Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Is a Witch Laugh a cackle?

Hello, hello!
I hope that your week is off to a nice start. So far September has given us some of the highest temps of the 'summer' here in my neck of the woods. So even if I am ready for fall and all of the Halloween fun that comes with it, it sure seems like Mother Nature is taking her time changing the seasons this year. Oh well, there's no rule saying that I can't start making holiday cards in 90 degree weather. ;)

You may have already seen today's card on the ATS blog during previews last week and it features the newest addition to the Laugh Line of stamps by CC Designs. She is one stylin' Witch let me tell ya and I couldn't wait to share her here as well. When I started putting this card together I wanted to break away from simply using another coordinating Halloween line of papers so I challenged myself to pull papers from my scrap bags. They didn't have to be Halloween patterns just the color combo of orange, purple and green. This ended up being a lot of fun to do and heck, I used up some scraps which is always a bonus! ;)
I also used the new CC Designs Spider Chain Cutter not only as a little border but I cut the cute spiders apart to sprinkle, or should I say creep, across the entire card. Heeheehee!

Well, whatever kinds of cards that you are currently working on I hope that you get plenty of time to craft today.

TTYL! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny (green, purple, grey), We R Memory keepers (orange), Creative Imaginations (orange text)
stamps- CC Designs (Witch Laugh and Halloween sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox black pigment
CC Designs Cutter- Spider Chain
buttons
Sharpie white marker
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, W1, W3, W5
eyes- G99, G29, BG000, 0
hair- Y38, YR04, YR18, E19
clothes- C5, C7, C9, YG03, YG25, YG17, W00, W0, W1, W3, V05, V06, V09, YR14, YR16, YR18, Y35, Y38, YR21, 0

27 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This is soooo adorably cute!!! love it! I got my Sweet November Halloween stamps yesterday! sooooo Awesome. I got this lil girl too. love her spider she is playing with!!!
Hugs, Heidi B.

Rachel G said...

SHe's way too cute to be playing with all those creepy spiders. eek! LOL! Love the scrap colors together. Cute card! It's been cold here at night in Ohio and then high 70's during the day so my windows are getting a workout.

*Successful* said...

Very interesting and cheerful card!

Shorty Creations said...

Super cute card! This little girl is adorable (gotta get her) =D

www.shortycreations.com

Annette Allen said...

LOVE IT....I like all the spiders...
so cool..

chrilvian said...

wonderfull
love the spiders

Unknown said...

This card is ace ! Halloween is my fave time of year so a witchypoo card always wins me over! Thanks for sharing and thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog too xx cara xx

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute and bright - I really like the smattering of spiders too although I only want to see paper ones!

gobeagirl said...

I guess I'll just pretend I am in Hawaii as far as this ridiculous heat goes. OMWord! We took our walk around 7pm Sunday and I was dripping wet from the heat. It was getting super dark by the time we got back but it was still hot then... Anyway, I love your card and your idea of just the plain papers. too cute! She is just adorable and I am really enjoying all these Halloween stamps this year. Love your coloring as always. Hope your day is a great one. No melting! lol... Hugs, Lisa

Lau W said...

Oh so cuuuute girl, love this card, funny and very nice !
xxx

Larisa said...

Fantastic card!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Amy~
As always your cards are definitely only so pretty, coloring is perfecto and gorgeous layout... The only thing "I don't like those eeky spider's" I'm terrified by them...
Hugs:)

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Amy~
As always your cards are definitely only so pretty, coloring is perfecto and gorgeous layout... The only thing "I don't like those eeky spider's" I'm terrified by them...
Hugs:)

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
iedere keer valt mijn mond open van het prachtige kleurwerk wat je steeds maakt,erg mooie en leuke kaart
groetjes van corry

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so cute and colourful! Even all those spiders and the cutely coloured witch aren't too spooky with all the pretty paper layers. I like the tearing!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

What a fun and adorable card, Amy! Adorable witch playing with all the spiders! :) Hugs!!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card...love using up scraps, such a bonus....LOVE the spiders, and great colouring of a really cute witch...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Crafty Loops said...

Fabulous card Amy. For the first time in my life probably, Im going to say I love the spiders!! And thats probably the last time I will ever say I love spiders too, heehee. Lee xx

Shirley N said...

You know I always love your scattered flowers and gems but spiders, eek! Gotta love em too-- adorable card Amy!

Kelly Schelske said...

Too cute is right, love this Amy! love the wee spiders too!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! Don't you love using up scraps?

Unknown said...

Love all the spiders! This is so cute!

callyannc said...

Oh my gosh! This is sooooo cute! Wanna send it to me??LOL Love it! TFS CallyAnn

RiNNE said...

So very neat! The colors are terrific, and those papers worked great! She's such an adorable witch! And those spiders crawling finished the card! And it's hot over here too!

Isa said...

It´s so nice this card and very funny, too !! ..

Leanne said...

Gorgeous card and congrats on using some scraps! I love the colors scheme and the fun layout. This new set of Laugh images are darling, and I love the way the spiders are creeping all over the place! ;)

Cindy H. said...

So adorable!! Love the little witch and all those spiders - eeeek! So glad they are made of paper. BTW, you are so talented with your scissors, too. Can't believe you cutout that little spider that the witch is dangling - great job!