Thursday, December 24, 2009

Everyone, everywhere, feels the thrill in the air...

Christmas eve, Christmas eve...

Well here we are, the big day is finally upon us... luckily for me I've got the next few days off to enjoy the holiday. Yeah! Still, I'm going to be busy visiting family and friends so it's another quick post from me today but how could I not share the friend I made for Vivi? ;)
Do you recognize who's face I used to make my little boy elf? It's Edward! Isn't he perfect?! And all I did was stamp Vivi then cut out her face and a space on the brim of the hat so his hair would show when I placed his colored up face behind it... kinda like those painted wood scenes they have at amusement parks and you stick your face in the holes to get a photo of you as a monkey or something. :)
And you may have noticed Vivi herself is looking a bit different too... well I took a cue from Traci and added some longer locks to Viv and I also gave her the teddy from the Oh Baby set. Now Vivi and Eddie are both ready to pack the last toys on Santa's sleigh before his big ride tonight. Then I imagine they will be off to someplace warm and sunny for some well earned R&R before it's time to head back to the ol' workshop. LOL
Oh and I also used the TGF sketch #6 for this card... hope you all are finding time to play along!

Have a very, very merry, merry Christmas my friends! :)


Supply list:
cardstock- Georgia Pacific
paper and die cut sentiment- My Mind's Eye (Be Merry)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprouts Edward, Wild Sprouts Vivi and Oh Baby set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox chestnut chalk ink
misc gems
Doodlebug white flock
EK Success silver pen
Sakura stardust pen
Copic Spica clear pen
Copic multiliner 0.3 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
Eddie hair- E74, E77, E79
Vivi hair- YR16, YR18, E09, E18
clothes- YG03, YG25, YG67, R24, R29, E09, E44, E47, E49, BG11, BG72, BG75, RV10, RV11, RV21
present- G20, G24, G29, BG0000, BG000
teddy- E33, E35, E37, E57

14 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Merry Christmas Amy. These two are simply ADORABLE! I did not buy Viv, just something about her....However you have changed my mind, and now I am not sure I can live without her...lol...Have a safe and happy few days off. I myself get done at 1pm today and don't have to return until Monday. Yay!!! I so can not wait to play with my family and lounge in my new PJs.(new family tradition for kids and us). Be sure to get to bed early so the big guy won't pass you by..lol...Merry Christmas, Lisa

Unknown said...

I have loved your latest creations, the bright colours are fab!! I think the way you have altered the stamps is awesome!! I would never have thought of it!! Have a wonderful time with your family and friends, Merry Christmas,
Angela x

♥Rach♥ said...

Gosh, every day you just blow me away! The altering is just fantastic as usual and I love the bright colors and paper you used. The little teddy is another adorable addition, LOVE it!

Claireabelle said...

fabulous card Amy!!!! Wishing you a very merry christmas and a fun packed new year!
xx

kadie said...

omgosh, too cute!!!!

Kerry said...

Merry Christmas to the alternating queen! You are absolutely amazing! Love, love, LOVE the adorable little elf.

Shirley N said...

I'm so glad I found your blog--you are one talented young lady and you have inspired me in so many ways! Merry Christmas to you and your family! BTW, love this card!!!

donna mikasa said...

(Lots of squealing here....) Oh, Amy--that Edward faced elf is just too cute, and Vivi looks so happy!

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and that Santa brings you everything you wished for...because you were GOOD! Warm hugs!

RiNNE said...

LOVE everything about this! The altering, the sketch, the elements, the bear!!! Awesome! Merry Christmas to you and your fam and friends, Amy!!

1LuvnMama said...

OH Amy! You never cease to amaze me with your creations! You made those cuties come to life! :) Have a great Christmas!

Maria Therese said...

gorgeous card! love the coloring merry christmas

Alice said...

too cute! you definitely made the altering sound easy... love everything about this card! Wish you and yours a very merry Christmas!! =)

Tammy said...

Happy Christmas Amy!
Have a great day!

WickedPixie said...

Totally adorable!!! I love it!! (You used my fave Christmas paper this year, too!!) But I thought I got the idea of lengthening Vivi's hair from you!? :-)Traci