Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spider treats

OMGosh guys!
Can you believe that I almost didn't realize that the new season of Glee started last night? For some reason I was thinking it was next week. Thank goodness Lisa set me straight in time so that I didn't miss it!
I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched yet but I am SO excited/sad for this year. I'm trying to enjoy everything but it is hard not to think about some of my favorites leaving. Still, its good to have Kurt back and yeah for Blaine joining the group! Now I can't wait to see how and when they introduce the winners of the Glee Project into the mix. :)

Anywho, I do also have a card to share today too, LOL! I got these cool Martha Stewart Halloween treat bags super cheap recently and when I came across this 'spider treats' one I knew that I wanted to use it on a card with Sweet November Witch Hazel and her spider pal, Webster. Now I'm not sure if the intent is to have treats for spiders or treats made from spiders but in this case lets go with the later. ;)
So did you notice that Hazel has quite the lipstick look going on here? Yea, I had a little "help" coloring from my cat Oreo. While I was adding some color to Hazel's bottom lip Oreo decided at that moment to jump up and join me on the table, bumping my elbow enough to have it go a bit crazy. I debated starting over but since I already had all her skin and hair colored up I really didn't want to have to do all that work again so I tried to rock the look instead. I'm just telling myself it is her special party look. :)

Ok, time for me to make like a banana and split... catch ya in 24!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Mischievous and Tres Jolie)
stamps- Sweet November (Witch Hazel and Webster), October Afternoon (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox black pigment
Martha Stewart treat bag
ribbon
KI Memories star gems
Hero Arts gems
Kaiser Craft rub-on stitches
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, W3, W5, E04, RV99
eyes- BV23, BV25
hair- C5, C7, C9
clothes- T5, T7, T9, YR14, YR18, E08, E81, W00, Y35, Y38, YR15
jack o'lantern/webster- Y15, Y38, YR04, YR18, E33, E57, W3, W5, W7, W9

26 comments:

chrilvian said...

oooo she is great
i hope to get hilda and vlad soon
so i can make a card

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is AWESOME!!!! I am very sad tho there is Noooo challenge to play along with. Thoses are awesome papers you used on this Amazing card.
Hugs, Heidi

Maria Therese said...

Sweet Halloween card ♥ (if I don't look at the big spider..got to go I'll come back when spider is further down on page..;))

SuiLan said...

Amazing card. I love the papers and image you used.

jeanne girl said...

Very fun and funky card - good eye candy!!! :)

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous! Jo x

Nancy Thomas said...

I think Hazel looks pretty with her lips all painted up - super cute card, as always.

Creations by Shirl said...

With hazel is pretty as ever, yikes on Webster... Anything with a spider on it freaks me out :(
Great color combo...
Have a happy day Amy!

Trina said...

Even though I never finished watching last season, I watched half of Glee last night. It's going to be interesting!
I think your little witch's lips look just fine. Kiss the cat for helping you color! ;D Halloween is the time for over the top everything, so it works!

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
what a super card hunni
the image is so adorable sweetie
hugs angelique

Cindy H. said...

I think Hazel does look like she is going partying - but isn't that what witches do on Halloween? :) Maybe Oreo was just giving her constructive criticism in the form of a nudge, lol. This is just an adorable card!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my... this is superb, Amy!! Hazel look so pretty with her lipstick on, that MME papers are amazing too! LOVE your fabulous card!! Hugs!

Kelly Booth said...

Sooooo cute Soooooo Cute Soooooo Cute!! Makes you want some Spider Treats!! Ha!! Hugs....

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. TFS.

Crafty Loops said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Spider!!! Unfortunately there is no possible way I could ever say a spider is cute...but....your card is gorgeous and Hazel has such a cute wee face and I think the extra lippy is awesome. Good old Oreo, you can always rely on a cat to pick the most inopportune moment to jump up on you. Lee xx

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
niet mijn favoriete onderwerp want ik ben echt bang voor spinnen maar je kaart is prachtig!
groetjes van corry

Larisa said...

This Witch is very nice) And the paper is so good)

kris said...

Oooh that is cute!!! Love that "spider treats" paper! i'm thinking about black licorice now!! hehehe!

Leanne said...

Hi Amy,
I totally missed Glee last night!! Will have to catch up on the web tonight.
Love the card and I think Hazel looks fantastic with the Angela Jolie lips! hahaha!

Annette Allen said...

I don't know why but that witch stamp cracks me up... it is so adorable..

gobeagirl said...

Amy I think Orea did a wonderful job on Hazel's lips. lol... I actually looks like you did this on purpose. I love it! She looks like she was so busy getting her treats and pumpkins ready that she got a little carried away with her lipstick this morning. Hope you had a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Hlora said...

Very nice card again) This Witch is a joyful girl I see )))

donna mikasa said...

Love the Oreo story! I think her lips look fabulous and that treat bag is pretty awesome! Such a cool card design!

RiNNE said...

I think she looks great and didn't notice her mouth looked any different at all. Beautiful coloring! Her hair is awesome!! Love that favor bag- yay for upcycling!

P.S. Ooops, sorry if it was me who misinformed you about Glee- sometimes the days just run into each other & I lost track! Am curious what they'd do w/ Quinn and Blaine and the girl w/ Asperger's (who I already liked from another sitcom about nurses - Hawthorne) and Mr. Shue/
Emma!

MarikaGabez said...

Oooh that is cute!
Great color combo.

Juls said...

so many gorgeous and fabulous elements on this card!! Fabulous!!! Hugs Juls