Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Monster Mania

Happy Tuesday to everyone!

Why is it happy you ask? Because it is Glee night, LOL! ;)

And because it is such a happy day I needed an equally happy card to share. We are doing review previews of the September Sweet November release over on the ATS blog today and I thought that Mumford would be a great choice. Not only does his crazy expression make me smile but I also thought that considering Mumford is mostly white I could easily get away with using some crazy, bright, happy colors with him. And when it comes to paper lines you can't get more cute and colorful than Doodlebug in my opinion. The new Monster Mania papers were a great fit considering Mumford is a little monster himself so I cut them up into a bunch of little squares to create a wonky grid-like background. I think it turned out kinda playful looking, which is what i was going for anyway.

Anywho, don't forget to check out what the rest of the gals have made with the other SN Fiendish Friends over at ATS... I'm sure that they are all monstrously magical!

Later gators! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (Monster Mania)
stamp- Sweet November (Mumford the Mummy)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
The Twinery Twine
Doodlebug stickers and brads
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E70, E71
eyes- BG53, BG49
clothes- V91, W00

23 comments:

Sunflower said...

amazing!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This is Awesoome. Love it all!
Hugs, Heidi

Mette said...

Lol Amy - this is just fabulous. He's just the cutest lil' mummy but unfortunately he doesn't scare me hehe. Love it.

Hugs, Mette

kadie said...

This is super duper cute, Amy! Your stamps always make me smile and then you go and make my smile even bigger with your awesome layouts! Hope you're having a great week so far!

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat heb je weer een schatje gemaakt met al die vrolijke kleuren en een erg leuke stempel!
groetjes van corry

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a fun Halloween card. love all those different papers you used and those sticker's and brads are cute too!

Lau W said...

So cool card, very fun !!!
xxx

Cindy H. said...

Love Mumford. What ever way you accessorize him, he's adorable!!

Crafty Loops said...

I completely agree, Mumford has a wee face that you cant help smile at. And the bright colours look fantastic. Fabulous card. Lee x

Izabela said...

Amy, very funy card. You have great stamps!

Robin said...

Your wonnky grid rocks.... what an awesome background!!!
Robin

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I love that image. TFS.

Juls said...

fabulous!! Love the mosaic look I created. hugs Juls

Danni said...

How fun and I love the bright happy colors!

Aluap said...

What a funny card! And it's so cute!

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Amy!!

Jas said...

So cute! TFS!

SuiLan said...

I gotta tell'ya Amy, I just love this card. The mummy is too cute and with a sentiment like that? Uh, you cannot go wrong on this one. Love it!

gobeagirl said...

Amy I think Mumford looks awesome in his wonderful Monster Mania paper card. lol... Truly love your card and all the color your brought out in it with just the papers. You are as always so talented. Happy Glee day to you. I have been home the last two days sleeping. Gggrrr! Feeling better and so need to head back to work tomorrow. Hugs, Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE it! The squares are such a fun and cute idea and the sayings you added are just perfect for him :0)

Leanne said...

Aw this is awesome Amy! The mish mash of cut squares is a perfect backdrop for Mumford who looks especially awesome! Gr8 sentiment, totally fun! TFS! ;)

Brenda said...

Haha, I love it! Fabulous card!!

RiNNE said...

Super hilarious and way adorable!! Loving the squares of cute pp & your stamp & sentiment made me laugh out loud!! Hahaha!!