Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Stamper's OCD

Good morning! Be sure to scroll down to yesterday's post if you would like a chance at winning this week's candy. :)
So my card today is for the Farm Fresh No Frills challenge over at The Greeting Farm. Anyone doing a double-take on the two Edwards? I sure did a few weeks ago when I was cruising through the galleria and noticed one of the cards had an Edward with hair pointing the opposite direction from the Edward stamp I had. This intrigued me... you see, I was lucky enough to win my Edward stamp just before its release, so I wondered if that first batch of stamps was made with hair pointing to the right while following re-orders the image got flipped and his hair started going to the left? This is where my OCD comes into play... how could I not order one just to see if I was right? So I ordered and my suspicions were confirmed... there are two versions of Edward out there! Ahhhhhh, now I feel like my Sprout collection is complete once again. This compulsion could start to rival my paper collecting... sick I tell ya, sick... ;)
No regrets though because as you can see now I have that many more possibilities for altering LOL! Let's see... I changed Hugh's eyes by wiping the ink off his original ones and using my light box to trace Edwards eyes onto him. Then I used one of the Edward heads with a Hugh body that I swiped off the bandanna and patch on the jeans. Now I have three individual looking little friends... gotta love it. :)
Allrighty, it's off to work I go...Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- Cosmo Cricket (The Boyfriend)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Edward, WS Hugh)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
misc brads and staples
Copic multiliner pen 0.1
Copic markers (from left to right)
boy 1
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E30, Y21, Y26, Y28
clothes- YG91, YG93, Y28, R05, R08, E07, E40, E41, E44, E47, E49
boy 2
skin- YR000, E11, E13, R20
hair- YR15, YR07, E08, E09, E27
clothes- B23, BV04, BV08, B79, Y21, Y23, Y35, YG91, YG93, Y28, E40, W3, W5, W7, G20, G21, BG72, C1, C3, C9
boy 3
skin-E53, E13, R22
hair- W3, W5, W7, W9
clothes- B93, B95, B97, YG03, G21, G24, G28, E44, E47, E49, C3, C5, C7

30 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, Great card..I love your friends they are just so cute....You should feel guilty..Now I have to buy an Edward stamp...lol..I have been putting it off,because....OK I don't know why...NOw I have to have him...Have a great day...Love it, Lisa G

MicheyMoo said...

Amy.....OMG they're amazing!! Now I want both Edwards too!! NOT FAIR!! I'm waiting to place my order until the new releases in November - that way I only pay one lot of shipping to Australia - but I almost want them right now so I can play!!!!!
Great job, yet again.
Michey xxx

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMG you are too funny....but I totally get it, LOL! This came out awesome!

Claireabelle said...

OMG Amy LOL

I love love love your card, it's super, smashing, great
xx

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a cute trio!

Tammy said...

Amy you are so amazing! Your card is so fantastic. I didn't even notice the different Edwards. I'm going to have to check mine now! LOL
Love that you redid the eyes and removed the bandanna. Very clever.

Unknown said...

well, I don't have Edward so I never knew the difference. lol Fantastic card, Amy! Always nice to see your alterings!

Jennifer said...

Awesome as usual! Thanks for the tips on how you alter your images. I love your posts!

Gabby said...

NO WAY...there's 2 Edwards? How could I have not noticed that! OMG lucky you that has both! I'm green with envy! :P LOVE your little buds though! Love them!

kadie said...

Brilliant!! Oh wow, now I'm going to have to check which way my edward's hair is pointing and see if I can get the other one too! LOL, that's crazy!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! :)

♥Rach♥ said...

I like Hugh so much better like that! I noticed the Edward thing too but thought I was just crazy :) Great "guy" card

RiNNE said...

Hmm, never noticed that about Edward-- I think I have the one whose hair points to the right. Awesome card and alterations!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow, limited edition collectors' item. Gorgeous dps and boy embellishments.

kris said...

Love your visions in creativity... the boys came out so well!!! now i have to go look which Edward i have... LOL... TFS Amy!! hugs, Kris

Carisa said...

lmao - i can't believe you noticed that!!! i feel so non observant now. LOVE your creation of course.

donna mikasa said...

Only you would notice Edward's hair direction! Love Hugh with Edward's eyes and it looks like they're standing at a train station in Japan! (Sigh...)

CraftyC said...

A great card, love all the boys!
Clairex

Angie said...

So THAT'S how you did it! I wondered about that when I saw your card in the galleria. I just ordered another Edward for my birthday blog candy, but if his hair is the opposite way from the one I already have then I will keep him! LOL!

crafty amy said...

You are just so funny and I completely know what you mean I want the other one too now and they look so great as a little group. As always you lay out is just perfect and the colours are brilliant!

Hugs

Amy xx

Alice said...

love all three handsome boys Amy! love both Edwards!

Kerry said...

That's absolutely awesome!!!

Tracey Feeger said...

OMG you lucky thing. I want your reverse Edward. LOL. Great card. Love it. Very creative as always.
mwah
Trace

Jenny V. said...

I'm not a big fan on Twlight but these WS are adorable. Still need to get me these stamps. You do such an awesome job on your cards.

Angela said...

Amy, this is so adorable.. I think after I stamp mine his hair is pointing to the left.. But I love the look of the other one too.. both of them are just too cute..love your altering... And I love your layout with all three of these little guys..

Snail Mail Creations said...

This is too cute!! You're hilarious with your Stamp OCD.. I'm the same way, and now I want to purchase another Edward...Darn it! Look what you started!! lol

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Amy...Love this Creative card!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

LOL! You are brilliant!!!
I love this card! Definitely one of my faves! Who wouldn't love Edwards, Hugh and Cosmo put together like this!
TFS :*)
~ margie

lorena b. said...

Love your work. I noticed that hair thing too! Now I need the Edward with hair going to the right . . . hmmm I wonder if we can request that from Marie?LOL

Tonje said...

Oh gosh, you're just too clever... lol... FAB card. But it must be a lot of work changing them around like this??