said...

so pretty...

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat een prachtige kaart heb je weer gemaakt,erg mooi papier en het totaal zeer sfeervol
groetjes van corry

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh how sweet.

copilarim said...

i just love this card:)!!!

huggs,
rux

CLaire said...

How cute is she.... adorable.. and another fabulous card... love the backing paper
Brill
Claire x

RiNNE said...

I had to chime in again... Saw your card at the SOG site & gotta say kudos again for that giftbox!!! Tiffany's??!!!!! :) :) :)

Mimi said...

Amy, every card you make is just so perfect!! Deer Mae here is adorable with her antlers! and the papers are PERFECT! Would really love to see your complete stash of papers! Have a fabulous day! :D

Crafty Loops said...

Awww what a beautiful card, I love the image and her wee reindeer horns. Lee x

Tina said...

gorgeous! love it,xx tina

kris said...

ooooohhh!!! this is SWEET!! Love the simple LO with beautiful papers! She's soooo pretty!

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe your card is soo adorable. Love how you colored her up.
Hugs, Heidi B

yvon said...

OMW, this is so stinkin cute. Love her, gorgeous papers.
Hugs, Yvon

SuiLan said...

Aww...She's sooo cute. I adore this card!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is terrific Amy!

callyannc said...

Adorable!!!!!!!
TFS CallyAnn

Leanne said...

Beautiful and sweet Amy. She's gorgeous with her big blue eyes and gorgeous hair. This nice CAS layout with those papers is perfect. Love the poinsettia accent too. ;)

Cindy H. said...

What a cute card!! The image is adorable and I like how you used (recycled?) the paper pack's design name - so clever, and it fits perfectly with the main image!