Thursday, September 8, 2011

A stitch or two will do

Why hello there!

Today I've got a card for the new Stitch it Up Challenge over at Some Odd Girl.
Yep, that's right... we want to see you make stitching a big center of attention on your card. It can be hand stitching, machine stitching, faux stitching, or heck a combo of them all! Just don't hide it!

Now guess which of the three ways of achieving this look I went with? Remember... I'm a
laaaaazy crafter, LOL! If you guessed faux stitching then you get a gold star. Yep, believe it or not there isn't a single stitch of actual thread on this card. Instead, I raided my handy dandy stash of rub-ons and found these awesome 'stitched' pumpkins and alphas that I just knew I had to use for a funky Halloween card.
Being very much in the Halloween spirit of things I really wanted to color up Witchy Tia. She is an oldie but goodie
digi image from Some Odd Girl but I had to have her for some of my cards this year.
I just think that she and her kitty friend are totally adorable! I ended up printing them out a bit on the smaller side since so much of the card was already being taken up by my 'stitching'. But I think it gives them the appearance of flying past us at a distance. :)

Alrighty, time for you to pick up the needle and thread (or not heehee) and take on the challenge! You've got until September 20th to enter a card for a chance at winning a fab prize and while you don't have to use a SOG image to qualify, you do get an extra name in the hat come drawing time if you do. :)

Have fun and good luck!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
digi stamp- Some Odd Girl (Witchy Tia)
Colorbox black pigment ink
The Twinery twine
EK Success border punch
Autumn Leaves stitching rub-ons
Creative Cafe rub-on stitches
Kaiser Craft gems
Sharpie White marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E31, e23, E57
eyes- YG03, YG95, YG99
clothes- W5, W7, W9, YR14, YR18, E19, V06, V09, YR21, YR24, YG25, YG67, Y38, YR04
cat- N1, N3, N5
broom- E55, E77, Y21

29 comments:

chrilvian said...

oooooo she is cute
thanks for showing
i have some digies in my head, but didnt know about this one
hmmm think-im-going to shopppp
great card

Chris_P said...

This is sooo cool!!!

Liliya said...

Beauty!!! Very cute card! Love your colouring!

Hlora said...

wow! Fantastic stitching! Maybe I will try to make the same oneday. Thanks for your creative works!)) Love your cards! The images are so cute! Love all of them! ))

Heidi Brawley said...

Ohhh this card is Awesome!!! She is a cutie too. I am not a huge fan of Some Odd Girl but this Witchy Tia is very adorable!!! Your cards are always sooo inspiring too!
Hugs, Heidi B.

Robin said...

Super fun card!!

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
weer een prachtige kaart met dat borduursel maar zelf kan ik dat niet omdat ik maar een oog hebt:-))
groetjes van corry

Shaela said...

This is sooo cute! Love that adorable witch stamp, and I would NEVER have guessed that the stitching wasn't real! :)

RiNNE said...

Fantastic card, Amy! The stitching challenge was well executed! Those rub-ons came in handy! Witch Tis is adorable (can u say that about a witch?).

Lau W said...

Oh this is creative, superb card with this sweet stamp, love the little cat :-))
xxx

SuiLan said...

Wow your cards are soooo beautiful!

Jenny said...

OMG- love this! AND I was totally fooled by your faux stitching!

Cindy H. said...

Love this adorable card!! This sweet image and your gorgeous coloring - Wow! I was amazed that the stitching wasn't real.

Danni said...

So very adorable!! and so clever to use rub-ons as they look so much like real stitching!!

Shazza said...

fab card, the image is so adorable x

Anne said...

wow very cool Amy. A great card
Anne x

Elena said...

Oh Amy this card is super!! I love it, totally deeply love it! The sweet witch is soooo cute (it's on my purchases-list from the first visit on SOG) and the way you found to use stitching is... fabolous!

Hugs,
Elena

Crafty Loops said...

Amy I would have sworn blind that you had stitched every bit on this card!! Those rub-ons are awesome, I have never seen any like those before. What a terrific card. Lee xx

Mimi said...

Amy, I seriously thought it was real stitching, and in such a sweet technique! Adorable Tia couldn't be any cuter! TFS! ;)

kris said...

this is waaaay cool!!! it really looks like you stitched the card!! how wonderful is that! i really like this... has a fun, kiddy feel to it!! =D

Craftdee said...

Now this is REALLY my kinda stitching!! Don't even have to do all the little dashes, yay! The fact that it looks FAB is such a bonus :-) Love it, TFS, Dee

gobeagirl said...

Amy I think I am brain dead today. I forgot that I actually got the chance to see this card this morning but had no time to tell just how cute I think it is. I love your sticker stitches. What a fun idea. I don't have any of the Odd girl stamps, but I love their eyes and I really need to splurg on some. lol... One of these days I will be a millionair and I will come and get you and we will fly to the Greeting Farm home office. lol and of course any where else you would like to go. heehee. I think I am tired. Have a great night. Hugs, Lisa

Cor* said...

R U freakin kidding me! No thread. SHUDDUP!!! LOL this is totally wicked ! Great coloring! You? A lazy crafter? for real!?1!? You amaze me daily girl!

Iverova said...

Oh, I love, love,love this card!!! It's gorgeous Amy!!!! Hugs!!

Lou Mac said...

Rub-ons?! You gotta be kidding me. It all looks like THREAD!! Such a neat effect!!
I love the small size of Tia and your colouring is freakin' awesome - as always!!

I love the three little baker twine bows and the added bling!! So neat.

xo

Yani said...

Super cute!! What a fun idea!! Really, your card looks amazing :-)

donna mikasa said...

What an adorable image! And I LOVE that faux stitching--that's my kind of sewing, too! The twine is a yummy touch! Love this!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Amy, this is so cute! Love your stitched pumpkin!

Leanne said...

I was going to say, wow if you could stitch like that I'm throwing my machine away!! hahaha.. pure genius Amy! I think little Tia is adorable, with her cute little kitty friend just flying by on her broom. Fun card! ;)