Sunday, October 18, 2009

Snow friends

Hey sweeties, having a good Sunday? I'm just happy that the sun is finally shining again after about a week of grey rain and drizzle. This has been such an odd fall season, usually by now all of the leaves on the birch trees in the yard have turned yellow and fallen to the ground but this year most of them are still green and hanging on the trees... what can I say, I miss my golden fall. :(
Anywho, I think the little arctic blast we experienced at the beginning of the week influenced me to skip right into making a winter card LOL! The snowman is from the Keep Cozy TGF set, which I don't have yet but Kadie sent me an image to play with back when I got my swap cards... thanks again Kadie! And the Ian image is actually an altered Santa Ian from the Xmas Sweeties set. Basically I used a baby wipe to swipe the ink off of the inner parts of his coat and hat, getting rid of the belt and fur before stamping. I then drew in the scarf, pockets and stripes on the hat to make him look like a kid ready to play outside in the snow.
I ummm... seem to have misplaced my copic list for this one somewhere on my desk. But seeing as I have to take a picture of some candy today ;) the desk will be cleaned and when I find it I will add the deets.
TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- Scenic Route
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Keep Cozy set, Xmas Sweeties set) CTMH (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox lagoon chalk ink
misc buttons
Copic multiliner pen 0.3
Copic markers:

16 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, you work so hard...I love that you post on Sundays..lol..my day off treat to myself. This card is soooo CUTE.If I had it my way I would have all of your little ones as stamps. They are all just so cute. You so have an eye for design and style..I really really love the colors that you used on this..Have a great day, Lisa G

Claireabelle said...

Fantastic card Amy, I love that background paper with the words, will have to look out for that one
x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Great alteration once again. I love the chilly winter colours you've used.

RiNNE said...

Amy, what a fun alteration! The colors and sketch are darling! And it just makes me want to get out in the snow & play - of course being in California, that means driving out first ;). Have a great Sunday!

♥Rach♥ said...

Love the colors on him, they are so, so vibrant and pretty! I kept looking at the Santa you sent me going, "How did she DO that?" Your alterations are always awesome.

Angela said...

Amy, this little guy is so cute.. Love the layout and love your color choices....

Kelly Booth said...

Amazing Amy and the Colors and Coloring is FAB!!! LOVE this!!

kris said...

What a winterful card!!! it yells winter/Christmas without the whole red and green traditional colors! awesome! TFS =D hugs, Kris

Tonje said...

Your little Ian is sooo cute. Love the blue/green colour combo!

crafty amy said...

Wow I am so happy to be back and able to check out your creations again :D I have missed so much!! I am loving the post under this where you have used the bits from the cover of the paper pack I think you said it was. I thought I was the only over the top collectaholic that kept those bits just incase and as some of them are just too pretty lol.
Also brilliant new about your stamps I am so excited for both you and me as I can't wait to get my hands on them :D I will be glued to your blog for any more info.

Hugs

Amy xx

Unknown said...

So cute card! :)

MicheyMoo said...

oooh...he's cute - though a little overdressed for us Aussies who are finally welcoming some more warmer weather after a wee cold blast. C'mon Summer (actually, I don't mind the cold...I'm just over the whinging about the cooler weather from all the summer fans). ;)

donna mikasa said...

We are SO lucky that you post on weekends! Always a treat to see your cards....Can't wait for the snowmen to arrive and I love how you colored yours!

Angie said...

I love how you altered Santa ian! I really, REALLY need to get back into my stamp room and make something. It's been WEEKS and I think my mojo is completely gone. I miss it!

Alice said...

this is so cute! love the cool color scheme and wow! your altering is amazing, Amy! love this so much!!!!

Tammi said...

Adorable, fab colors and cute little snowman with him! :)