Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hello, pumpkin

Howdy folks!

Well, I wasn't quite as productive yesterday as I had hoped. I didn't get much crafting done but I did manage to clean and re-arrange the living room which felt good. Still, I did get this card done using the little Pure Innocence sweetie that I started coloring up in the skin tone video I posted the other day. It was actually one of three short vids that can be seen here or on Color Me Copic. :)

This one turned out to be quite the leap from yesterday's dark and spooky card but this cutie just needed a bright and fun Halloween background. Especially since I altered her a bit by giving her a witch hat and adding a face to the jack o'lantern. Not only that but I was so proud of myself for pulling out the Cuttlebug and using one of my sadly neglected embossing folders. I even added some Stickles to the pattern 'cause I was feeling extra crafty, LOL! ;)

Well I'm hoping that today will prove to be a bit more productive 'cause I've got lots that I want to get done.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

I'll chat at ya tomorrow. :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- KI Memories
stamps- My Favorite Things (Lil Pumpkin Pure Innocence and sentiments)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox black pigment
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Martha Stewart spider web border punch
Ranger Stickles
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR31, YR23, E33
clothes- T5, T7, T9, V05, V06, V09, YG25, G07, G29
jack o'lantern- Y38, YR04, YR18, E08, Y13, Y17, E33, E35, E57

27 comments:

mariska said...

Oooh! She is adorable! Sooo cute.
Love this halloween card.

Hugs mariska

Marley said...

Beautiful card! I really love the spiderweb border punch!! awesome.. the design paper with the glitters on the pumpkins is really gorgeous too! hugs Marley

TR said...

Your card is so adorable. The stickles really really make the jack-o-lanterns pop. May have to try that on some of my embossed images. Have a wonderful day!

Nancy Thomas said...

I spy some Ki!! LOL. LOVE your alterations on pumpkin girl - so very cute.

Elena said...

Oh Amy, avery time I come here, I wonder for every your sweet creation, all different from the others but every so fantastic! What can I say?!?! What is your secret?!?! Especially for your Halloween card, I love them! Every single card you made... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVE!!! (singing it with a tenor voice :D)

Thanks for passing by my blog, your sweet words warmed my heart.
Hugs,
Elena

Craftdee said...

I love the "altering" you've done, sswweeeet! Gorgeous card all round, I know what you mean about productivity: I was going to make a card the other day and decided to sort out my flower stash instead...THREE HOURS later I have a very tidy flower stash, which no-one else can see, and very little else! Realize I don't have to buy any flowers for a while, lol. Dee

Mette said...

This is real sweet Amy. Love the papers and such a cute image. Love halloween.

Hugs, Mette

Creations by Shirl said...

More adorable Halloween cards... luv that bg embossing, cute web border punch too.
Amy - rocks always....
hugs:)

Sudha said...

So cute.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE love this image!!! Your card is very adorable too!
Hugs, Heidi

RiNNE said...

Such an adorable card! That embossed & stickler background is wonderful and unique ;). That image is so cute too!! Hope you get a lot done (me too, I hope!).

Unknown said...

Oh, it so cute!!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is so sweet! I don't have this embossing folder, but I love how you have highlighted the pumpkins with your stickles. Very cute idea. I love this happy card. Good way to start your Sunday. Happy crafting. I am just getting started on mine. Watching the Seahawks game with Jerry and just couldn't stand it anymore. lol.. Have a great Sunday. Hugs, Lisa

SuiLan said...

I love the stickles and how you ripped the paper. The image is just adorable!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, this is such a cute card.

Distressed Miss said...

Wow so adoreable hunny, I love waht you've done with the pumpkings in the background.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

Crafty Loops said...

Oh my word, she is so cute! This is a beautiful card Amy. Lee x

Sara I. said...

how stinkin cute is this amy?! LOVE her, love the papers and love that punching!xx

Loz said...

you make the most adorable cards Amy! I love the different strips of paper.. they go perfect together xx

*Successful* said...

Very beautiful color!Amy I very much like your works, but unfortunately because of complexity with transfer not always can will express the admiration. And many good Russian words can't be translated on English, their meaning is lost.

Cindy H. said...

So, so adorable!!

Tindaloo said...

fab & wicked card! luv the glittery pumpkins :)

Luanne said...

very cute card. I will still start in card crafting and hope I can get good materials in my city. :D

Country Mouse said...

Found you thru 2peas, your cards and blog are awesome! I am now a new follower!
audrey (txpackrat)

Leanne said...

hehehe, she totally looks like she's struggle to get the jack-o-lantern to stay in her arms. the funny face it perfect, it's like he's laughing at her or something. lol!
love the bright colors, and the embossed backdrop is so cool, especially with the sparkles! another winner in my book. :)

donna mikasa said...

Great altering, as always! Love that witch hat, spooky cute pumpkin face, and those adorable PI gals! Such a fun card, Amy!

Frk. Bogstad said...

Lovely ♥