Saturday, October 10, 2009

Is it too early?

Good morning fellow crafty gals. Enjoying your weekend I hope! :)
I'm enjoying another day off so you'll hear no complaints from me. In fact I'll be taking advantage of this and holing myself up in the craft room to finish up some projects I need to get done. That brings me to my question... is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? I'm thinking not, especially since I seem to be working on a lot of holiday cards lately. Normally I'm a work in quiet kind of girl but for Christmas music I think I can make an exception. ;)
So today's card features another slightly altered Gorjuss girl. This is Little Goth Girl but I removed her skull barrette before stamping and drew in some long sleeves. Not so gothy looking now I think... :) And can you believe there is no pattern paper on this?! I'm tellin' ya I shocked myself with that one, I love my pretty papers LOL!
Thanks for stopping by today, I'll chat with y'all again tomorrow. Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Little Goth Girl Gorjuss Girl) Inkadinkado (Christmas tags) Autumn Leaves (Christmas flourishes)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versamark clear embossing, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Making Memories epoxy brads and round sticker
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E55, E57, E59
clothes- YG23, YG25, YG17, R22, R24, R29, E0000, E30, E31

19 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a cutie. I'm currently listening to the soundtrack from Love Actually which is my all time favourite Christmas film so who am I to say anything?

♥Rach♥ said...

She makes a PERFECT Christmas morning girl. Love those cute little brad thingys too

Angela said...

Oh Amy, I love this card..She is so adorable and this makes a sweet christmas card.. So adorable

kris said...

She's a cutie! and you colored her so well... love it! TFS! hugs, Kris

Victoria said...

Wow Amy! This is gorjuss {pardon the pun}. I love how you have altered the stamp. She looks like a totally different little girl! I too am not a fan of the skull in her hair so thanks for sahring your little tip with this!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Marianne Penner said...

Gorjuss card! I have the Little Goth Girl stamp too and don't really like the skull barette. Are you able to post a tutorial on how you take off an element on a stamp and repair the empty spot? I would be very interested in this!

Claireabelle said...

Great colours!!!
xx

Tammy said...

Her red and green stockings are to cute!

Unknown said...

Another gorjuss one, Amy!

gobeagirl said...

I love the sound track to Love Actually and keep it on my computer to listen to all the time. I love this card...It is so sweet, but classic looking at the same time..It is just beautiful Amy...Have a great 2nd day off...I'll check back tomorrow..lol..can't wait to see what is next. Lisa G

Tracey Feeger said...

wow you are getting those christmas cards out quickly. Hmmm really must get mine done now.
mwah
Trace

Gorgeous by the way. As always.

Carisa said...

That is adorable!!! You know, I LOVE christmas music so it's never too early for me, in fact, I was going to listen to it tonight when I got to stampin' (on my ipod b/c hubby cannot stand to listen to christmas music one day before thanksgiving, LOL)

Alice said...

This is fabulous Amy! love the classic holiday colors with the Gorjuss Girl! wow! wonderful card!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! :)

Tammi said...

Oh, I love that you took the skull out, I've never been into those, so I just cover it with a bow...and sleeves too, I would never have thought of that, love it! Beautiful card!

MicheyMoo said...

Ooooh, she's so stinkin cute and I love this card. Shocked there's NO pretty paper anywhere's here!!

Well done.

Tonje said...

Yummy card! It's never to early to listen to christmas music to get you in the mood...

Jen Shults said...

Amy this is so cute! I love how you altered her and the stamped background is just gorgeous! I just love stopping by to see the fun things you do with these stamps. :D

WickedPixie said...

Lovely card! I watch Christmas movies all year long, so I don't see why you can't listen to Christmas music whenever you want!! :-)Traci