Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Hope your day is magical...

Hello, hello! 

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog with more background scene die inspiration. This time around I chose to get creative with the Ice Skating Pond Horizontal Scene Die and paired it with one of the sweet unicorns in the Unicorn Tales stamp set. Instead of using the die to create a winter scene or even a pond scene I changed things up and through my coloring, transformed the scene into a sunny spring meadow. I started by using the Ice Skating Horizontal Scene die to cut out an A2 sized sheet of Copic X-Press It card stock. Once I had all of the pieces cut I stamped the little resting unicorn onto the lower corner of the bottom piece that is originally meant to be the pond. I also added some flowers from the Pig Out set around the unicorn and the sentiment. Once all of stamping was complete it was time to color and piece together the die cut shapes into a cohesive scene. I begin by gluing the white frame to the card base, then work from the bottom up. The unicorn and flowers were the first to be colored up using Copic markers then I moved on to the green grass she is laying in. Just like that, the pond became a meadow and I glued it into place. The hillside was next, followed by the rows of trees. I colored base coats on all of the pieces before gluing them into place and once the scene was all put together I could go back in with my markers and add in the finishing touches. Details like the leaves on the trees, the lighter trees further in the distance and finally the cast shadows from the larger die cut trees. All of these things add dimension and help bring the story to life. Once I added the magical sparkle around the unicorn using a mix of white gel pen and clear sequins I knew I had a completed card that I loved.  :)

Toodles!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Unicorn Tales and Pig Out)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Hero Arts green ombre
Hello Bluebird Ice Skating Pond Horizontal Scene die

Sharpie extra fine white pen
sequins

Copic markers:

unicorn- V01, E50, E40, E81, R000, R30, Y02, YR23, E47, V01, V12, V15, V17, BV01, BV02, BV04

grass/flowers- YG01, YG21, YG03, YG25, YG63, G24, G94, G99/RV00, RV13, Y18

trees- E55, E57, E59, YG13, YG17

background- Y000, YG91, Y00, E31