Sunday, October 11, 2009

Outside the box

Hiya!
Just a quick one from me this morning... busy, busy. :)
So I have another altered Gorjuss Girl turned Christmas card today. I used Flower Girl and swiped away her daisy chain and some hair where I wanted to draw in pointy elf ears, before stamping the image. For those who asked, I'll see about putting together a little show and tell on how I do that here soon.
This is also my first time playing in The Sugar Bowl challenge but I decided to give it a go since along with the sketch the requirement was to make it a Christmas theme... easy peasy. As you can probably tell, the sketch layout is a lot more layered than my usual style and it was not so easy peasy to step outside of that comfort zone. In the end though I think it's always good to stretch yourself creatively. :)
Later gators! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper and flowers- Making Memories
stamp- Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl (Flower Girl)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart border punch
American Crafts ribbon
misc glitter brads
Signo Uniball white gel pen
Ranger Stickles
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E40, E41, E42
clothes- YG23, YG25, YG17, R35, R37, R39, R59, E40, E41

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww...gorjuss card, Amy! Yes, defintely we should step outside of our comfort zone and try something new, something different, something we don't normally do. I love this card! Love the colors and love the different patterned papers. Great layering!

Unknown said...

So nice! :)

Tasha said...

Wow you totally rocked this challenge - so loving the papers and colours and what a fab idea to change her into an elf! You rock Amy
love tasha xx

Angela said...

Amy, this is awesome.. always love your altered images..This card turned out just FAB.. Ilove all the different layering..What a wonderful Christmas card...

kris said...

Another wonderful creation! how cute is her elf ears! OMGosh!!! Fab layering too! hugs, Kris

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, just adorable....I love how you layered. You are one talented lady...I can't wait to see how you alter your stamps. I count myself lucky to get a nice clean looking stamp on the paper...lol..Ok, maybe not that bad. but still... :0) Lisa g

Claireabelle said...

I love your little elf Amy!! Fabulous card, as always!
x

Angie said...

You totally nailed it Amy! The card is wonderful and the layers are gorgeous. I love how you made her into a little pixie and I would love a show and tell on how you alter your stamps!

Victoria said...

fab card Amy, I think I'll leave stamp altering to you from now on!

Victoria
x

Tracey Feeger said...

Amy another gorgeous little creation. Love the elf ears.
mwah
Trace

RiNNE said...

Your layering is superb! It's challenging to sometimes go outside of "the box," but don't you feet well-rounded & even a better stamper? :)

Jackie Thomas said...

You have done an amazing job making her an elf. Absolutley beautiful. xo Jackie

MiamiKel said...

Suhweet! The papers are just delicous but that *elf* - perfection! Such a whimsical and fun card all the way around! TFS!

Kim said...

I laughed out loud when I saw those fabulous ears! I think you stepped out of your comfort zone in an awfully good way!

Tammi said...

:) Ha! I always thought she looked like an elf, now she really does, fun and cute! You did a wonderful job with the layers and sketch! ~Hugs

Alice said...

fabulous card Amy! love the elf Gorjuss Girl you created!

Tonje said...

Beautiful!!! I love how you alter your stamps to make them more "yours"...

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card!! I loved this sketch and your interpretation is fabulous!! Love this pretty paper and your elf is brilliant!
Thanks so much for playing along :)Kathy

WickedPixie said...

This may be my favorite alteration ever!! I so want to copy it!!! (I think the best compliment I ever got was years ago an acquantance who became my best friend told me she was sure I had pointy ears hidden underneath my hair!!) LOVE this card!! :-)Traci

cats whiskers said...

This is such a stunning card dear, love your wonderful colouring
Hugs Jacqui x