Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Looks to be a Gorjuss Christmas

So sorry to have to post and run again... what can I say? Things are just busy, busy, busy around here right now. Hope you understand. :)
Though I will say this... in general I am not a fan of sports games. I don't watch them, I don't participate in them, I have zero interest in them. So I am always beyond annoyed when they postpone my quality show time, like Glee night for baseball... grrrrrrrrrrrrr... ok, vent over. ;)
For today's card I altered Poppy Field Gorjuss Girl into a little winter girl. Which wasn't hard, I swear! Just draw a line a little above the hem of her dress and then a line down the middle to create a coat. I cut the ear muffs out of paper and covered them with white flocking then glued them to her head, drawing in the band after that. Easy peasy. :)
More 'old as the hills' paper scraps on this one, the embroidered looking santa scene has always been a favorite Daisy D's paper of mine and I use it sparingly, not letting any go to waste. ;)
Have a wonderful Wednesday my friends... if that is even possible since there will be no Glee... :(
Supply list:
cardstock- kraft and Bazzill
paper- Daisy D's (santa) Sweetwater (stitched white)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Gorjuss Girl Poppy Field) Doodlebug (believe)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
misc buttons
Paper Trey Ink twine
Copic multiliner pen 0.1
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, YR00, R20
hair- E33, E35, E37, E39
clothes- G20, YG63, YG67, W3, W5, W7, W9, B000, B12, B14, R22, R27, E09

24 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, she is just adorable..I love what you did to her..I keep telling myself I am going to give it a try, and I will....Wonderful card!! Have a great day even thought there isn't any GLEEfullness today.lol...Thanks for your nice comments yesterday on my blog..you are so sweet..Lisa G

LORi said...

Beautiful!!!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Your cards are always SO creative! Oh and I'm mad too, they preempted Bones (my fave show) for BASEBALL. I hate, hate, hate baseball so it's like adding insult to injury.

Tammi said...

Oh wow, that's some cool paper and looks amazing with the "winter" gorjuss girl! Love her ear muffs! :) Yeah, it pre-emps SYTYCD results too! Grrrr!

RiNNE said...

Booooo!!! There's no GLEE tonight??? Bummer!

Such an adorable card, Amy! Your scenes and lay-out of embellishments are always astounding! Cool altering too! That's a darling PP & the buttons add a touch of whimsy!!

Claireabelle said...

Stunning card Amy, lovin' that paper!! No wonder you've been saving it for best!
x

kris said...

Awesome Amy!!! i love that Santa paper... it's so cute and it does give a creative scene... the alteration is great... Love it! hugs, Kris

Unknown said...

Lovely card! :)

Allison said...

Sweet card, I love the alteration... thanks for detailing how you did it... it gives us lesser crafty people a chance! I love the mix of buttons too, I have a box ful but never seem to know how to place them.

donna mikasa said...

Love the Gorjuss Girl and your always amazing altering! I would use that Santa paper sparingly, too!

While I'm sad there's no "Glee"--we have to root for Hawaii's hometown boy, Shane Victorino. Go Phillies!

Jennifer said...

Wow, I just read your comments and no Glee tonight. That is some sad news. I was looking forward to it too. Anyways, your card is amazing as usually.

Gabby said...

Uh oh...I feel a copy cat coming! YES...me! LOL! Love this GF! And on the topic of sports...GO YANKEES!!! The Phillies beat out my hometown Dodgers...so I'm pretty much decided of who I want to win! LOL! Sorry you'll miss Glee! :( Here's a glee-ful hug {{Amy}}!

Victoria said...

Wow Amy this is just fabulous! Love the paper! Your altering of these GG images never ceases to maze me! Fab job, hope you don't mind if I case this idea!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

crafty amy said...

This is so pretty and very cute I love al the buttons and can see why you look after that paper.

Hugs

Amy xx

Victoria said...

this is so clever and so beautiful. Your cards are just so lovely. You really have so much talent

Victoria
x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow thanks for the hot tip your card is fantastic!!! Beth

Alice said...

WOW!! love your winter GorJuss girl!! fabulous card!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable, Amy! LOVE those buttons!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Angela said...

Amy, love the scene you made with the paper and the altering. Don't you hate it that you can't buy Daisy D's paper anymore?? I love that paper line so I hang on to every little scrap piece I have..

Tonje said...

LOVE it!! You're so good at altering your stamps...

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is way too Wonderful! Love this scene! I have never seen this paper before, but I would be hoarding it too - it is fantastic!! :-)Traci

Unknown said...

Awww..this is a beautiful Christmas card, Amy! Love the little scene! Awesome job!

Crafty Jenn said...

This is terrific! Love Gorjuss Girls. I need to order some.

I'm going through Glee withdrawls!! Seriously! Who cares about the silly Yankees anyway?!