Monday, September 19, 2011

Hi!

Oh Monday, Monday... how y'all doin' today?

I'd love to say that I got tons of stuff done yesterday but alas, I did not. I don't know why but the last couple days I've kind of found myself in a bit of a creative funk. Not a lot of mojo or motivation floating around apparently. Some of it may stem from a feeling of being in a bit of a rut with my card designs. I'm hoping that something will spark a new direction here soon. I'm not looking for a complete overhaul by any means, as I know what I like and what I like to use... I just have that feeling of wanting to streeeeetch outside my comfort zone and see where it takes me. Wish me luck that inspiration strikes sooner rather than later! :)

And I wasn't completely without inspiration yesterday... as I did have some new stamps to play with. If you've followed me for awhile you know that I love the older fairy stamp sets from Pergamano. I've been totally keeping an eye out for any new additions to that line and while there has been nothing new from Pergamano it looks like the artist of the fairy images is now working with Nellie Snellen (and Sugar Nellie too but that will be a separate post, LOL). That means new images, yeah! So far I've only found them available in UK stores but I couldn't help myself and placed an order anyway. Considering the distance these little fairies had to fly to get to me I still got them super quick which was great!

The first little gal that I inked up is called Star, isn't she sweet? I may have chosen to take a small break from the Halloween cards for this but the colors still seem to be leaning towards that fall-ish look if you ask me. I paired her up with some gorgeous new Farmhouse papers from Crate and in an attempt to shake things up, I played a bit more with textures by adding the twill letters for my sentiment and ruffling the crochet lace around the image. I really like how this turned out but it still doesn't feel like the direction I'm searching for. No eureka! moment if you know what I mean. ;)

Anywho... I love the stamp, like the card, and I'm sure this crafty funk won't last forever.
Thanks for listening to me moan a bit, LOL... you guys are the best!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper/border sticker- Crate Paper (Farmhouse)
stamp- Nellie Snellen (Sweet Elin Star)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Lil Davis alpha twill tabs
Making Memories stick pin
Hero Arts crochet lace
Martha Stewart border punch
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, Y23, Y26, E13, E35
clothes- G21, G24, YG63, YG67, YR12, YR14, E09, BG13, BG09, BG18, Y11, Y32, Y35, E74, E77, E79, E49
wings- Y000, Y00, 0

41 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is super adorable. love the crochet lace you used around her. It is so cheery looking.
Hugs, Heidi

Maria Therese said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww this is the sweetest ♥♥

Hlora said...

Hi! It is amazing!! Very beautiful card!

Larisa said...

This Little Fairy is so beautiful!) Love the card! It is adorable!

Mette said...

Lovely card Amy and yes, these little fairies are super cute (I re-discovered mine hehe). Love the fab colours and cute doily (or lace).

Hugs, Mette

SusanLotus said...

This is so sweet! Lovely card!

Tanya said...

Oh this is totally adorable! I love that lace and paper too. Good luck with your mojo, mine is totally MIA :(

Debs M said...

ooh love her, great card x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is such a cuties image!!!

Francy said...

Wow it so sweet!!!!Wonderful card!
Hugs
Francy

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
wat een schattige kaart,en de stempels van pergamano heb ik ook maar niet geweten dat je er zoiets moois/leuks van kon maken
groetjes van corry

Sara I. said...

Funk or no funk, you did an amazing job. Colored to perfection, love the papers and gorgeous doily. Bravo!

Unknown said...

Awww how cute this is Amy, love the papers and gorgeous pretty colours... I too got some Pergamano stamps and had noticed the similarity of these darling fairies, but now you confirm for me that it is the same artist.

Nancy Thomas said...

Your mojo looks fine to me based on this beauty. I'm trying to resist that CP paper but you aren't making it easy! That's interesting about the artist because I think I just bought three from Sugar Nellie!

gobeagirl said...

Amy I totally know what you are talking about. I am sorry to hear it, but relieved as I was the same way these last two days and I thought OMWord! I can't do this right now. I have to get something done. lol... I am sure you will find your lost mojo. Does your hair need to be cut? hehee I think this card is so adorable and I wouldn't have known you were mojo less than usual if you hadn't said so. Have a super great Monday. Hugs Lisa

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. That is one sweet fairy.

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh my Amy - star is a cutie fairy... She looks petite and perfect... Again, love those papers you always choose for your images.. It's always so perfecto!

Tress said...

Even without your usual mojo, this card is lovely! I'm not sure you could create a less than stellar card, lol. Hope you have a wonderful day and inspiration strikes!

Jenny said...

I guess even when you are in a funk your stuff is still awesome! I love these stamps- thanks for the link!

Aluap said...

Absolutely adorable!!this little fairy is super cute!! Beautiful colors :)

Dotty Jo said...

She's lovely, and your card is gorgeous! I think that maybe Mr Mojo isn't quite as far away after all, Jo x

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh, this is fabulous Amy!

Crafty Loops said...

Well I dont know about you having your inspiration stuck in a rut, because this card is beautiful. I wish my crafty funks produced work as gorgeous as yours! I love the crochet lace around the image. You are very creative Amy. Oh and those papers are gorgeous too. Lee xx

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sweet. I love the colours on your little fairy and the lacy ruffle. Precious!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Alina said...

Adorable! Love the stamp that you used!

kris said...

Amy she is super duper cute!! and i love the fun colors you gave her!! you surely spread your wings to give them a good home... Love it!

yvon said...

She is so cute, love your creation.
Hugs, Yvon

Cindy H. said...

This card is just so sweet!! Love how you colored this adorable faerie!

Andrea said...

That is such a cute fairy - and I love your card - the bright colours, the lace and the stitching on the sentiment, and the pin - all looks fabulous to me!
Love, Andrea xx

zehra said...

i don't know about your mojo, but hey this got mine rocketing up, lovely card. so sweet. love the details and the ruffled edge. I like how you can take different elements of craft and make a card.

Christiana said...

Oh gosh, Amy, what a cutie! This card is absolutely adorable. One of my favorites of yours. GREAT job!

Unknown said...

I don't know what you're talking about...you are always awesome. This card is no exception to your awesomeness...I love it.

Shaela said...

this is absolutely darling!! I always love your cards - you never seem to be in a creative funk from my eyes, hahaha. :)

Pendra said...

She is adorable... love the mix of patterns and the colors!
Crafty hugs,
Pendra

RiNNE said...

Man, if this is you on a low point, then the rest of us are doomed! Because it looks so good!!!!! I live the twill and lace. I love the papers and image. But I know what you mean though- I was working on a card yesterday and I felt the same way about it. So sorry your crafty mojo isnt there. Maybe try a different technique? Like an altered item or a different card fold? What helps me sometimes is taking a break or finding inspiration in other places (like Project Runway! And hey, isn't Glee coming next week?). ;) hugs!

Digi Darla said...

Love this card! The digi certainly is adorable! Great job! Your coloring is superb!

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Amy,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
I'm so not seeing the lost mojo, my friend. But if you're feeling that way, I'm sure you'll knock our socks off when you do get it back. :)
This of course, is beautiful and so fun. Love the sentiment and this little gal is adorable. Love it!

donna mikasa said...

Adorable card! Love the mixture of papers and the fab lacy circle behind Elin. Your cards are always awesome, mojo-less or not!

Marley said...

Awesine! I love the lace around the image.. Hugs Marley

Juls said...

sweet and fun card! Hugs Juls