Saturday, October 24, 2009

It's a beautiful morning...

Mmmmm, the sun is shining, the air is crisp, a blanket of gold lies on the ground... seriously, it doesn't get much better than this. Oh wait, yes it does... I have today off too. Can you say perfect day? I can! :)

Remember that you still have until tonight to get entered into this first Sweet November candy. The winner will be announced on tomorrow's post and the second week of candy will start on Monday... too fun!

So you may notice a bit of a change up with my card today, I've never used any of the Bee Crafty images before but I gotta say... they were pretty fun to color. :) You see, I recently swapped some stamped images with the very sweet Alice and these were two of the images she sent me. I was inspired to put the two together right away and the rest of the card came together super quick. In fact the papers are left overs of the scraps I used on my Fairy Eva card from earlier this week... what can I say, they were still sitting on the table. But how perfect are they? Those little birdies in the paper are almost a perfect match to the stamped bird... love it when that happens!
Thank you Alice for widening my stamping world just that much more, I can't wait to play with the other images you sent! :)

And now I thought I would put a call out to anyone who has the elusive limited edition Elf Anya stamp from last year... if you would like to swap some stamped images of her with me for any stamped images I have I would be eternally grateful. Just shoot me an email at pete_danger@hotmail.com
I promise to make it worth your while! ;)
Ok, I'm off to enjoy the great outdoors... raking leaves LOL!
See ya tomorrow!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- Cosmo Cricket (nutmeg)
digi stamps- Bee Crafty
Colorbox chestnut roan chalk ink
Paper Trey Ink twine
misc button
Doodlebug alpha rub-ons
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair/clothes/bird/grass/sky- E25, E27, E29, BG10, BG72, BG18, R05, R08, E07, YG00, YG01, YG91, YR00, YR12, YR14, R02, BG0000, BG000

20 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Your colouring is just amazing, Amy. The stamp and the dp are indeed a perfect match.

Victoria said...

Hi Amy
fab to see you using some Bee Crafty downloads, if you want to view the range visit her webshop - they are all fab and so reasonably priced too! As one of her DT I would say that!

Fabbo card - the whimisical girls look brill the way you've positioned and shaded them

Victoria
x

kris said...

Oh wow! the DP is a similar match to the stamped bird! Awesome girl! your on a roll with the scraps... lovin' it... hugs, Kris

Saskia said...

I love the bright colours! Your cards are so 'happy'!!

Saskia :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Amy!! I just love Bee Crafty images and have recently became a DT memember. You did a wonderful job coloring and your layout is great!!

Claireabelle said...

Great card Amy, fab image!
x

Unknown said...

Super sweet card! TFS :)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, what a sweet card. I just love the colors and I have never heard of these stamps.,,Might have to check them out..lol..I need more to abcess about....Have a great day off. It is my weekend off too..ahhhhhhhhhhh ;0) Enjoy, Lisa G

donna mikasa said...

Alice shared those images with me as well and I would never have thought to put them together--genius! Love how you matched the DP!

Tonje said...

How funny that your scrap paper and stamped images match! Cute card.

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Amy, love the papers and what a sweet image. Have emailed you, thanks
Clairexx

MicheyMoo said...

I've just woken up to a lovely mild (not HOT!!) Sunday morning and popped on for a quick look before I left for church.

You're card put a smile on my face. Happy, happy, happy. Love the images (will have to take a peek at the site - never heard of them before either) and the colours and combos - perfect.

Enjoy your weekend off.
Michey xxx

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh this is just gorgeous. Love the Nutmeg paper. Hope you enjoyed your day outside. It was gorgeous and sunny here in Australia yesterday too but we have Spring not Fall weather.
mwah
Trace

RiNNE said...

Wonderful coloring! Such cute & bright colors, Amy! Have a fantastic rest of the weekend!

Alice said...

This is toooo cute Amy!! I would never thought of putting them together!!! You are a genius!!!

Angela said...

Amy, this is sweet. this image is just too cute. As always another fab card.. Hope your having a great weekend..

Kerry said...

Absolute gorgeous card, I have been eye-ing these cute Bee-crafty images forever, now I definity need to get them, hehe! Have a wonderful weekend.
{hugs}

Angie said...

OMGoodness, I've never seen these images before but they are adorable! Your card is gorgeous as usual, and those papers seem to be made for those images! Perfect! Good luck getting Elf Anya. I wish TGF would sell them for just a limited time cuz I want that stamp too!

crafty amy said...

Hiya Amy
I have never played with any of those images either but this card is super cute I may have to give them a go :D
I wish I hade got the litle elf Anya but I must have started following Anya just after she was released I hope you find someone to swap with you. Also I know I m a bit late but have been catching up on your blog and I love your altering tips Birthday Anya looks so perfect for an office Christmas party lol I am loving the sparkly head band :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Tammi said...

Soooo sweet, love them together! I never got the elf Anya either, looks like you found some though. :) ~Hugs