Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A small breather

Sorry for my tardiness today but I knew I would have more time to post now than earlier this morning so here I am...
Did you see I had to do my crazy little bio over at Club Anya today? I don't think you would believe how hard that was for me to do... let's just say that talking about myself like that is not a favorite thing, that will be fact #14... LOL! ;)
But I got it done and I'm glad I did it... whew! So moving on, the challenge at Anyone for Anya this week is to use an Anya that looks like you, well how perfect does that fit with what I'm having to do today?! Right away I knew which Anya I wanted to use, even though it would take a good bit of altering... so this is Nurse Anya turned 'Amy Anya'. I thought she looked a little round and sassy just like me. ;) Besides the masking off of the nurse outfit elements I opened her eyes and gave her a bit of a smirk since I tend to have a sarcastic sense of humor. Add the orange sweater and some jeans (I totally live in jeans) and there you go. I have to say I really loved this challenge, so much fun!
Oh and Rinne, I noticed you asked about my camera yesterday. I use a Nikon D40 (her name is Dotty due to her beautiful orange polka dot strap I got off Etsy... fact #15) but what really allows me to take vibrant photos of my cards any time of day is the 50mm lens that I have on her. It is fabulous for indoors with no flash shots, especially when I pair it with the card sitting on my light box and my OTT desk light shining over the card as well. Hope that answers your question. :)
Well thanks for stopping by today, it's finally Glee night once again! Woohoo! For all my Friends across the pond I sure hope you get the chance to see this show soon because it is awesome!
Supply list:
cardstock- DCWV and GP
paper- Basic Grey
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Nurse Anya)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
K&Co stitches rub-ons
American Crafts sentiment rub-ons
Kaiser Craft gems
Ranger Stickles
Copic multiliner 0.1, 0.3. 0.5 pens
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, YG95
hair- E55, E57, E59
clothes- B93, B95, B97, E15, E17, E18, YR12, YR14, YR18, E44, E47, E49

16 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Another gorgeous card Amy!! I love that background paper!!!!

it was great to learn a bit more about you over on the Club Anya blog too (not that Im nosey or anything lol)
xx

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! The altering image is awesome! I love the paper too! TFS :)
So nice to get to know you a little better at Club Anya.

Victoria said...

fab altering of Anya! And thanks for the camera tips, never thought to use a light box!

Victoria
x

RiNNE said...

Thanks for answering my question, Amy! I have a Canon 40D but am still figuring out how to use it, LOL! A light box is a nice tip...thanks!

And you are TOO cute! What a great alteration! Was just at Club Anya and you mentioned that you do a lot of clean and linear designs. I also think that although you may not use a lot of layering, the elements and ephemera you use go so well together that they blend. Truly pieces of art! Congrats and thanks again!

Kelly Booth said...

Loved reading your Bio Amy....I know what you mean..not my favorite thing to talk about myself either.
Your card is adorable...I so look forward to working with you!

RiNNE said...

And I forgot...that is a sweet lens! And is your camera strap from "Shey?" I also got one as a gift. :)

Alice said...

this is so cute Amy! love your use of the pps! beautiful!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I loved to read your bio this morning. Your work is just the best. I gave a chuckle when you said that you tend to be a bit sarcastic...my kids knew what that word ment(because of me) by the time that they 3 & 4...What can you do. Thanks for email, really appricaited it. This card is just too cute..I love your alterations. Glad your on the ds team. Lisa G

Crafty Jenn said...

"Hello" to you too Amy Anya! Hee hee! Too cool! This looks great. Love the Indian Summer paper. So fall-sy.

Can't wait for Glee tonight! I think the girls will win the challenge.

Angela said...

Amy, this is so cute. Love the altered Anya, and of course I love the Indian Summer paper.. too cute

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally adorable, Amy!! Love the pp and the design!

Kerry said...

Holy cow,this is absolutely stunning! You're amazing! :)

Jen Shults said...

Very cute! I always love all your alterations! This is gorgeous and your dp choices are fantastic!

WickedPixie said...

I loved reading your bio on Club Anya! (Yep, as usual I am so late!!)
This Amy/Anya is wonderful! :-)Traci

Victoria said...

OMG - I've had a go with altering an Anya, will post it tomorrow and link to you of course.

It's flippin shocking! Nothing like yours turn out I need a heck of a lot more practice!

Victoria
x

Renata van Miltenburg said...

AWESOME!!! I adore your altered TFG's! I think I have to send you my photo so you can make me a Renata-Anya as well (you can also use Nurse-Anya for my rounds, lol).

Also love the gorgeous paper (oh my what a lovely colours) and the great layout (I'm sure I'm gonna use that one).

Love from AFA!

Renata